NC - Cornelius Police Officer Shot by Teenager

Melly

Reaction score
This didn't make national news somehow, but a teenager wearing a bulletproof vest shot a police officer yesterday when the officer responded to a call regarding a domestic disturbance.

A 16-year-old boy faces charges after police said he shot a Cornelius police lieutenant in the stomach while the officer was responding to a domestic call on Saturday.
Police said Grayson Ferrell is in custody and charges are pending.
Shortly after police arrived, the officers came under fire from a suspect and Lt. James Quattlebaum was struck in the abdomen area, police said.
Another officer returned fire, and police said they believe the suspect was hit at least once. The suspect was wearing a bulletproof vest and was not seriously injured, police said.
The shooting happened about 11:40 a.m. at a home in the 19400 block of Coachman’s Trace, off Washam Potts Road.
The officer was taken to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. Police said late Saturday that Quattlebaum was doing well and expected to recover fully.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article20085120.html#storylink=cpy

Link to the teenager's Facebook page that reflects his disdain for police officers...

https://www.facebook.com/grey.ferrell.3?fref=ts

Did you look at his facebook that Melly linked. :( Why on earth didn't some alert the authorities sooner!? :(

Oh no. I just read that FB. YIKES. Sad thing is that there are probably thousands of misguided souls who post the same things about LE these days. It seems to be fashionable to say FTP and all that rot. :sigh:

Oh no. I just read that FB. YIKES. Sad thing is that there are probably thousands of misguided souls who post the same things about LE these days. It seems to be fashionable to say FTP and all that rot. :sigh:

But that one person knew him, commented on his page and didn't alert anyone? I would have. :( He ambushed that officer wearing a bullet proof vest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back