Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only known crime scene has been released, IIRC.

I dont think that was the only crime scene. I think they already know she was killed in that house. But thats my opinion. They released the scene where the body was found and are concetrating on that house. JMO

The chief said they would process the home and both vehicles today. Here are some other details from the press conference. Brad was invited to the press conference today, but he didn't show up. The police will provide an officer to cover him as long as necessary. The chief doesn't believe there is someone out there looking for joggers or women in general. Someone asked why they issued a search warrant when Brad has already let them look in the house. She said that the warrant allows them to do a detailed search for forensic evidence. Brad is the last person who saw Nancy. Her friends saw her at the party the night before. Someone asked if they believed they knew the cause of death but just couldn't tell people. She said that information couldn't be released at this time. Someone asked if anyone in the area where she was found saw anything. She said that was part of the investigation.

I dont think that was the only crime scene. I think they already know she was killed in that house. But thats my opinion. They released the scene where the body was found and are concetrating on that house. JMO
I guess that is a good question. Is the place where the victim was last seen considered a crime scene? Even if they haven't found any evidence yet, of a crime taking place there?

I guess that is a good question. Is the place where the victim was last seen considered a crime scene? Even if they haven't found any evidence yet, of a crime taking place there?

I dont know,but i guarantee you that they know she wasnt killed where her body was found. They have to have something to obtain a search warrant from a judge. JMO. I beleive if she was killed where her body was found they would warn the public. jmo

I would think that unless they know for CERTAIN where the crime tookplace, they may be treating any place she last seen as a possible crime scene as well....especially if they don't believe she was killed where they found her body.

JMO

Yes, it is, audie. Where the victim is found is one and if the victim was killed elsewhere then that will become a crime scene too.

imoo

Anyway back to the original question. If it is about the house, I would expect the search/processing of the house would take at least a couple days. Does anyone know when they executed the warrant for the house? Was it last night or yesterday?

The only known crime scene has been released, IIRC.

Right, as of now that is the only verifiable crime scene. Believe me LE is working quickly to change that.

Now through the SWs they will try to find evidence that Nancy was killed inside her home and possibly transported in one of their vehicles to the area where she was found.

They have taken his DNA hoping that he left his DNA on her body, such as if he bled on her clothing or it commingled in her hair as he deposed of her. etc.

imoo

my son is in college for forensics. He says that they could tell right off if a person was dumped and not murdered at the sight of where the body was found. Body positioning and COD ect. jmo

Anyway back to the original question. If it is about the house, I would expect the search/processing of the house would take at least a couple days. Does anyone know when they executed the warrant for the house? Was it last night or yesterday?
This morning at 2:00 AM per press conference. :eek: and they worked until 6:30 and resumed at 8:00

It just depends. IIRC in the Michelle Young case LE was there 13 days once they obtained a search warrant.

However this one is different. He said she went jogging and was not supposed to be inside the home when she was killed. I think this one will take no more than probably until this afternoon.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the luminol testing glows and right there they will have him and could announce his arrest tomorrow or Friday.

JMO tho.

Thanks to those recapping from TV today...no TV at work :(

Keep us workerbees updated throughout the day? Please and TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member