GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

Yes, it seems Mary is seeking the media now. From the articles I have read today about this it seems that Mary was to have gone to Chicago for a live interview with Oprah. I am not sure that is going to happen and only the initial taped interview will be shown. We will see.

The Winkler family attorney has filed a RO on Mary Winkler. This may only cover preventing her from discussing the children or the custody issues in any form when she is interviewed.

Also there is a mention about the Probation Office in charge of Mary and if the PO will approve of her leaving the state to be interviewed on a television show.

Why wouldn't Oprah just fly into Memphis to Farese's office there.

Whatever we see my heart continues to break for these children. How Mary could further humiliate and shame them as she talks about killing their father I just cant fathom it as a mother myself.

Farese made it very cold. He said it wasn't about the children but yes, it really is about them Farese and they will be heckled that limelight mommy is on national TV talking about their dad they continue to love and feel the great loss.

I look at all of this photos of Mary and she emits no warmth. She seems stern, aloof and cold.

I do not think this will bode well for Mary with the custody Judge. It shows a high disregard for her children's traumatized lives. She adds even more pain and humiliation.

imoo
-----------
Hi Ocean, I think they would have to give her special permission or something for her to leave the State.No, she shows no regard for her children whose school friends may repeat remarks made by their parents who watch the program. This happens~I know I lived it.mary knows Oprah is generous~~maybe she's hoping to be given a home etc.. Take care.Nore

-----------
Hi Ocean, I think they would have to give her special permission or something for her to leave the State.No, she shows no regard for her children whose school friends may repeat remarks made by their parents who watch the program. This happens~I know I lived it.mary knows Oprah is generous~~maybe she's hoping to be given a home etc.. Take care.Nore

Hi Nore!

OMG I hadn't thought of that motive. Yes Oprah is very generous.........hmmm maybe this is why Farese hand picked Oprah.

Yes, unfortunately kids can be very mean sometimes. I believe Diane already mentioned that the school children already mention things to the children. How sad that is for them.

Now they will once again have it thrown up to them. What in the world is this woman thinking? She has to know her girls lives have been turned upside down and she just doesn't seem to even care that this will once again humiliate and shame them.

Right, I think the sentencing Judge instead of the PO is not wanting to give her permission to leave the state. It isn't an emergency like a death of a family member but Farese may get him to change his mind.

In McNairy county Judge Little had placed a gag order on all parties to the custody issue but I guess the Chancery Court Judge has not.

imoo

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296357,00.html
HUNTINGDON, Tenn. — Mary Winkler's former in-laws want to stop her from appearing on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
Winkler is scheduled to be on the show Wednesday to talk about fatally shooting her husband, Matthew Winkler, a Church of Christ preacher in the small town of Selmer.
She was convicted of voluntary manslaughter. But she served only five months in jail, followed by two months in a mental health treatment facility.
Dan and Diane Winkler filed a motion in Carroll County Circuit Court seeking to stop Mary Winkler from appearing on the show

It's on right now. I'm not gonna watch, though.
I don't like Oprah or Mary Winkler.

I am watching the program now and I don't believe a word she is saying but that's JMO

I just can't bear to watch it. It would make me too mad and I have enough stress going on!

She is NOT an honest person. She is full of lies, lies & more lies. Ummm's & ahhh's, little details. This is what a LIAR does, doesn't have the details, lots of pauses trying to come up with something but unsure about tripping herself up.

She, I suspect, was the one trying to put the "baby to sleep" by suffocation & was STOPPED by Mathew. Now I understand why she murdered him. Didn't want anybody to know that she had attempted to murder her youngest child.

JMHO

Please dear Lord, do not allow these children to be returned to this abomination of humanity.

Oprah has never been very high on my list... and this proves why. She has a habit of perpetrating peoples lies as truth. I hope the viewership laughs their *advertiser censored**es off at Mary and condemns her for the murderer she is.

