CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC that call was at 6pm and she didn't say where she was at the time. That was her last call on her cell. Which makes me wonder even more if that witness mistook someone else for her.

Her brother did say on a video that she spent every night at b&n until closing, and then went to the gym.
Nothing like establishing a fixed pattern if somebody is watching you.......

Right now I'm thinking someone abducted her from the parking lot, in her car, and drove it back there since his (the perp's) car was already there. Kind of like what happened in the Kelsey Smith case. MOO

This article has been updated:

Concern Mounts For Missing Suisun Woman
Updated: 5:50 pm PDT April 29, 2010

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23289495/detail.html

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, investigators said they are stumped by this case and that they are working alongside the FBI to develop new leads. So far they have found no sign of foul play in Le's disappearance.

snip

“We waited and waited until 3 a.m.,” he said. “My dad and mom were really worried.”
So Huong went out to search for his sister and discovered her abandoned car in the Barnes And Noble parking lot in Fairfield.

“I went to the gym first and couldn’t find her,” he told KTVU. “I went to Barnes and Noble and found her car. All the doors were locked…Her backpack was in the trunk.”

Huong’s concern heightened when he looked inside the backpack.

“All her belongings were in there, even her cell phone,’ he said.

Huong noticed the last call made on the cell was to a family friend and his sister’s former boss.

“I called him the next day he said he talked with around 6 p.m. (Sunday),” Huong said. “She was upset and told him about the argument… He said she was upset over a lot of things…But he didn’t know where she was.”

Those 6 photos... could it be they have a witness who saw her with a man that night?

If the windows were down, he probably just reached in and popped the trunk? Why would she leave her windows down??
The whole thing with the car troubles me. She's an educated, seemingly responsible young woman who never stays away from home overnight. Yet the way her car is found looks like a totally irresponsible person, leaving the car windows down in a public parking lot, her personal belongings in the trunk while she's supposedly inside a bookstore coffee shop at night. Just doesn't make sense, imo.

I think her brother meant that when she was still in school, she went to B&N frequently and then to the 24 Hour Fitness which is basically, right across the street.

Also:

Barnes&Noble
Gateway Courtyard

AT&T Store WiFi
1600 Gateway Blvd
Fairfield, CA 94533
707-435-0484
Store Hours
Sun 9:00AM-9:00PM | Mon-Sat 9:00AM-10:00PM

So, since Barnes&Noble closes at 9 on Sunday, that explains why her brother first went to the 24 Hour Fitness place. Am I right? Was she there Sunday night? No matter what night it was, it still explains to me why he first went looking for her at 24 Hour Fitness.

24 Hour Fitness
1519 Gateway Boulevard
Fairfield, CA 94533

I doubt they'd take someone just out of school; possible but not likely she's ACLS certified either. It would be a good idea to check with the contact person to see if she did try there, though.
If she is a timid, shy person and with her physical size, I can't really see her first job being at a correctional facility. Pretty scary, imo.

"All the doors were locked…Her backpack was in the trunk."

First: I thought there was one door unlocked?

Second: If the doors were locked, how could he pop the trunk, if only the back windows were opened? You can't reach the button from the back window.

Third: If he did reach through the window and unlocked the front door, wouldn't the alarm go off?

I'm thinking the argument was more than just a little snit between sisters over hanging up fliers.

And I have been known to leave my purse in the trunk, with my back windows down. BAD GIRL!

I do however, usually take my wallet or money .... and cell phone with me. But when I meet my husband at B&N, I sometimes will leave everything in my purse, except my keys and toss it in the trunk.

What is the reasoning behind leaving windows down in a car?

The first thing that should've happened is her car by impounded and completely dusted for prints, especially around the driver's and trunk area and nothing of hers touched until CSI went over it. And despite what her brother said about the windows, it was dark out and people steal cars all the time if they're not secure. MOO

I find that statement odd as well and highly unusal. Its not summer time, and why would Le need to air out the backseat??

He may have had a spare key.

My brother and my dad both have one for my car. I have a habit of getting locked out. :angel:

I think her brother meant that when she was still in school, she went to B&N frequently and then to the 24 Hour Fitness which is basically, right across the street.

Also:

Barnes&Noble
Gateway Courtyard

AT&T Store WiFi
1600 Gateway Blvd
Fairfield, CA 94533
707-435-0484
Store Hours
Sun 9:00AM-9:00PM | Mon-Sat 9:00AM-10:00PM

So, since Barnes&Noble closes at 9 on Sunday, that explains why her brother first went to the 24 Hour Fitness place. Am I right? Was she there Sunday night? No matter what night it was, it still explains to me why he first went looking for her at 24 Hour Fitness.

24 Hour Fitness
1519 Gateway Boulevard
Fairfield, CA 94533

I hadn't known about the 24 hour fitness, I hope LE has a surveillance there??

It does sound like she was highly upset, according to the friend/former boss she called... an on-going thing with family obligations or just super-stressed and over-reacted? I saw at one point that her brother said she often went to B&N to "cool off" which indicates there were on-going issues at home, to me...but have no idea if this is connected to her being gone, in any way...

I'd like to know if that was something she normally did, throwing her things in the trunk, and if so, when she did it. e.g., always before driving, or only when on her way to the gym, or if it was something she never did.

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, investigators said they are stumped by this case and that they are working alongside the FBI to develop new leads. So far they have found no sign of foul play in Le's disappearance.

snip

“We waited and waited until 3 a.m.,” he said. “My dad and mom were really worried.”
So Huong went out to search for his sister and discovered her abandoned car in the Barnes And Noble parking lot in Fairfield.

“I went to the gym first and couldn’t find her,” he told KTVU. “I went to Barnes and Noble and found her car. All the doors were locked…Her backpack was in the trunk.”

Huong noticed the last call made on the cell was to a family friend and his sister’s former boss.

“I called him the next day he said he talked with around 6 p.m. (Sunday),” Huong said. “She was upset and told him about the argument… He said she was upset over a lot of things…But he didn’t know where she was.”

That answers a few questions for me. I thought the brother went out at 12 midnight and didn't find the car until 4, but he didn't go out until 3, and went right to the gym and bookstore.

What do we know about the ex-boss. I find it odd that he sure makes a point to say she was upset about alot of things. Ex-boss could have easily picked her up from there. Ex-boss needs a poly.

snip

That answers a few questions for me. I thought the brother went out at 12 midnight and didn't find the car until 4, but he didn't go out until 3, and went right to the gym and bookstore.

<respectively snipped from article>
Huong told KTVU police had joined the search for his sister and had showed him snapshots of six men, asking if he knew any of them.“I recognized one of them, it was my sister’s former boss,” he said. “They didn’t tell me why they showed me the pictures… It really freaked me out when I saw those six pictures.” <snipped>

Ok, I am glad LE is questioning these 6 men, including the former boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie