17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see GZs side as racism, I can see maybe he was overzealous, irate, angry, but not racist. GZ is a mixed race himself.

I don't think George Zimmerman was racist.

Interesting that this particular version with its details comes out now. How long has GZ's dad been talking to the press now? Couple of weeks? and yet this story, which miraculously answers all our questions (NOT) comes out now, not then.

Almost like someone is monitoring the internet and the sticking points for many of us in this case.

Tray could have had his hands in front and on the gun trying to push it away. I do think there was struggle for the gun and Tray stopped the slide from loading the next bullet in the chamber. GZ crawled away from him by pushing him up slightly and Tray's arms did not move. JMO

That would put Zimmerman's head on the grass since Trayvon was found with his face in the grass and his feet on the sidewalk.

Did Trayvon know GZ was carrying a gun?

Not initially IMO. But definitely later on when it was too late.
I assume he have told his GF, "the crazy dude has a gun".
GZ's dad said that GZ reached for his cell and that is when Tray attacked him. Implying IMO that Tray thought GZ was reaching for a gun. A slight variation from the earlier Tray attacked me from the back Oh, the web of lies we weave.

Don't mean to be OT, but it really says that? Is that only for inside the school or are they allowed to wear hoods outside in cold weather for recess, gym, etc.?

I live in FL (in Northern FL) and it DOES get cold here. At least, cold to us, but I will admit that we are cold-weather wimps! :) My oldest DS wears a hooded sweat jacket to school on cold days and wears it all day with the hood up and it's never been a problem.

Again, don't mean to be OT.

My son goes to middle school. They are allowed to wear hats/hoods outside but not in the building (this includes recess, etc).. They are also allowed to wear hats and hoods on the bus.

IIRC, Gz's father said that GZ was reaching for his cell phone and Trayvon saw the gun, and that's when Trayvon supposedly said, "you're going to die now or you're going to die tonight. Not 100% sure though.

Makes no sense, in my opinion

JMHO

Yeah that comment sounds like what someone with a gun would say. I also have my suspicions that GZ was reaching for a gun and not his cell phone.

Hoods are actually banned in a number of places.

One of our local banks has a sign on their door that says "no hoodies".

That sign has been there for years. IMO it is not racial. It's so if something does go down, the security camera can capture faces. Not possible with a big hood.

Our school handbook has always said no hoods up. Ever.

Our banks say no hats or sunglasses. I'm really surprised your bank says "no hoodies" instead of saying "no hoods up" I wonder what would happen if someone went into the bank wearing a hoodie with the hood down?

Don't mean to be OT, but it really says that? Is that only for inside the school or are they allowed to wear hoods outside in cold weather for recess, gym, etc.?

I live in FL (in Northern FL) and it DOES get cold here. At least, cold to us, but I will admit that we are cold-weather wimps! :) My oldest DS wears a hooded sweat jacket to school on cold days and wears it all day with the hood up and it's never been a problem.

Again, don't mean to be OT.

Yes. No hoods up.
Hides the face.

If there is GSR on one of his hands, IMO it shows that Zimmerman had the gun out at some point when he was not being beaten by TM, since it is not likely that TM would be beating his head against the ground and still be able to see GZ pull a gun and point it at his chest in time to grab for the gun if TM is on top of GZ....I find it hard to picture that IMO JMHO and stuff

How bout if the boy never was on top of Mr. Zimmerman? How bout if he was simply walking or running down a sidewalk going home and was accosted by a wannabe cop with a drawn, loaded, and COCKED cheap little gun pointed directly at his chest?

Think it might be human nature for a 6' tall kid to make a grab for a little man's little gun in an effort to save his own life?

Which makes the most sense, considering the location and position the body was found in, this possible scenario or Zimmerman's lame stories?

Yeah that comment sounds like what someone with a gun would say. I also have my suspicions that GZ was reaching for a gun and not his cell phone.

You have to admit GZ does have a history of reaching for a phone...

The decision was made not to arrest Zimmerman before anyone talked to the 2 patrol cops who were the first on scene.

