UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Ethan was already wearing glasses and IF mom did have diabetes I wonder if there is a chance Ethan did as well and had not been diagnosed?

It in no way excuses what was done to him but it says sudden onset...
Surely mom knew the signs to look for but didn't care?
Just a thought that crossed my mind...

Warning signs of type 1 diabetes (these may occur suddenly):
■Extreme thirst
■Frequent urination
■Sudden vision changes
■Sugar in urine
■Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
■Increased appetite
■Sudden weight loss
■Drowsiness, lethargy
■Heavy, labored breathing
■Stupor, unconsciousness

If you or someone you love exhibits one or more of these symptoms, call a doctor immediately.

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=103498

I am pretty sure the symptoms he had were from having his head bashed in.

I am pretty sure the symptoms he had were from having his head bashed in.

I agree... but could his acting out in the beginning have led up to this?
It's not like she was going to be bothered by him...
I also question why they were force feeding him fluids I wonder if he was constantly asking for something to drink.

I also question why they were force feeding him fluids I wonder if he was constantly asking for something to drink.

It seems they were worried about dehydration. Makes no sense to beat a child silly and then worry that he is dehydrated but these people defy human understanding. I think they just couldn't deal with a normal 4 year old who was probably homesick and missed his father. NS probably took that as a personal afront to his greatness.

It seems they were worried about dehydration. Makes no sense to beat a child silly and then worry that he is dehydrated but these people defy human understanding. I think they just couldn't deal with a normal 4 year old who was probably homesick and missed his father. NS probably took that as a personal afront to his greatness.

In my years of pediatric nursing I've known kids with undiagnosed diabetes to drink out of dog bowls puddles and even toilets because they are sooo thirsty. Ethan never should have been with those two to begin with. It doesn't matter now if he had diabetes or not.

poor baby

Here's my take on the fluids - I am a pharmacist you are a nurse so I'm sure you will follow me, I'll try to make it quick. All just my opinions. I can't even begin to imagine the pain this child was in. Mom did everything wrong, so wrong, makes you wonder if it was intentional. moo

Seems to me the child had a severe concussion (cerebral hemorrage) that caused bleeding around the brain. Our skulls can't expand for the accumulating blood, so Ethan was in terrible, excruciating pain. moo He began vomiting and bleeding from his ears, nose, and mouth as would be expected in such a severe concussion.

Seems like she thought he was dehydrating from the loss of fluids from vomiting and temp and forced huge amounts of fluid into him. :eek: I'm sure the child was screaming from the pain and since monster mom was not going to call for help, their choice was to wait for his death.
When I was doing my time-line (couple pages back), I thought he probably died on Saturday rather than Sunday. just my thoughts on this horrific crime.

eyes4crime~ Here's my take on the fluids - I am a pharmacist you are a nurse so I'm sure you will follow me, I'll try to make it quick.
respectfully snipped.
warning this is medical discussion you may want to move on... I don't want to upset anyone :sick:
Yep I follow you.
While the baby prob didn't have diabetes... The nurse in me wants to think DKA. diabetic ketoacidosis for those that don't know. Extreme thirst, hunger, frequent urination, vomiting, irritability. Two incapable adults that get more and more angry at this child because he is having outbursts perhaps wetting/soiling the bed/himself and vomiting. It escalates and turns into full flegged abuse beating him about the head forcing fluids due to DKA dehydration/bleeding from head injuries and intracrainial pressure NO idea where the scalding and burning come into play other than beyond evil. (unless they found him cold and unresponsive) they probably od'd him on benedryl or something to keep him quiet. Does benedryl have sugar? or aspartame (yuk)

Wonder why none of the neighbors heard anything? They did live in apartments right? Seems like he'd have been screaming!

Another thought. Step dad said he and mom had not spent one day apart since 10/09. You can answer this I am sure~! When a diabetic is not getting their insulin do the high blood sugars cause extreme weight loss? I'm thinking yes.
I know everyone thinks she is on drugs and that is why she looks so bad but I'm thinking she is off her insulin... and off in general as well.

oh well... earlier in the thread you asked for theories or ideas. mine aren't worth much :twocents: but sleuthin is sleuthin.

hope I didn't offend anyone...