She is NOT an honest person. She is full of lies, lies & more lies. Ummm's & ahhh's, little details. This is what a LIAR does, doesn't have the details, lots of pauses trying to come up with something but unsure about tripping herself up.

She, I suspect, was the one trying to put the "baby to sleep" by suffocation & was STOPPED by Mathew. Now I understand why she murdered him. Didn't want anybody to know that she had attempted to murder her youngest child.

JMHO

Please dear Lord, do not allow these children to be returned to this abomination of humanity.

I couldn't agree with you more! I watched the interview with Oprah and actually think Oprah was holding back some sneers and snickers as she was interviewing Mary..........am surprised Oprah didn't roll her eyes a time or two just listening to this pathetic woman try to make out that Matt was a kinky monster who would stoop to smothering a child! BS!

So Mary just wanted to talk, huh............yeah right!..She said she really didn't think the gun was loaded but why would a woman hold an empty gun on a man in his sleep to try and talk to him........oops!

The highlite of the interview for me was when Lisa Bloom spoke up and said that Mary should have supervised visitation with her children but NOT CUSTODY..................AMEN!

I don't know too much about this case, but saw her on Oprah today and it really hit home when Lisa Bloom said "This woman obviously has impulse issues" which is something to consider when trying to get her kids back. We all know how frustrating and stressful it is to take care of small children and with her now being a single mother, what happens if she "snaps" again? How do we know they are safe with a mother who can shoot a loaded gun at her sleeping husband? What if the kids get on her nerves and she loses control? How do we know this hasn't already happened?

Well I guess that I have to be the odd one here and say that I just dont know what to believe after watching her. :twocents:

A woman who is really scared of her husband would not hold what she thought to be an empty gun on him. She would know he would yank that gun from her and beat the snot out of her. Nope, women who are actually as scared as she claimed to be would never do that.

<<<A woman who is really scared of her husband would not hold what she thought to be an empty gun on him. She would know he would yank that gun from her and beat the snot out of her. Nope, women who are actually as scared as she claimed to be would never do that.>>

You're right, BeeBee......We both heard her say she was amazed at it being loaded......or words to that effect........BS! How that jury believed her is beyond me!:banghead:

there were financial irregularities with their bank account that were exposed the day before matt was killed. mary had been in charge of finances. matt died with a full bladder, so there is evidence that she shot him in the back after he had been asleep all night and had yet to urinate like he might do upon awakening. she fled with the girls to another state before she was apprehended by law enforcement. she made sure the phone was unplugged, never called for help and locked the door behind her.

whatever the circumstances, he was killed in cold blood. her walking free is a sad day for American Justice.

there were financial irregularities with their bank account that were exposed the day before matt was killed. mary had been in charge of finances. matt died with a full bladder, so there is evidence that she shot him in the back after he had been asleep all night and had yet to urinate like he might do upon awakening. she fled with the girls to another state before she was apprehended by law enforcement. she made sure the phone was unplugged, never called for help and locked the door behind her.

whatever the circumstances, he was killed in cold blood. her walking free is a sad day for American Justice.

Yes it sure is...........I forgot about his full bladder so maybe Mary didn't even get up at all (or wasn't kicked out of bed)to tend to the baby......I'd believe Mary got up to blow his brains out....
Wasn't it Lisa Bloom who said the motel in which Mary and the girls stayed also had the phone unplugged so the girls couldn't call their dad?

Sly like a fox isn't the witch Mary?

Yes it sure is...........I forgot about his full bladder so maybe Mary didn't even get up at all (or wasn't kicked out of bed)to tend to the baby......I'd believe Mary got up to blow his brains out....
Wasn't it Lisa Bloom who said the motel in which Mary and the girls stayed also had the phone unplugged so the girls couldn't call their dad?

Sly like a fox isn't the witch Mary?

So they couldn't dial 911, not call the dad.

I don't much like Oprah, but I've got to say I think she wanted to take a cattle prod to Mary. I also don't think she believed one word out of her mouth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back