I have a 9mm semi-auto pistol and I suppose it is possible but I'd find it highly unlikely. The slide is going to go back when the gun is fired - there is a lot of force involved. You would have to prevent the slide from coming forward to prevent another round being chambered. However, once you released your grip I suspect the round would then be chambered. Just my opinion, I've never tried this and could be off base and I'm not a gunsmith or anything of that sort.

Thank you, I was just wondering since there was a discussion in one of the threads about how the gun was found, in that there was a full clip but there was not a bullet in the chamber, which should automatically happen when the gun is fired (If I am getting this wrong please excuse, I know very little about guns) So, either the gun misfired somehow and no bullet got chambered or GZ was cool enough to secure his gun by taking a bullet out of the chamber and reloading it into his clip?

That all just sounds bizarre to me, IMO JMHO and stuff

It just really sunk in that the police reports that the City released that were supposed to quiet everyone down about no arrest were written at 2:30 and 3:30 Am that night.

Those police reports were written after the decision was made to release George Zimmerman.

BBM

My father is LE and from IME the reports are always done last, meaning after the suspect is released/locked up. At least here anyway, so I'm not sure why that matters.

RE: Schools and hoodies - Hoodies & Hats are not allowed in my 12yo's school. They can wear them into school but they must be taken off put up before proceeding to class.

GZ's father was a magistrate, not a judge.....big difference in Virginia.

“Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website

From the above attachment. This is interesting since reports say his wife was a court clerk:

"Furthermore, a person seeking appointment as a magistrate will not be eligible for appointment if such person or his spouse is a clerk, deputy or assistant clerk, or employee of any such clerk of a district court or circuit court. However, the Committee on District Courts may authorize a magistrate to assist in the district court clerk’s office on a part-time basis."

Magistrate judges issue subpoenas, civil warrants, search warrants, probable cause hearings, protective orders, bail issues, etc. They are not trial judges. It appears they're function is administrative only. Still a judge, still considered a judge by those in authority. Appears to work closer with LE and SA and would be in a position to have a greater influence on them than a regular trial judge would. JMO

Our banks say no hats or sunglasses. I'm really surprised your bank says "no hoodies" instead of saying "no hoods up" I wonder what would happen if someone went into the bank wearing a hoodie with the hood down?

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to make a quick trip to the bank at lunch. LOL

Maybe it says no hoods up. Maybe it says no hooded sweatshirts. Maybe it says no hoodies.

Wish I had a photographic memory.

All I can seem to get hold of outside the blogosphere is that ABC bit that discussed GZ listing his father as a Magistrate Judge, and the state of VA coming back saying he was simply a magistrate.

Bloggers have latched onto the phrase "former Orange County magistrate judge", but there's an Orange Co in both VA and FL. It seems to be very difficult to work out just where the father worked, and in what capacity.

There are rumblings not just about Dad hamstringing the arrest, but also the thing that made GZ's three previous arrests go away and by extension, the thing that allowed him to legally posess a handgun.

How bout if the boy never was on top of Mr. Zimmerman? How bout if he was simply walking or running down a sidewalk going home and was accosted by a wannabe cop with a drawn, loaded, and COCKED cheap little gun pointed directly at his chest?

Think it might be human nature for a 6' tall kid to make a grab for a little man's little gun in an effort to save his own life?

Which makes the most sense, considering the location and position the body was found in, this possible scenario or Zimmerman's lame stories?

I personally think that GZ had the gun out and I am not convinced that there was any scuffle until TM saw the gun, but I did want to attempt to logic through how it could have happened with TM on top of GZ beating him, and I drew a blank....My personal opinion is that GZ's story makes NO sense at all

I thought of this last night. If GZ's head had really been slammed on the concrete like he claims
#1 it would take more than a band aid to heal it
#2 he would definitely have some kind of concussion. He would have definitely been hospitalized. Head injuries are very serious you never know what can happen. If LE was so concerned about him I'm sure they would have hospitalized him if he had needed it for at least 24 hours. I think he story is greatly exagerated

I think GZ was the aggressor and he snapped like he did years ago with the cop, lost it and just shot TM unecessarily. He wanted to be the hero again like his good old neighbor claims he is. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck