GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

This is how I am interpreting the MSM info above.

Dad lives with Dontrells mother. Dad had gotten another woman pregnant prior to his relationship (or prior to impregnating) with Dontrell's mother. A month after the mother of his 1st child won a paternity and child support case Dontrell went missing.

Sometime later Dad had a second child with Dontrell's mother.

What I don't understand is whether Dontrell's mother has 2 or 3 children with this man.

My theory is he freaked out after the other mother was awarded child support and did something to little Dontrell. Mom might have agreed to his story if she knew their finances would be tight while they were living together and he was paying child support to another woman.

What I don't understand is why there would have never been any verbal communication, phone calls at least, between the grandparents and this childs mother. Even if she did not physically see him in 18 months, why wouldn't she have questioned not talking to the grand parents? I think the guy gave her a load of bs which she bought thinking it was in the best interest of her son. (Think of all the BS D'Andre Lane sold his children's mothers).

I don't think this is going to end well. Dad is already giving LE conflicting stories on where he left his son.

Here we go again. :sigh: :(

So we are supposed to believe that the mother was fine with not seeing nor speaking to her baby foR 18 MONTHS?!?! What a crock of crap :banghead: The family must've known something was off.

'mother' has a J that is older, then Dontrell, then a new one with CM...K

I believe the younger 2 are his

she has pics

She has a album of her tats, one with "j" name but I didn't see one with Dontrell's name.

'mother' has a J that is older, then Dontrell, then a new one with CM...K

I believe the younger 2 are his

she has pics

Oh, ok thanks. That explains the 3 which are hers versus the 3 which are his. They share 2 together and each have 1 with someone else.

(No facebook... I leave the FB sleuthing to others as I am not so good at it. )

The mother contacted authorities in October 2012 because Melvin had not allowed her to see her son during the previous 16 months.

The Florida Department of Children and Families conducted an investigation but the findings were unknown, Flournoy said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

So she contacted authorities in October and this is just now coming out? I wonder what Florida Department of Children and Families findings were.

yeah what did they do, just believe the child was at grandparents??? Really a mom is worried about a child over 2 months ago???

I wonder if the child neglect call that prompted this new visit was related to the new baby?

The last time anyone saw Dontrell was July 2011 — when his father walked out of his Hallandale Beach home with Dontrell and came back without him.

Dontrell’s mom asked what happened to their son. Melvin told her that he gave the baby to his parents in Pompano Beach so the boy could have a better life. The couple were having financial troubles.

Life went on without Dontrell.

The couple went on to have another child. The mother, who police did not identify Thursday, has a third child with a different father.

Members of one neighborhood family said they would see Melvin now and again, and would ask him: How’s Dontrell doing?

Melvin’s response: “Oh, he’s alright.”

Months passed. The mother apparently accepted what Melvin told her — the boy was with his grandparents — and apparently didn’t delve too deeply into the situation..

“We can’t get over that fact either,” Maj. Thomas Honan said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/10/3176643/hallandale-beach-police-seek-father.html#storylink=cpy

Oh man. :(

This one won't end well.

This is MOO, but what kind of mother just accepts that her child has been given to the grandparents and doesn't try to see the child for 18 months?

I hope this poor baby gets justice served. It's like he never existed, and never mattered to this family. Poor thing :(

^^ :thud:

no words, suitable to post re- 'unworthy of investigation'

an addy I found, if it is current. also possibly list another female adult in association with the 'mother' fwiw

The last time anyone saw Dontrell was July 2011 — when his father walked out of his Hallandale Beach home with Dontrell and came back without him.

Dontrell’s mom asked what happened to their son. Melvin told her that he gave the baby to his parents in Pompano Beach so the boy could have a better life. The couple were having financial troubles.

Life went on without Dontrell.

The couple went on to have another child. The mother, who police did not identify Thursday, has a third child with a different father.

Members of one neighborhood family said they would see Melvin now and again, and would ask him: How’s Dontrell doing?

Melvin’s response: “Oh, he’s alright.”

Months passed. The mother apparently accepted what Melvin told her — the boy was with his grandparents — and apparently didn’t delve too deeply into the situation..

“We can’t get over that fact either,” Maj. Thomas Honan said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/10/3176643/hallandale-beach-police-seek-father.html#storylink=cpy

Also from the above link:

<Snip> child protection administrators, who received a call to their abuse hotline last fall relaying concerns about Dontrell’s welfare. The call was “screened out,” sources told The Miami Herald, meaning it was deemed unworthy of investigation.

The call regarding Dontrell's disappearance was - deemed unworthy of investigation. :thud: :furious:

Unworthy of investigation, huh. Well, at least LE took it seriously enough to investigate it.

Oh man. :(

This one won't end well.

This is MOO, but what kind of mother just accepts that her child has been given to the grandparents and doesn't try to see the child for 18 months?

Even that..... if there was some distance between the parents and grandparents residence who doesn't talk to the person caring for your child for 18 months? If it was difficult to visit due to distance there is really no excuse for the lack of phone contact.

Why no calls her 'mil' asking how Dontrell was doing? Dontrell's 1st Christmas came and went and no family members thought it was odd that no one saw Dontrell?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back