Two firefighters have died today, at a building hit on 9-11

"I'd like to remind everyone, these are the men and women who rush into danger when we run away," Bloomberg said. "They make the ultimate sacrifice."
R.I.P.

Just heard this on the news.
May God bless their souls and help their families during this tragic time.

Just heard this on the news.
May God bless their souls and help their families during this tragic time.

Amen. So sad. I haven't really read all the details of how it happened and why it happened. :(

With all the earthquakes, storms, road collapse, mining accidents, how much more can we take? And that doesn't even touch the guys/gals in Iraq.

This is a bad joke, but I'm beginning to think they're safer over THERE! :eek:

R.I.P.
I pray for comfort and peace for their families

My thoughts and prayers go out to their families, fellow firefighters, and friends. I feel they should be put on the list of 9-11 victims myself. If the damage to that building had not occurred then...the men wouldn't have been subjected to the conditions they found themselves in while fighting this blaze.

Altho, why wasn't that building razed? It should have been torn down long ago if it was that much beyond repair and no one was going to refurbish it. Does the owner bear responsibility in this?

On the national newscast someone spoke (making excuses?) about delays in demolition due to asbestos, contractor delays, etc. etc. This is just wrong. May those men rest in peace. And they were from a firehouse that lost a lot of firefighters on 9/11.

On the national newscast someone spoke (making excuses?) about delays in demolition due to asbestos, contractor delays, etc. etc. This is just wrong. May those men rest in peace. And they were from a firehouse that lost a lot of firefighters on 9/11.
This should be addressed. Something is wrong this building was still standing and two fireman should die because they failed to take it down after all the years. Makes me angry!

This should be addressed. Something is wrong this building was still standing and two fireman should die because they failed to take it down after all the years. Makes me angry!
Buildings that were dangerous after 9/11 should either have been made safe if possible or torndown..so sad for their loved ones. Thoughts also to the firehouse that these guys worked for..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back