Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you probably don't want to visit her blog site but the comments section is filled with judgements of the Kerchers by some of her defenders. For some reason some feel the need to blame them for what AK is going through.

I've seen this in comment sections on many news sites as well. There are people saying the Kerchers should "just let it go and move on" and that "deep down they know Knox is innocent" and that by going on the media they are just trying to win sympathy so the U.S. is more likely to extradite Knox... Really it's all just pretty sick IMO.

I've been looking for some legal precedent as to whether Knox would be extradited or not. I found bloomfield vs. gengler, in which some Americans were initially accused of importing and exporting drugs from Canada. Their case was dismissed, the dismissal was then overturned and they were found guilty in absentia.
The convicted Americans fought their extradition, one of the grounds being double jeopardy, and the court did find that if they had been acquitted in the U.S. they couldn't be tried again. But they were convicted in Canada, and since their crime of importing drugs is a crime in America and there was sufficient evidence to criminality to have justified the trial, that is all the treaty requires. Double jeopardy doesn't come into play under extradition laws.

http://openjurist.org/507/f2d/925/united-states-bloomfield-v-gengler-e-ettinger

Thanks for researching that. I think we've all been looking for a case that was similar in order to understand the possibilities in this case.

snipped from : http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ined-italy-austria-border-reports-amanda-knox

The Ansa news agency said Sollecito, 29, had been located by police officers in a village between Udine and the town of Tarvisio, which is about three miles from the Austrian border. He had reportedly arrived in the village early on Thursday afternoon. Sollecito had attended the court hearing in Florence in the morning but did not return in the afternoon.

BBM: I was wondering where Sollecito was yesterday afternoon when the verdict was read, considering he was in court for the morning session ...

Wow ... just wow ...

:moo:

I just heard a leading US lawyer from Fair Trials International interviewed on BBC Radio. I didn't catch her name I'm afraid. She seems to think double jeopardy might prove a stumbling block to any extradition, but that there is a political element too and the State Dept will extradite Knox upon request. Otherwise, she says, the US might encounter difficulties in future getting its own wanted people extradited from Italy.

She also provided a good explanation about the differences in the two judicial processes and the problems it creates. Which I thought I understood at the time but now I find I can't put into words, so I obviously didn't.

Here's the organization.
http://www.fairtrials.org/

I just watched the GMA interview post-verdict. Her voice is constantly poised right at the edge of tears, the high tremor, on the edge of crying. This would be understandable, of course, that one might be on the verge of tears--but there's something about it that seems so forced to me, how long she sustains this tone in her voice-- like she's acting. It doesn't seem genuine. There's also a lot of word salad, talking about nothing, just to fill space, and right, not a lot of just straight up "I am innocent". It's all about being a victim. She drops in the reference to talking to the priest at the prison and makes it sound like he supports her. She wants us all to know how compassionate she is for Raphael and the Kerchers. It just seems like a performance to me. Totally unscientific, I know, and other people will read her differently. I'm just kind of fascinated by the behavior of people who seem to me to be narcissistic. The subtle ways they twist things and manipulate language, especially. JMO IMO of course!!

It's interesting that you also noticed something in the tone of her voice as "forced", as that is the same impression I had. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it seems forceful and hard. I noticed it in her 5 day pre-verdict interview. The tone was grating on me in a way that I couldn't get past the first couple of minutes. The words are like word salad. She has always written (see short stories) and spoken word salad, almost like she thinks that putting big words together will make it seem like she's sophisticated, but instead it strikes me as confusing and incoherent. Sometimes, less is more.

I've seen this in comment sections on many news sites as well. There are people saying the Kerchers should "just let it go and move on" and that "deep down they know Knox is innocent" and that by going on the media they are just trying to win sympathy so the U.S. is more likely to extradite Knox... Really it's all just pretty sick IMO.

Yeh it's very sickening. I mean I know this case is divided but I have never seen a victims family attacked the way the Kerchers sometimes are. No matter how you feel about AK, the Kerchers have done nothing wrong. IMO they simply have only the Italian justice system to rely on for justice for Meredith. It's not their fault.

