LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain the brettly connection, if any?!?! Or at least were to find info on it. Please and Thanks a lot!

Shelly, I really am trying to figure out what you're talking about here but it seems like you're making some leaps. Can you clarify for me ...

1) What part of Parkside are you talking about without home entrances? I see entrances on both the north and south side of Parkside (flanking Versailles).

2) Are you assuming the light seen behind Mickey on Versailles is a vehicle? Because on the map there is a street light directly above the light on the pavement.
People think that parkside begins at BW house; I think it does. But what I discovered today on the tour with BayouBecky is that parkside crosses versailles (in back of MS on versailles) and goes to west university. There is a school that is on the left of parkside; some houses to the right. However living in this area, I do believe that these house have entrances on side streets not facing parkside. many people think parkside ends at West university, but today I crossed over st landry went rt after the medical offices and voila the next street I hit was parkside. Parkside must make a loop around; does it go anywhere from BW house? back to the St street area behind the medical offices on st landry - like in one big circle?

Until we get clarification of the post Artis read elsewhere, let's drop the subject. The last thing we want to do is give legs to rumors.

Bumping, also, WS is a fact based discussion board. Dreams, visions and psychic revelations are taboo here.

People think that parkside begins at BW house; I think it does. But what I discovered today on the tour with BayouBecky is that parkside crosses versailles (in back of MS on versailles) and goes to west university. There is a school that is on the left of parkside; some houses to the right. However living in this area, I do believe that these house have entrances on side streets not facing parkside. many people think parkside ends at West university, but today I crossed over st landry went rt after the medical offices and voila the next street I hit was parkside. Parkside must make a loop around; does it go anywhere from BW house? back to the St street area behind the medical offices on st landry - like in one big circle?

Have you google mapped it?

Can we all agree on 1 thing. Whiskey Bay is a problem. They say it wouldnt be cost effective to have more security there because its desolate yet they know its used daily and nightly by boaters. So which is it? Would we please write to our local or state officials and make a stink about this. It cant cost that much to light up the area at the launch with flood lights or post it illegal to be there after a certain time (just like state parks have curfews)

I think Parkside branches off from from Azalea which runs parallel with St. Landry. I always thought Mickey may have tried to lose the person following her by cutting through the city hall parking lot and going over to Azalea, but perhaps she never made it to Azalea.

I found out today that this exact thing happened to a girl I know, but she did NOT get in the truck. She was riding her bike in the same exact area (I think she used to live at the corner of Univ/st. John). Her mother is in hysterics.

How long ago? What is the age and general description of your friend (petite, blond, etc)?

Is this a Government Building? Like a municipal/24 hour operational building?

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg80...ename=capture0013005201202134.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg29...ename=capture0223005201202140.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg83...ename=capture0173005201202140.jpg&res=landing

the reason I ask, is because does anyone know if they have had any reason to interview people who work in the general vicinity of the Circle K? Im not trying to imply that any vehicles seen on Google Maps is of interest, especially since the photos are a few years old. And the reason i ask about 24 hour operational buildings is I dont know what its like in Lafayette, but is it normal for vehicles to be out driving around at 2am (I know streets are never completely empty)

Again, Im not trying to look harder into things that need be, just curious is all

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I am so confuzzled about the route she was taking...where the pics are...where the cars are...where she is. I'm frustrated that the images were just thrown out with really no explanation of what's what. How in the world is it supposed to jog anyone's memory when it's all so vague.
Please follow mamamia54; she is putting together graphics and maps and is trying to piece it together better than anyone else on here. Feed her information; anything that comes to your mind. No time to waste!

Shelly, I'm about to blow your freaking mind.

http://maps.google.com <-- click this

Really hoping LE gets some prints...not many people have their DNA on file yet but lots of people have their fingerprints out there. And I don't believe the person who took Mickey would have had an entirely crime-free existence up until now. CA was very lucky in Sierra's case that the suspect's DNA was on file, especially for a 20-year old not in prison, that is very rare.

And more crime and less-safe streets.

My kids were n Lafayette High at the time. The stories would set your hair on end. Gang colors and graffiti, kids afraid to walk the halls between during class periods for a restroom run, officers posted on campus, a fundamental change in a decent school to accommodate a much harder and dangerous element of student.

That whole thing is sickening. I know that the crime rate shot way up in Houston, as well. I remember during the Katrina reporting the story of the sheriff from a town next to NOLA who would not let the NOLA people come across the bridge. Now I know why. He was guarding his community.

Ok, I'm going to post this map, not certain just what route Mickey would have taken after she passed the Circle K, but there are several streets that would lead her to Johnson St, and that would have lead her toward her home. I'll be back tomorrow. If anyone has other info they might want me to post, let me know.

Attachments

• map002.jpg
    map002.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 55
definitely a vehicle in rt picture. Good job mama mia. will you please call the tip line about this. 337 291 8633.

i thought the same thing. I'm using a laptop !w/ a pretty good resolution and I swear I see a person standing almost top and center---right of the pole?!

To the right of the pole, it looks like a 33-46ish white male with dark hair, a receding hairline, and possibly glasses facing to the left, wearing a white t-shirt and dark pants. He looks height-weight proportionate.

The white stuff to the left of the pole is what makes it confusing. It doesn't look like anything specific, and the white bleeds in with the white shirt on the guy so much that it makes it seem like the man to the right of the pole may just be an optical illusion, like the face on Mars.

OK, so I have the name of the guy who lives at that second house on the right with the white truck. Can't really find anything on him though. Any ideas anyone??

Name of the owner of the property? I don't know. Just that stupid cryptic post. If it's nothing or if it's something someone witnessed, I have no idea. This situation is so serious that I pay attention to everything but there's no way to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member