OH OH - John Koziatek, 21, Cincinnati, 8 Aug 1979

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1066DMOH

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1066dmoh.html

John Koziatek
Missing since August 8, 1979 from Cincinnati, Ohio.
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: February 23, 1958
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Koziatek was reported missing on August 8, 1979 from 444 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati, OH.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cincinnati Police Department
513-352-3536

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/koziatek_john.html

No record for John found in the NamUs database at this time.

John has been missing for 31 years today. Come home soon.

Attachments

• JKoziatek.jpg
    JKoziatek.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 37
FWIW, I do find from a search on Veromi, a John P. K. aged 52 listed as living in Hinckley, OH.

I do not see any other agency looking for John other than the Cincinnati LE. FYI.

Looking at Google maps, the address John disappeared from appears to be a hospital complex.

There is a John Koziatek of similar age who marries in New Haven Connecticut in 1973. Probably not the right one, but...you never know. Koziatek is not a particularly common name.

I wonder if it was a hospital complex in 1979?

In 1979 opposite the hospital complex, there were numerous residences on Dixmyth. John was boarding with a number of other U. of Cincinnati students who claim John went missing on or about July 29, 1979. The date
of August 8, 2010 was when he was listed by the Cincinnati Police as being
missing. I do not know the date when the residences opposite the hospital
complex were demolished. Nothing has been heard of John by his family
since.

Welcome to websleuths Kozy. :)

I wonder who filed the missing persons report. The students or his family?

Prayers for his family. They deserve to know what happened to him.

It was John's family. Since John was 21 at the time of his disappearance,
the police, as is so often in a case where an individual has reached that
age, did not consider the incident very seriously at the time. It is doubt-
ful they questioned his roommates to any extent.

I am an old friend, just found out that the Koz has been missing after well over 30 years. I have done some homework, made a few calls, dug back into the memory bank. What did the police do, who did they talk to, who did they listen to, why did it take over 9 days for his housemates to report him missing?

John was a brilliant person, his IQ was very high, his ability to think abstract was beyond most people. He was a very good chemist and biochemist. Read between the lines folks, this is not a movie or tv show, this is real.

The search for the truth must start with the owners and residents of 444 Dixmyth on July 29, 1979.....who owned the house, which relative lived there, what UC students or others lived there, confirm their interests, lifestyles, etc.

These are not accusations but search for the truth.

John loved life, he had no beef with his family, he would not have disappeared on his own unless his life or his family's life was threatened.

The Koz as we called him did not fall off some cliff as housemates would let the police and others believe. What was going on in that house? Who out there can tell us? These were very smart UC students not the average guys on the street looking for a good time and drinking swill.

Dig into property records, sales transactions, find out who lived with him and what did they know, when did they leave the house, the city, the state. Find the people who were with him in 1978 and 1979 and we will find the truth. Find the people who took advantage of his good nature.

His family deserves closure, and The Koz had a kind heart, a brilliant mind, but may have been naive into trusting others for his exploratory mind in reaction chemistry. If John was broken bad, he deserves to be found and put to rest, and all who care can heal....

Look at the unidentified male found in October 1979 in a cornfield in WI, near Alpine Valley concert venue. Blue Oyster Cult played there in July 29th the last day anyone reports to have seen John. The reconstruction looks like the Koz.

Are there any UC students who knew John out there who knew his music taste at the time or that of housemates. Was a housemate a cult fan.

Was John in Cleveland area July 28th, 1979, for the world series of rock and can relatives comment when they saw him last. That was reported to be a wild concert, a type the Koz would have go to. He grew up in Cleve.

Is it possible John was hitting the concert circuit for a few days in late July 1979.

What is up with the shoes of the UID in WI.

Are those John's or a housemate's?

I am an old friend, just found out that the Koz has been missing after well over 30 years. I have done some homework, made a few calls, dug back into the memory bank. What did the police do, who did they talk to, who did they listen to, why did it take over 9 days for his housemates to report him missing?

John was a brilliant person, his IQ was very high, his ability to think abstract was beyond most people. He was a very good chemist and biochemist. Read between the lines folks, this is not a movie or tv show, this is real.

