CA CA - Patricia Tolhurst, 46, Tuolumne City, 18 April 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Patricia Sue Tolhurst
attachment.php

Missing Woman In Tuolumne County -

Sonora, CA —
The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a missing woman. Patricia Sue Tolhurst, 46, was last seen about a week ago, and her vehicle was found on Tuesday, unoccupied, near the Donnell Vista Point.

“Patricia was last seen in Tuolumne City on April 18th visiting a friend,” says Sgt. Scott Johnson, Sheriff’s Office spokesperson. “The friend had not heard from her, and on April 22nd contacted the Sheriff’s Office. Tollhurst had indicated that she was going to Kennedy Meadows.”

The Sheriff’s Office notes that on April 20th, Tollhurst sent a letter to some friends, via US Mail, stating that she was going to be doing some hiking up in that area.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/204710/missing-woman-tuolumne-county.html

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 813
Patty is much loved member of our community! Just came here to post this and saw that it's already posted. It's driving us crazy that LE won't let civilians search for her. I'm camping just down the road. Wish they'd let us help but know that for safety reasons it's better to have professionals focusing on searching for her. Scary that this is the same place Nita's car was found :(

I wonder if her past record is related to why she's missing...

Woman missing east of Sonora -

TUOLUMNE CITY —
Authorities are searching for a 46-year-old Tuolumne County woman whose SUV was found earlier this week at the Donnell Vista Point 42 miles east of Sonora on Highway 108.

Interesting...
It is the same location where 64-year-old Nita Mayo of Hawthorne, Nev., disappeared in August 2005. Mayo’s vehicle was found at the vista point, with her cellphone, keys other items locked inside the car. Despite exhaustive searches by Tuolumne County sheriff's deputies and Mayo family members and friends, she has not been found.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2014/04/24/3308514/woman-missing-east-of-sonora.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting about Nita Mary Mayo who disappeared from Donnell's Vista Lookout on Aug. 8, 2005. I remembered reading about her in a book entitled "Missing 411 - Western United States and Canada" written by David Paulides. While I am not a believer in supernatural disappearances, Nita's case piqued my interest because whatever happened to her occurred in broad daylight in a short timeframe. Despite a massive search, no trace of Nita was ever found.

It's my belief that Nita was taken out by a mountain lion or Bobcat. I am hoping and praying that is not what happened to Patty.
I'm not sure what is meant by her 'past record' and how that could possibly be related to her disappearing while on a hike in the wilderness?! So I'll leave that alone.
Patty is a personal friend of mine, a business owner and a MUCH lives member of our community. She is also an avid outdoors woman. So I'm sure if she fell and is injured she will take whatever precautions are needed to stay warm and alive. She went out of her way to make sure everyone knew where she wAs going just in case something like this happened. It's snowing pretty hard here right now. Sheriff is not allowing amateurs to search because conditions are pretty awful, poor visibility.
I just pray that it wasn't a mountain lion. There are many in our area right now due to the rim fire last fall and they are desperate for food :(

AnjL, I am so sorry about your friend. It sounds like she has great survivor skills, which I pray will keep her safe.

Interesting about mountain lions and humans. I had no idea. That is truly frightening.

We had a 200lb cat caught in Tuolumne a few weeks ago. It had just taken out a 120lb boar goat. Carried it off,,,didn't drag it. They put the cat down. It's den was 100 yards from a residential home with small kids. Cats are a plenty and hungry. They followed the deer after the fire.

With several friends on TC SAR including family, I am just so sad they have not found her yet. I hope she is found. The bad weather last night and today is really not good. I wish I had something good to post.

Gosh I hope she's found soon.

I have a dumb question... why is her name listed as Patricia Sue Tolhurst in the missing report, MSM, etc. but Patricia Kelly Tolhurst on her FB? I don't know if it matters but it might, if she uses them for two different things... i.e. if they're looking for bank records or anything like that.

I also found this article about her: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014...ears-without-a-trace-abandoned-vehicle-found/

There's quite a bit more info there, and also a video that includes interviews with her boyfriend and her dad. Apparently she owns a popular cafe (Patty's Shack) in Sonora and had been under a lot of stress there lately. This part of the video and article made me nervous: "In a chilling revelation, Carter tells us that Patty sent two rambling audiotapes to friends. He says he didn’t talk about hurting herself, but told her life story."

Wishing safety and luck to the searchers today in those nasty conditions! I'm glad to hear she has good outdoor survival skills.

Gosh I hope she's found soon.

I have a dumb question... why is her name listed as Patricia Sue Tolhurst in the missing report, MSM, etc. but Patricia Kelly Tolhurst on her FB? I don't know if it matters but it might, if she uses them for two different things... i.e. if they're looking for bank records or anything like that.

I also found this article about her: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014...ears-without-a-trace-abandoned-vehicle-found/

There's quite a bit more info there, and also a video that includes interviews with her boyfriend and her dad. Apparently she owns a popular cafe (Patty's Shack) in Sonora and had been under a lot of stress there lately. This part of the video and article made me nervous: "In a chilling revelation, Carter tells us that Patty sent two rambling audiotapes to friends. He says he didn’t talk about hurting herself, but told her life story."

Wishing safety and luck to the searchers today in those nasty conditions! I'm glad to hear she has good outdoor survival skills.

Her legal name is Patricia Sue Tolhurst. Her Maiden name is Patricia Kelly hence Patricia Kelly Tolhurst on Facebook. I am hoping and praying that she just hiked into back country and is staying at one of the many cabins out there, especially in this storm! We were camping about 15 miles down 108 from where her car was found. Last night we had pouring rain, sleet, hail and then snow. So miserably cold and wet that we packed up the trailer and came back down the mountain. They suspended searches for her for today because of the weather. I hope they resume as soon as the weather clears. If they allow volunteers, I will head back up the mountain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Thanks AnjL! I thought of that a little bit ago... don't know why it took me so long since I have a friend whose last name is Kelly. That makes sense. Thanks for confirming.

Man that sounds miserable, and so disappointed they had to cancel searches today. I hope she's found somewhere to stay. From watching that news story earlier it sounds like she really has been under a tremendous amount of stress. From the way the story was worded it sounded like the restaurant ran out of food that Friday, she went out to get groceries after they had to close early... I can see that being a breaking point for someone who takes so much pride in her restaurant. I hope you're right that maybe she found a cabin to stay at, or maybe she's even camping out somewhere if she found somewhere warm enough. Sounds like miserable conditions though. :(

Ugh! Couldn't sleep so I've been up doing internet searches. Found this report of the initial call to LE. This doesn't look good, but it's better than mountain lion attack. I really do hope she just needed to get away for a while and will turn up soon. I don't think many of us knew just how much pressure she was under :( see report # 140422038 website is http://tcsd.crimegraphics.com/2013/default.aspx?InitialTab=2 bulletin for 4/23/14
derage5a.jpg

Everything above is JMO!

For anyone local who is willing to help search there is a group meeting at Donnell Vista Point at 1pm today. Volunteers needed and wanted!

Everything above is JMO!

6evahyny.jpg

Photo loaded blurry so trying it again

Everything above is JMO!

Ugh! Couldn't sleep so I've been up doing internet searches. Found this report of the initial call to LE. This doesn't look good, but it's better than mountain lion attack. I really do hope she just needed to get away for a while and will turn up soon. I don't think many of us knew just how much pressure she was under :( see report # 140422038 website is http://tcsd.crimegraphics.com/2013/default.aspx?InitialTab=2 bulletin for 4/23/14

Sorry you couldn't sleep. :(

[editing to remove request for clearer picture - thanks AnjL!]

I do get the feeling she was super stressed and maybe just finally cracked under the pressure and had to go somewhere for awhile. Surprised she wouldn't tell her boyfriend, at least, where she was going and for how long but maybe it wasn't totally planned. I hope that's the case because it's the 'best' scenario I can think of right now.

Mnt lions leave leftovers. Dogs would have found them. Bob cats are to small. Local LE is tight lipped, making me crazy.....

Thanks AnjL for posting the clearer version. Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if there are printable flyers for her somewhere? I have been looking but haven't been able to find one so far.

I'm surprised to read that her business was failing, but man, I can see where that would cause massive pressure. I checked it out on Yelp out of curiosity and the reviews are mostly pretty good. It looks like they moved last July to their new location which would probably be stressful alone, but then it also looks like they lost customers that were pilots who used to walk there from the little airport in Columbia. I don't know how many customers fell into that category but several reviews talked about not being able to do that anymore.

My husband's cousin/family has a couple of businesses in Sonora. I'm sure they already know about Patty being missing but I'm getting in touch with them just in case. If there are flyers I'll ask them to put some up too, if they haven't already. If there are flyers, it'd be good to put some up at that airport too. I bet the pilots would remember her and maybe they can help look while they're out flying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back