I am aware of Amanda Knox case, but have not formed an opinion about it as I have not really followed the case. As for the comments section by pro-Knox, they should be going after the Italian justice system, not the Kerchers. It was the justice system that got Knox convicted, acquitted, and convicted again.

This should be interesting to follow as she was convicted and than acquitted to be only tried and convicted. As I Must Break You posted a legal precedent similar to Knox.

Wow, I had no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the reason why amanda feared going back to italy is because she knew she was guilty.

jmo

Murder in Italy is also a really good book to read about this case.

Thanks. Barbie Nadeau spells it out quite clearly: that the David Mariott PR Firm influenced how the US public understood the case.

Also, to come to my conclusion on why Knox was involved had nothing to do with DNA.

People forget DNA is a new science and thousands of people throughout history have been found guilty with circumstantial evidence.

For me it was a circumstantial case.

Amanda either told Sophie or Filomina that Meredith f'ing bled to death.

that was one thing that made me go 'guilty' among many more things Amanda said and did.

Thanks. Barbie Nadeau spells it out quite clearly: that the David Mariott PR Firm influenced how the US public understood the case.

And that PR firm did a pretty good job of it. It's crazy to see people commenting on other sites things that are completely false as facts. Things like the knife has been proven not to be the murder weapon (nope), that it has been proven all the DNA evidence evidence pointing toward AK and RS is contaminated (false), that the crime scene was tampered with (where did they get that?), that RG confessed to the murder (as far as I know he still maintains his innocence), etc. etc.

the reason why amanda feared going back to italy is because she knew she was guilty.

jmo

In her post-verdict statement, she claims that she expected better from the Italian justice system, but in her email to the court, she stated that she did not trust the court to find overturn her guilty verdict. Which is it: she expected better, or she expected a guilty verdict? Knox says whatever is convenient at the moment.

Also, to come to my conclusion on why Knox was involved had nothing to do with DNA.

People forget DNA is a new science and thousands of people throughout history have been found guilty with circumstantial evidence.

For me it was a circumstantial case.

DNA is actually circumstantial evidence too. It was purely a circumstantial evidence, but much of it was old fashioned police work rather than forensics. The staged break in was recognized immediately, in the same way that police all over the world recognize a staged crime scene. It's their job to recognize the difference. The strange behavior was noticed not only by investigators, but by all parties that were present when the murder was discovered. The alibi lies that were told would create suspecion everywhere, not just in Italy. Knox pointing the finger at an innocent man and then holding to that story, even after she was arrested, would result in suspecion in every police force. The fact that Knox's mother kept the secret about the false accusation would raise even more red flags. There's simply a mountain of circumstantial evidence that can be explained in a piece by piece manner (each with a different explanation), but as a totality it is very incriminating.

In her post-verdict statement, she claims that she expected better from the Italian justice system, but in her email to the court, she stated that she did not trust the court to find overturn her guilty verdict. Which is it: she expected better, or she expected a guilty verdict? Knox says whatever is convenient at the moment.

She plays the victim card so much, it's pretty tiring. I don't think I've ever seen someone be so "woe is me", every second of everyday about everything. Even if she is innocent (which as I've made very clear I don't believe) it's hard to feel sympathy for someone so narcissistic.

In case anyone missed it, this provides a good example of how the Knox is Innocent PR Firm, including retired FBI Steve Moore, spreads false information. He alleges that Knox was tortured for 53 hours prior to implicating Patrick Lumumba. Anyone that has followed the case knows that the truth is that she was not tortured, and the questioning lasted 1-2 hours. What is true, and what is stated by someone that should be factual and truthful (retired FBI agent), are not the same.

Steve Moore keeps describing the other guest as a detective, when he's a lawyer, and he really skews the facts. He just doesn't seem credible on any level.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/be...-erin-sot-panel-italy-amanda-knox-retrial.cnn

Amanda either told Sophie or Filomina that Meredith f'ing bled to death.

that was one thing that made me go 'guilty' among many more things Amanda said and did.

Knox clearly communicated on the day of the murder how she felt about the victim, and today is no different, except that she now takes it out on the lawyer that represents the victim and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86