The search for the truth must start with the owners and residents of 444 Dixmyth on July 29, 1979.....who owned the house, which relative lived there, what UC students or others lived there, confirm their interests, lifestyles, etc.

These are not accusations but search for the truth.

John loved life, he had no beef with his family, he would not have disappeared on his own unless his life or his family's life was threatened.

The Koz as we called him did not fall off some cliff as housemates would let the police and others believe. What was going on in that house? Who out there can tell us? These were very smart UC students not the average guys on the street looking for a good time and drinking swill.

Dig into property records, sales transactions, find out who lived with him and what did they know, when did they leave the house, the city, the state. Find the people who were with him in 1978 and 1979 and we will find the truth. Find the people who took advantage of his good nature.

His family deserves closure, and The Koz had a kind heart, a brilliant mind, but may have been naive into trusting others for his exploratory mind in reaction chemistry. If John was broken bad, he deserves to be found and put to rest, and all who care can heal....

Hello Roman,

I was wondering if you could remember how tall your friend was and if, prior to his disappearance, did he make any mention of leaving town? Did he have a car at the time? If so, was it ever found after his disappearance? If not, how did he get around?

Housemates at 444 Dixmyth may have been his wheels. They had a an IH Travelall when he showed up at my college in spring 78. Oddball housemates from I saw of them when they visited me.

John was 5' 8", 145 max

I wrote a detailed post earlier, waiting for it to show up. If it doesn't I will rewrite.

Bottom line, I am making lots of calls to old friends, connecting dots, circling on housemates at 444 Dixmyth, house owned by parents of one of them...

Here is what really stands out so far in my search for John

Housemate, may be the one whose parents owned house, was civil and environmental engineering student, has specialzed in landfills in his career

Based on my review of WI unidentified mentioned, it does not appear to be John.
I believe a KY unidentified on the doenetwork.org (1372UMKY) may more closely resemble John. John's room mates at the time of his disappearance were of no help and were in fact most reluctant to assist family's inquiries.
Most recently, FBI have shown more interest and had willingly taken blood samples from family members for inclusion in their DNA Data Base. Since KY unidentified's DNA is available, this may result in a yea or nay with respect to (1372UMKY).

Based on my review of WI unidentified mentioned, it does not appear to be John.
I believe a KY unidentified on the doenetwork.org (1372UMKY) may more closely resemble John. John's room mates at the time of his disappearance were of no help and were in fact most reluctant to assist family's inquiries.
Most recently, FBI have shown more interest and had willingly taken blood samples from family members for inclusion in their DNA Data Base. Since KY unidentified's DNA is available, this may result in a yea or nay with respect to (1372UMKY).

The unidentified man from Wisconsin looks SE Asian to me -- something about the shape of his face combined with his coloring. I thought that an unidentified man found in Florida might be John.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1537umfl.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/7904

Roman welcome to websleuths and I look forward to reading your posts on John.

This case needs to be entered on MP database at Namus.

Case has been entered into Namus. Basically as a result of FBI's interest and their
questioning as to why his case was never entered as a Missing Person? Pls see previous
comments from kozy as to failure of local authorities to take John's disappearance
seriously in August of 1979. It is expected that family's DNA will be entered into FBI's
database within the next 4 to 6 weeks once it clears their lab.

Looking at Google maps, the address John disappeared from appears to be a hospital complex.

There is a John Koziatek of similar age who marries in New Haven Connecticut in 1973. Probably not the right one, but...you never know. Koziatek is not a particularly common name.

This John has a FB page under Jack Koziatek. His page is pretty open, and there's a good picture. I suck at being able to tell if they match, the nose looks kind of the same. Someone else might want to have a look. A lot of his friends have the surname Koziatek, which would lead me to believe it's NOT John, since obviously they're his family, and if he left voluntarily he didn't tell his family where he was going.

https://www.facebook.com/jack.koziatek.7

I don't see any information on where John's family is from; is he actually from Cincinnati, or was he just there for school?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back