Demi & Ashton: It's over!

Awe thats sad. I really like both of them.

Shocker! I'm not much of an Ashton fan (specially in 2 1.2 men), but it appears that he did have an affair. No matter who's at fault, there's no room for 3 in a marriage, IMHO.

MOO

Mel

SBM

I imagine you saying this like Daniele from Big Brother....haha. :)

Yeah, definitely not a shocker. If I had been married to him, I would have divorced him too....simply because he absolutely sucks in Two and a Half Men.

SBM

I imagine you saying this like Daniele from Big Brother....haha. :)

Yeah, definitely not a shocker. If I had been married to him, I would have divorced him too....simply because he absolutely sucks in Two and a Half Men.

:floorlaugh:

You have a good memory, Dave!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't tolerate his charachter in 2.5 men. He's horrid.

I tried to watch Two and a Half Men only once, when Charlie Sheen was still in it. That was one time too many for me, so I have no opinion on AK's character there. But I have always thought he was playing himself as Mike Kelso on That 70s Show. Why would ANYONE in their right mind marry Kelso?? :dunno:

I tried to watch Two and a Half Men only once, when Charlie Sheen was still in it. That was one time too many for me, so I have no opinion on AK's character there. But I have always thought he was playing himself as Mike Kelso on That 70s Show. Why would ANYONE in their right mind marry Kelso?? :dunno:

:floorlaugh:

Or the character he played in Dude Where's My Car?

Demi was way too mature for him. Maybe he was good with her kids. They probably had a lot in common.

Im surprised they made it this long these days. Im sad for both.

Women who marry men who are that much younger are just setting themselves up for heartache.
It's so rare that it lasts, and is mutually satisfying to both parties for very long, that it's really almost non-existent...especially in our culture.

I have 2 friends who married much younger men, and it was disturbing to watch these marriages unfold through the few brief years they were together. My friends were always in a desperate attempt to keep Mother Nature at bay by having cosmetic surgeries and starving themselves, and doing things to try and seem younger. They were jealous of the younger women their husbands came in contact with because they were so insecure about the obvious age difference. Immaturity played a role also, because men mature at a slower rate than women anyway. My one friend got pregnant by a college kid 14 years younger than she was....she was 35 at the time, and they married shortly before their daughter was born. She actually thought they had a chance of being a permanent couple...but it was a disaster almost from the start. The age difference was just too much to overcome. A 35 year old woman with children is simply in a different place mentally and physically, than a 21 year old young man who just finished school. There's no way for one to stand still while the other lives his life and catches up. His family never accepted her, and they were mad at her for "trapping" their son and derailing his life. They thought she was older,more experienced and should have been smarter....and she was technically old enough to be his mother. Not a good situation.

I'm kinda glad Demi dumping the "dude". She could use someone who's more mature and not out partying with 20 year olds. I'm Demi's age and the LAST thing I want to do is go bar hopping (or whatever Ashton is duing these days). Nope - this girl doesn't need nor want someone 15 years her junior! EGADS!

he's actually really smart & seems mature in the few interviews I've seen him give on serious topics ... like child trafficking

I have a lot of respect for both him & Demi for the work they do for trafficking victims

I hope they both continue to work together for the cause that's close to their hearts

here's their website for anyone interested in learning more:

http://demiandashton.org/

on another note, I don't know why celebrities feel the need to blow smoke up everybody's azz when the truth was being reported

why all the denials? everything's fine ... blah blah blah

I can understand saying nothing & ignoring the gossip while going through a difficult time but why have a publicist release a bunch of bs only to admit the truth a short time later?

Not going to lie, I've had a crush on Aston for years. My dh looked like Aston when hubs was in his early 20's. I'm a romantic and dearly loved the cougar Demi and Aston together. I read with much sadness that Aston was messing around with the partygirls of Vegas. My heart goes out to Demi. I'm sure this is devastating to her, seeing the pics in the tabloids and reading the text interchanged between Ashton and his one night stand.
A chic who immediately tweets- (according to Enquirer)"I ______ Ashton K." can't be too much of a lady. Not worth him breaking his marriage up. moo

Since I don't know either one of them, I can say I am not surprised. I agree with those talking about age difference. Good grief, men my own age have nothing in common with me. It is difficult once you get past say 35 to meet anyone you can truly get along with. It seems men today don't want to be men, and they want mommas. Drives me up a wall! I have a child, grown, but still, I already raised someone. What happened to men being men. No woman wants a man that thinks life is all about partying, lazing about, hanging with the dudes.

