TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenTrue, I'm having a little trouble understanding your post a couple up the line. But what I think I'm reading is that you know you would do whatever you had to do in order to take care of yourself and your child, whatever unexpected struggles might ever come your way. Makes perfect sense. I can say, though, for the people out there who wonder (and some who have posted the thought) why she wouldn't have just left... the angles that keep women from doing that are SOOO many, and they really do make logical sense. A BIG deal is that it takes an almost IMPOSSIBLE amount of evidence to prevent each parent from having unsupervised "residential time" (formerly called "visitation"), and for women who are dealing with abuse, that is a horrible thought to overcome. At least while they are present, they can be a buffer....

Every situation is different though, and I don't know what Gail was living with. I think all the indications we have, however, show Gail's motherly love and instincts to take care of her children. I personally think she was doing what she thought was in their best interests.

In order to believe Matt did not harm Gail, we must believe in extreme coincidence, and I have a lot of trouble with any of the alternate scenarios.

She either just by coincidence happened to have a terrible auto accident and nobody can find her vehicle, at the same time she was in the middle of a domestic crisis. Or...just by coincidence, she decided to run off and met up with foul play from some source unrelated to her domestic troubles. Or...just by coincidence, she decided to abandon her children for the first time ever at the very time she had gotten into a pattern of making 911 calls to help with domestic conflict. Or...just by coincidence, this very smart, "together" woman suddenly went into a mental health crisis so severe that she disappeared to "decompress," although no one who knows her (besides her husband) saw any evidence of mental instability....

And, most concerning...she expressed to others that she feared he would kill her. Then she disappeared. Yet we are to believe one of the other scenarios above (according to husband she feared would kill her)?

Oh, yes. And he didn't think her disappearance was significant enough to report for a couple of days.

Doesn't work for me. Hard as it is to do, I think it's time to throw aside some of the other theories at this point. I've been away from the board for a few days, partly because I didn't want to admit this is where I am in my thinking, but I can't make anything else make sense.

BBM..Did she tell friends or relatives she feared he would kill her? I certainly hope LE is well aware of this information...

Is it possible that Gail saw someone following her so she dropped the kids off and then went to investigate on her own thinking she'd be right back? I know I did sneak up on the gf parked in the cudesac across from my house a few ocassions and spooked the hell out of her, but I knew I could hold my own where she was concerned. One time she did try to back the car up on me, but it was the last time. The next day LE paid her a visit with a restraining order, but it didn't stop her completely. When I live in TN, they only required you to have license plates on the back of your car, not on both front and back so when her car faced my house I couldn't get a plate number to call it in to LE, so when I did sneak up behind her car my neighbor was standing at his backdoor with a gun in his hand so I was covered. Unfortunately my neighbor couldn't get out his door without her seeing him first, but I could.

IDK how that would be handled, but I'd too like to know if that would be an option in this case. ? Unfortunately, his best interests may not agree with childrens'. Can her family do anything for the children at this point? Can they show up in court to voice their concern?

I would think an interested third party (family member of Gail, etc.) could file a motion to intervene and ask that a GAL be appointed. Whether it would be granted or not is another story, since he's not even been named as a POI.
I hope he's getting these kids some counseling....this has got to be very traumatic for them.

BBM..Did she tell friends or relatives she feared he would kill her? I certainly hope LE is well aware of this information...

I'd have to search for a link, but I don't think this is rumor. Is it?

If I were to ever go "missing." Please don't let it be in TN!
The TBI are silent, and for a very good reason,
Holly, and now Gail....they have nada. But, they ARE silent about them.
I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?

You guys, please use caution in your discussion. At this point MP has not been named as any kind of suspect. Suspicion and analyzing behavior is certainly reasonable, as it is typical for spouses and family members to be cleared.
So, please be careful and posts that cross the line may be removed.

Please do your very best to continue to keep the discussion as constructive as possible. Thanks so much for all your help to find Gail.

where this post lands on the thread is random

I went back to look and Snowbunny is right, some of the really over-the-top messages are gone now, which is for the best. I saw 2 which were written in the same tone and had some of the same info, so it made me think it was the same person writing both of those.

I also wondered if it was the alleged gf, because the gf could likely have been told negative stuff about Gail that she completely believed. Also, on the internet, people who get angry tend to take rumors and exaggerate until what they say sounds ridiculous.

