Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

Wow!!! This is all I have to say!

This has to be her!! Way to go Carl!

We will do whatever we can to find her family to get DNA.

The link Carbuff posted above might have/has the parent's names. I am assuming Carl is submitting her...

Is this you Cali?

The link Carbuff posted above might have/has the parent's names. I am assuming Carl is submitting her...

Yes, I've submitted her. Lori Bruski is already looking into it.

Looks better than most we've seen so far Carl.

Good find and glad you submitted it. If Tammy's parents and siblings (if any) are still around there should be no problem getting DNA samples.

I talked to the guy who posted on Zabasearch. He was a friend of Tammy's.

He says Tammy's parents ran a truck stop, and says that she would have been very comfortable around truckers.

But her parents are now deceased. He says that he thinks she had a sister, and the detectives know who her sister is.

This brings tears to my eyes; this poor girl is finally going to get her name back, and maybe whoever killed her will be caught.
Great job Carl K.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

snip from the link.... She was laid to rest in the Mount Morris Cemetery in Dansville, New York. The inscription of her gravestone reads, "Lest we forget an unidentified girl. November 9. 1979. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." In September 2005, her grave was exhumed in order to test her teeth in hopes of identifying minerals found in drinking water to help aid in her identification. Pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were determined to have come from only four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.

I knew some of the Western States were listed from where the pollen could have came from, but I didn't remember Florida. It makes sense... Tammy has to be Cali Jane Doe!

Yes, everything matches up. Tammy bleached her brown hair, and the UID had "frosted" brown hair. The front teeth on both of them seem to match as well.

Keep in mind a couple of things. Tammy was last seen almost three years before Cali was murdered. I seriously doubt that the pollen on Cali's clothes were there for three years. If I'm not mistaken some of the clothes were for boys so who knows where Cali got them.

Another thing, didn't the dental isotopes indicate that Cali spent considerable time in the Southwest?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

snip from the link.... She was laid to rest in the Mount Morris Cemetery in Dansville, New York. The inscription of her gravestone reads, "Lest we forget an unidentified girl. November 9. 1979. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." In September 2005, her grave was exhumed in order to test her teeth in hopes of identifying minerals found in drinking water to help aid in her identification. Pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were determined to have come from only four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.

I knew some of the Western States were listed from where the pollen could have came from, but I didn't remember Florida. It makes sense... Tammy has to be Cali Jane Doe!

I can't quite let myself 100% think that its Tammy, because I have 100% believed in matches for various UIDs before which turned out not to be. However, I am very excited about this PM, very excited indeed.

Keep in mind a couple of things. Tammy was last seen almost three years before Cali was murdered. I seriously doubt that the pollen on Cali's clothes were there for three years. If I'm not mistaken some of the clothes were for boys so who knows where Cali got them.

The Date LKA is wrong. Her photo is in the Hernando HS 1979 yearbook. The NamUs photo is her 1978-79 sophomore portrait.

... If I'm not mistaken some of the clothes were for boys so who knows where Cali got them. ...

If you look through the yearbook, plaid button-up shirts were not uncommon for girls at that school back then.

Another thing, didn't the dental isotopes indicate that Cali spent considerable time in the Southwest?

The Zabasearch post by a friend that was looking for Tammy said that she was last seen in '78 or '79, so the timeline seems to match up. The UID's severe tooth decay suggests that she had been on the run for awhile.
I agree that the isotope test saying that she had been in the Southwestern portion of the U.S. is a discrepancy. But that is the only discrepancy I can see. Everything else lines up, and I'd be flabbergasted if Tammy isn't Cali.

Sorry am on the cell; can't quote. She has not been identified yet. We've seen other possibles that looked good not be; take "orange socks" with Martha I was sure Carl matched her! As for the clothes; they were popular on the East coast back then; someone also spent money on her shoes which were also the rage.

Tammy is the best possible match I've seen in a long time for Cali. I hope she will be getting her name back

The Zabasearch post by a friend that was looking for Tammy said that she was last seen in '78 or '79, so the timeline seems to match up. The UID's severe tooth decay suggests that she had been on the run for awhile.
I agree that the isotope test saying that she had been in the Southwestern portion of the U.S. is a discrepancy. But that is the only discrepancy I can see. Everything else lines up, and I'd be flabbergasted if Tammy isn't Cali.

She actually was not on the road long. If you go to Calis FB page we have a note titled verified info from LE; she had actually recently shaved. The tooth decay suggests her parents couldn't afford a dentist or she also had bad teeth like I did. I never saw a dentist till I was 11; by then my teeth needed a lot of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member