I don't know if this is what Kutcher does. I do wonder what conversations are about. How well rounded are they? If you can't be best friends, you can't stay married for long. All jmo.

Also have a few male friends, in their 50's, still single. They still complain about women. The last comment was, "the only women I can find have 2 children and 3 dogs." Well, that is because you are in your 50's! Why complain like a college student? Why think 20 somethings are going to want you? (Especially if you can't be a sugar daddy.) I dunno'. I just can't take the men in my own age group, much less their younger friends. Guess I'm a grouchy middle aged old lady, lol!

Demi bugs me. I feel she has been a terrible role model for her own daughters. To me, she sends a message that it is OK to be obsessed with looks, and to do (and spend) any and everything possible to look younger. I am a couple of years younger than her, and I am really trying hard to grow older gracefully and accept the physical changes while staying young at heart. It's tough to do, when you see people like Demi looking freakishly young for their age, it's easy to start down the road of believing I should also be botoxing, juviderming and anything else I can afford or get my hands on.

Anyway, I guess this is off-topic, so I apologize, but I do hope, now that she is divorcing this much younger man, that she stops trying so hard to look younger. She is a beautiful woman and I think she would be even if she allowed herself to grow older naturally. I really wish more women in Hollywood would be champions of aging gracefully and naturally.

I couldn't ever watch the show either...my sister thinks it's great, though. To each his own, I guess....

As to why would anyone marry a Kelso...you know what they say...every pot has a lid. :D

Demi bugs me. I feel she has been a terrible role model for her own daughters. To me, she sends a message that it is OK to be obsessed with looks, and to do (and spend) any and everything possible to look younger. I am a couple of years younger than her, and I am really trying hard to grow older gracefully and accept the physical changes while staying young at heart. It's tough to do, when you see people like Demi looking freakishly young for their age, it's easy to start down the road of believing I should also be botoxing, juviderming and anything else I can afford or get my hands on.

Anyway, I guess this is off-topic, so I apologize, but I do hope, now that she is divorcing this much younger man, that she stops trying so hard to look younger. She is a beautiful woman and I think she would be even if she allowed herself to grow older naturally. I really wish more women in Hollywood would be champions of aging gracefully and naturally.

I don't like the whole shallow thing, either, but let's face it...in her business, her looks, her body, are what get her the big-bucks work. Kind of like pro athletes. Their bodies, or, their ability to perform, are what gets them paid. Don't like it, but it is what it is. I'm with you...age gracefully! Some of these people are like walking, talking Twinkies (you know...with a shelf-life of like....500 years?).

above BBM

I just had to comment on the bolded part, robin. LOL!

Mr wm works in the film industry (art dept.) and worked on Mr. Brooks in which Demi starred with Kevin Costner. When I asked him if she was as pretty in person as on screen this was his response......and his OPINION from his interactions on set.

"She looks freakish in person. Her skin is so drawn and taunt that it looks unnatural."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/fullcredits#cast

He also worked on The Guardian with AK. His opinion on him was....

"AK looks and acts like a kid. He seems a bit full of himself."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406816/

I don't blame DM for filing for a divorce. Heck, her oldest daughter is probably around the same age (perhaps older) as the woman Ashton bedded on the eve of his and DM's anniversary. That's definately a dealbreaker, IMO.

Anyway. Here's a link from TODAY.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45345049/ns/today-entertainment/

MOO

wm

Hey Waltzing, thanks for sharing! I have actually been wondering lately about all these Hollywood women in their 40s who have gone to extremes for their appearances, and they have not even hit the really challenging years yet! It is so easy to cross the line into looking like a mask or a freak, it seems to me that almost everyone who has a lot of work done crosses over at some point. I think what annoys me about Demi (and others) is that they pretty much deny having work done. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they said, "I am having work done as I get older to fight the aging process." What's so wrong with admitting it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back