But this IS the internet, and it could have been some random commenter who got worked up. There's more than one person posting comments on news articles where they have judged everyone involved in the case despite not really knowing any details.
Hello ev1 ...can someone send me a LINK(s) for the forums that seem to be leaving negative comments about Gail. I would really like to read them...the ones that are still there anyways. Thanks

Hello ev1 ...can someone send me a LINK(s) for the forums that seem to be leaving negative comments about Gail. I would really like to read them...the ones that are still there anyways. Thanks
Please do not post them here. :)

Sleuthy you are doing just fine and we are glad you are here.:hug:

I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?

Here in TN I feel the same!

The 'vibe' on the mountain is that this is 'tarnishing' our safe living, mountain experience (although this doesn't normally happen) BUT, where what does happen behind closed doors is NEVER what it appears....:twocents:

What does it mean when there is an unusal presence of TN State Troopers?

Memorial Day??

I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?
I believe that LE is working diligently on these cases. IMO, they keep things close to the vest to make sure they do not compromise the investigation.

Whew! Been gone 5 days. Caught up now, but I sure was hoping there had been a break in this case. Where are you Gail?

“I defend many of these cases each year, some involving completely innocent people."

Quote from the lawyers page in reference to defending domestic assault defendants. I just thought that was funny. What a sleaze ball.

I laughed at that too, TheDoormouse. I'm sure they mean they defend anyone whether they plead guilty, no contest, innocent, whatever, but the way they worded it is just so tacky.

The professional searchers were working over the Memorial Day weekend, if I recall correctly. They even asked the volunteers to not search this weekend because the pros were going to be out there. Has anyone heard anything from them?

The police station is not far from her house. If she was being followed, I wonder why she did not just drive there.

That is an excellent question and a great idea. I know of people who have done just that when scared on the road. I would suggest to anybody who reads this, to keep that idea tucked away and hope never to need it.

I don't know of anybody who has done that without thinking of it ahead of time. Just like we're posting now, to plant the thought. My guess is that she was too scared to THINK to drive there or that she was somehow prevented from driving there.

Was it her in the Jeep? Yes, according to friend/neighbor.

What if preplanned to appear as her in tinted windows? Far stranger things have happened.

Why no wave, or hello to her best friend? I don't think it was her. I stand by that, she cannot be certain. Most of all, why? Because she didn't roll down window to speak, or anything like they would normally do. She never really saw her.

For what it's worth, I thought the same thing. There were several posts along the lines of this debate during the week or so that you were sick and off the board. I will say that I am satisfied that JBean knows. We threw around a variety of possibilities that could have involved trickery, etc., but JBean says it was her. So I think it was her.

Since you made a comment in another post last night about having your first baby "in a few," I think I can say here on the board that I hope you feel GREAT from now to delivery and that you keep yourself and baby OUT of the hospital until you're SUPPOSED to be there! NO more complications, okay? We want you here and reading daily! :book:

:baby: (Once you start chasing the baby that learned to crawl, there'll be no more reading for a few years....)

It is now one month since Gail Marie went missing. I was in a drug store on Friday filling a prescription for my son at their pharmacy and I started crying right in the middle of the store. Gail's first job was a clerk at a pharmacy; I used to visit her at work many times. She had wanted to be a Pharmacist since HS and had always planned on attending grad school to get her PharmD. This, however, was not part of her dream.

Where is Gail Marie???

{{{HUGS}}}

I read here every day...and wrack my brain everyday....

The more time that passes, the more that I fear something foul happened.

She just wouldn't leave her children and her sister and friends to worry like this.

I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?

Tennessee actually does as well as any other state. There are thousands of unsolved missing persons cases all over the country, not just here. And they don't have to tell us everything they are doing. We just have to learn how to cope with our own impatience. :twocents:

They just found a woman missing from East Ridge last week:
Missing Woman Found Dead in Sequatchie
(Her husband didn't wait 48 hours to report her missing, however)

And for every young person lost, such as Holly Bobo, there are kids found, such as the girl who went missing at Christmas in Wartburg. She's Safe: Authorities Locate Missing Morgan County Girl

Funny, but once people are found, no one ever thanks the police for finding them so quickly. The vast majority of people who are lost in Tennessee are found within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member