And Mother's Day of all days! I think that creep she married was very jealous too. After reading his full statement about HIS bride I got cavities! Not that he planned for the child to die that day... he probably had hoped it would happen sooner. So sad! The little guy was able to hang on until Mother's Day. It was stated earlier that he probably died around 9 pm, not 5 am as she reported. She didn't want anyone to know what day he really died. Thank God for forensics!

IMO, in her attempt to absolve herself of responsibility, she stepped right in it. Claiming he was alive 2 hours before his body was cold and his arms stiff? And yet she bravely performed CPR. Sorry you lying .

But ya know what? I hope she keeps talking. And talking. And talking. I hope that LE is smart enough to know that if they keep interviewing her, she'll take that rope and hang herself.

When I posted this I said I was sure the DA would know her version was a lie (about him being cold and stiff in a span of 2 hours). I hate to email authorities about stuff I'm sure they know, but just in case... I'm going to email him again.

IMO, in her attempt to absolve herself of responsibility, she stepped right in it. Claiming he was alive 2 hours before his body was cold and his arms stiff? And yet she bravely performed CPR. Sorry you lying .

But ya know what? I hope she keeps talking. And talking. And talking. I hope that LE is smart enough to know that if they keep interviewing her, she'll take that rope and hang herself.

When I posted this I said I was sure the DA would know her version was a lie (about him being cold and stiff in a span of 2 hours). I hate to email authorities about stuff I'm sure they know, but just in case... I'm going to email him again.

Is there such a thing as too much information when one is investigating the death of a child? I HOPE NOT!!!!

AND I really wonder if the burns were not to try to undo rigor? I AM sorry that is so gross but.... I guess the ME can tell if they were pre or post mortem.

Here's my take on the fluids - I am a pharmacist you are a nurse so I'm sure you will follow me, I'll try to make it quick. All just my opinions. I can't even begin to imagine the pain this child was in. Mom did everything wrong, so wrong, makes you wonder if it was intentional. moo

Seems to me the child had a severe concussion (cerebral hemorrage) that caused bleeding around the brain. Our skulls can't expand for the accumulating blood, so Ethan was in terrible, excruciating pain. moo He began vomiting and bleeding from his ears, nose, and mouth as would be expected in such a severe concussion.

Seems like she thought he was dehydrating from the loss of fluids from vomiting and temp and forced huge amounts of fluid into him. :eek: I'm sure the child was screaming from the pain and since monster mom was not going to call for help, their choice was to wait for his death.
When I was doing my time-line (couple pages back), I thought he probably died on Saturday rather than Sunday. just my thoughts on this horrific crime.

Forcing that much fluid into a child that small in such a short period of time is dangerous. It in effect 'dilutes' the blood, causing a relative drop in sodium and other electrolytes which can lead to cerebral edema as the fluid shifts in an attempt to correct the hyponatremia. I've seen people have grand mal seizures with sodium levels of 120; I cared for a young woman once whose mother had forced her to drink distilled water (she'd kissed a boy or some such nonsense and mom wanted to cleanse her of the devil). Her sodium levels dropped below 100 and she ended up in a vegetative state; that she even survived was remarkable. Also, a relative dilution of potassium can cause serious and even fatal cardiac arrhythmias.

I agree that it sounds as if by this point his head injuries were severe enough that he may not have survived, or that if he did he'd have suffered long term effects, but forcing so much fluid on him in such a short period of time certainly didn't help his situation either. JMO, of course.

calliope~
That's what I think, a compounded situation. Each in itself could result in death but combined a double whammy.

Still can't figure out why force that amt of fluids in that amt of time.
Ethan was outnumbered, and God removed himfrom that situation. He is not suffering anymore.

Is there such a thing as too much information when one is investigating the death of a child? I HOPE NOT!!!!

AND I really wonder if the burns were not to try to undo rigor? I AM sorry that is so gross but.... I guess the ME can tell if they were pre or post mortem.

Smashing his precious little face with a hammer and setting him on fire with lighter fluid was done deliberately to make it more difficult for him to be ID'd if found.

I'm going to post something extremely disturbing (but what of this case hasn't been so far?).

There was a person commenting on one of the articles who claimed to have had an inside source, a person involved with the search/investigation (someone who'd been called out of bed at 0300 and told to "stand down" when it was apparent Ethan had been murdered). Normally I'd take it with a grain of salt as it was an anonymous poster making these comments, but he posted LONG before it was reported anywhere else that he'd heard Ethan was dead and SS was talking, and he posted that the body had been buried and where; he also said that NS had led them to the body. He said his friend had told him these two POSs had put dog food on and around the grave so that animals could finish what they'd started. I wasn't sure I believed that when I read it; it wasn't clear by what capacity his friend was involved and frankly, it was just too horrifying to even consider. But that was before I knew NS had smashed that precious baby's face with a hammer and tried to burn him with lighter fluid.

It makes me ill to type that, but given what we know now and how it fits with the comments I read long before it became public, I don't doubt that it could be true.

Just proves how stupid these people are! The model that was stuffed in the suitcase.. had her teeth removed. DNA can't be hidden and stupid can't be fixed!
Mom was complicit I know that BUT I think some of that was done to the baby to threaten her and keep her quiet or so he thought... After the fit he pitched I kinda feel like he didn't think shewould rat him out (or take pictures)
MOOO

calliope~
That's what I think, a compounded situation. Each in itself could result in death but combined a double whammy.

Still can't figure out why force that amt of fluids in that amt of time.
Ethan was outnumbered, and God removed himfrom that situation. He is not suffering anymore.

BBM

Because they were ignorant murderous sons of *****es. WTH made them think motrin would help a child with severe head injuries? IMO I don't believe it was done to "rehydrate", but rather another sadistic punishment on the poor child. He was forced to eat feces. Twice. (at least)

In fact, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to find out his forced "hydration" wasn't somehow connected to that.

Something else I'd like to point out about SS and why I don't think she was the least bit torn up over what happened to Ethan (although no doubt upset that she'd been caught).

Look at her booking photo (I don't want to post it because I can't stand to even look at her any longer). Eyes clear, nose isn't red, face isn't puffy or swollen. No visible signs she'd been crying or upset in any way. It may as well have been a DL or passport photo.

2r6ceol.jpg

Thanks DG. I needed that. What a beautiful little boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uldu_1-JCJE

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monster's gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here

On the 8th, Ethan was still conscious, because he was able to smear his feces on the bathroom walls. This tell me two things.

- With only Benadryl and Motrin for his physical pain, he was in agony from the torture being inflicted on him.

- When a child smears their feces, it's a sign of severe emotional trauma. He was fragmenting. When children reach that point, they are often placed in a psychiatric hospital - that's how extreme his emotional breakdown was.

This baby, sweet little Ethan, a baby who never hurt another human being in short life, spent days in a hell of physical and emotional trauma. Six days. One day after another after another in an utter hell of torture.

OMG! BeanE! your so right. Poor baby! He had'nt even been with his mother since she took off on him and this is what he was forced into!?? I'm just going to think that these things all happened so that in the end Ethan will have justice, in the form of fecal matter, skull fractures and everything eles his mother did/let happen to him. The whole world now knows how horrible these two"humans" really are. Just the pictures of the mom and how much she's changed in appearence in such a short time, she is already being punished internally and her own soul will never rest.!

Begin Rant: Got up this a.m., grabbed my coffee and started to catch up...cannot beleive I am reading a true life nightmare! :( These two are beyond apathetic...they have no souls. To do this to that beautiful child is beyond comprehention. I hope that the prosecution goes for blood on this one and that they set a precidence to every parent/step parent out there that you cannot get away with torturing, beating and killing a child! End Rant.

Has this made the national news?? I checked yesterday, but didn't see anything.

Begin Rant: Got up this a.m., grabbed my coffee and started to catch up...cannot beleive I am reading a true life nightmare! :( These two are beyond apathetic...they have no souls. To do this to that beautiful child is beyond comprehention. I hope that the prosecution goes for blood on this one and that they set a precidence to every parent/step parent out there that you cannot get away with torturing, beating and killing a child! End Rant.

Has this made the national news?? I checked yesterday, but didn't see anything.

BBM. It's on the front pages of MSN.Com, CNN, and Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer