17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanford, Fla – March 28, 2012 -- The City of Sanford kindly requests that members of the media refrain from approaching, phoning or emailing city employees when they are in their roles as private citizens. It has come to light that there have been a few incidents where city staff were followed and approached at their home or in settings outside of working hours. Law enforcement officials will not hesitate to make an arrest for stalking.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I love this City PR department.

Yep, they only hesitate when it's murder.

I have to say that the news overnight has made me feel "less crazy" over this case.

What I mean is that we all started from a single baseline of the 911 tapes and it seemed pretty straightforward, but for a week now we have been trapped on board the crazy train with all these embellishments and tweaks of the story, not to mention ad hominem attacks on the young victim. Even tonight this description of what happened by Zimmerman's father (described in the article as a Judge by the way) still doesn't jive with the original 911 tapes.

But the video from the police station swings everything back to common sense again, thank goodness. There's no blood and the man doesn't appear to be hurt in any way. And yet, Trayvon is just as dead.

I hope this will last and a real investigation can get back on track so justice can be served.

Sanford, Fla – March 28, 2012 -- The City of Sanford kindly requests that members of the media refrain from approaching, phoning or emailing city employees when they are in their roles as private citizens. It has come to light that there have been a few incidents where city staff were followed and approached at their home or in settings outside of working hours. Law enforcement officials will not hesitate to make an arrest for stalking.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I love this City PR department.

The irony is rich

I think this looks pretty bad too. Makes you wonder who was pulling the strings of power for GZ.
Considering the S.A did not ever pother to come to the crime scene IIRC.
Well, they are both sidelined right now.

snipped:
A source with knowledge of the investigation into the shooting of Trayvon Martin tells theGrio that it was then Sanford police chief Bill Lee, along with Capt. Robert O'Connor, the investigations supervisor, who made the decision to release George Zimmerman on the night of February 26th, after consulting with State Attorney Norman Wolfinger -- in person.

Wolfinger's presence at the scene or at the police department in the night of a shooting would be unusual, according to the source. On a typical case, police contact the state attorney's office and speak with an on duty assistant state attorney; they either discuss the matter by phone or the on duty assistant state attorney comes to the crime scene - but rarely the state attorney him or herself.

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...mmerman-no-charge-call-in-person.php#46882946

Wow, read thru posts. Lots of new things.
Looking at the video of GZ and I can now comprehend better why he scared Tray so much.
To a black teenager GZ resembled a white skinhead with his shaven head. More scary than a regular white dude.
And I do believe now there was a struggle for the gun and both hit the ground.
GZ wanted to make a citizen's arrest and drew/pointed his gun while way too close to Tray.
Tray thought he was going to shoot him on the spot and successfully lurched for the gun. GZ did not expect that a sane person will try to go for a gun pointed at him.
But Tray was a fearless 17 year old teenager(the kind that makes good soldiers) who expected to die anyway but think they live forever. Tray had not done anything illegal so why would somebody pull a gun on him unless he wanted to kill/harm him .
Tray was shot at VERY close range, not just close per LE leaks. Which I translate into possibly body contact with the gun barrel. It was a lucky shot that incapacitated Tray instantly and GZ crawled away from under Tray quickly. Not enough time for a lot of blood, may be just some minimal.
Why no blood on GZ from Tray? Unless you hit an artery close to the surface like a shot in the neck , it takes a couple of seconds for the blood to start flowing. Ever got a decent flesh cut on your hand , no lots of blood instantly. All IMO.

I think this is very likely very close to what happened.One thing I think can't be disputed IF GZ got attacked by Trayvon first it was because the kid was scared for his life and had under the SYG law every right to attack.

Something else bothers me about the tape of GZ at the police station. Why would officers turn their backs on someone in handcuffs and also walk in front of them? There doesn't seem to be any concern for their safety at all. And the jacket check? I am more aggressive looking for a kleenex in my pocket. It's just looks odd.

I think this is very likely very close to what happened.One thing I think can't be disputed IF GZ got attacked by Trayvon first it was because the kid was scared for his life and had under the SYG law every right to attack.

I am only interested in the truth. However, GZ did not tell this story first.
As a college student in law enforcement as was reported, plus a dad as a retired Judge ,I have to assume he would be somewhat familiar with the Fla criminal statutes so why lie. Unless you have something to hide.
He might have said something verbally threatening to Tray which could make him the attacker in my book, especially if he was sporting a drawn gun.
Besides, if someone with no legal authority whatsoever comes up to you and points a gun at you for no apparent reason , is not that attack enough? Are you suppose to wait for the shot first.?

~Respectfully Snipped For Comment~

Tray was shot at VERY close range, not just close per LE leaks. Which I translate into possibly body contact with the gun barrel. It was a lucky shot that incapacitated Tray instantly and GZ crawled away from under Tray quickly.
BBM

That seems to be the story we've been expected to believe. Simple and easy to visualize, isn't it?:

TMZimmerVer.png

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

Zimmerman told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

However, my question remains, if Zimmerman's story is true, how could the instantly incapacitated body of Trayvon Martin, that Zimmerman quickly crawled away from, be found in a position turned 180 degrees from that which allowed him to smash Zimmerman's head onto the sidewalk while his back was in the grass?

TMZimmerVer1.png

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7733733&postcount=470"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9[/ame]

A little OT but Trayvon is mentioned here.Just another example that racism undeniably is alive and well in the U.S.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ist-reactions/2012/03/28/gIQANOVrgS_blog.html

I dunno, articles like that never quantify such incidents. Like maybe only a very tiny percentage of the fans complained. Lots of racism incidents are blown out of proportion by the media IMO. I have been in the USA since the 70's and I think they have come a long way since then, by my observations.

The aftermath of Trayvon's death and its subsequent questionable handling points more to an influential protector of GZ/ good old boy's system than a race issue per se.
A white murdered homeless man or prostitute of any race could be swept under the rug just as fast. I call it class Justice.

I honestly don't know which way a body would fall if shot at close range?
IF Trayvon was on top of Z would the force of the gun make him fall forward or backward?

BBM

That seems to be the story we've been expected to believe. Simple and easy to visualize, isn't it?:

TMZimmerVer.png

However, my question remains, if Zimmerman's story is true, how could the instantly incapacitated body of Trayvon Martin, that Zimmerman quickly crawled away from, be found in a position turned 180 degrees from that which allowed him to smash Zimmerman's head onto the sidewalk while his back was in the grass?

TMZimmerVer1.png

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

After seeing the video, I find it hard to believe there was any repeated smashing. Just a "smash/scratch when both went down while struggling for the gun. If GZ's hair would have been longer, the wound if any, could have been easily missed IMO. Do we know how many hours later that video was taken after the alleged head smashing?

I dunno, articles like that never quantify such incidents. Like maybe only a very tiny percentage of the fans complained. Lots of racism incidents are blown out of proportion by the media IMO. I have been in the USA since the 70's and I think they have come a long way since then, by my observations.

The aftermath of Trayvon's death and its subsequent questionable handling points more to an influential protector of GZ/ good old boy's system than a race issue per se.
A white murdered homeless man or prostitute of any race could be swept under the rug just as fast. I call it class Justice.

Essentially I agree,but my daughter is 16 and read the book in school.It's a hot topic among them on their facebook pages that Rue was black so I know it's not just a small percentage overall talking about it.

I agree with the initial incident being not so much a race issue but like you said a "good old boy/class" issue.......however I believe not as many white people would believe if the victim was white that he was the agressor and that's that underlying racism I'm talking about ,the one people aren't even aware of.Kids are more honest.They admit they would have been more sad about Rue's death would she have been a white little girl.
And that's tragic,IMO

He may stumbled around before falling.

My question with Z's story is if he was confronted at his car, why was the shooting so far from the street?

I honestly don't know which way a body would fall if shot at close range?
IF Trayvon was on top of Z would the force of the gun make him fall forward or backward?

He was face down already according to witnesses so I would expect him to further fall forward. A 9mm shot would not make him go backwards IMO. Also the hands under his body could have been due to the final unsuccessful attempt to pull the gun away.
We are just speculating, however. WE NEED MORE INFO.

He may stumbled around before falling.

My question with Z's story is if he was confronted at his car, why was the shooting so far from the street?

He said , he was walking back to his car. Do we really know how far he was from his car when he said that? He was running for a bit.

Wow, read thru posts. Lots of new things.
Looking at the video of GZ and I can now comprehend better why he scared Tray so much.
To a black teenager GZ resembled a white skinhead with his shaven head. More scary than a regular white dude.
And I do believe now there was a struggle for the gun and both hit the ground.
GZ wanted to make a citizen's arrest and drew/pointed his gun while way too close to Tray.
Tray thought he was going to shoot him on the spot and successfully lurched for the gun. GZ did not expect that a sane person will try to go for a gun pointed at him.
But Tray was a fearless 17 year old teenager(the kind that makes good soldiers) who expected to die anyway but think they live forever. Tray had not done anything illegal so why would somebody pull a gun on him unless he wanted to kill/harm him .
Tray was shot at VERY close range, not just close per LE leaks. Which I translate into possibly body contact with the gun barrel. It was a lucky shot that incapacitated Tray instantly and GZ crawled away from under Tray quickly. Not enough time for a lot of blood, may be just some minimal.
Why no blood on GZ from Tray? Unless you hit an artery close to the surface like a shot in the neck , it takes a couple of seconds for the blood to start flowing. Ever got a decent flesh cut on your hand , no lots of blood instantly. All IMO.

Saying TM may have been scared because GZ looked like a white skinhead is racial profiling.

Not all light skinned males with shaved heads are skinheads anymore than all black teens in hoodies are thugs.

Just wanted to point that out.

“I find it very strange with the publicity involved . . . that all of a sudden, after three weeks, someone would remember that they were on the phone

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/spike_you_twit_Xgh7Ibaug2NSncZJqGUQdN#ixzz1qVBXmdCl

Robert also said he doesn’t believe Trayvon’s girlfriend, who says she was on the phone with him right before the deadly incident.

Why is that a matter of belief when there are phone records to verify or disqualify the alleged call and where has it been stated that she didn't remember it until now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong