2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the FBI MR would not have cut a piece of carpet as close to the exact same size as the sample in the tin can that was sent to him? Why give JA a percentage chart that was worthless and then get on the stand and state that? Does the FBI have a problem with the State? I was so mad at him, I wanted to be a fly on JA shoulder when he left the court room. Im still mad, I hope JA gave him a piece of my mind too. Ok done ranting.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28161964/index.html

Part 11 @ about the 25:37 mark. The camera catches Casey speaking "excitedly" to Jose. Jose smirks/smiles and walks away. He begins talking to Cheney and Casey stares at them during their conversation. HTH!
this has happened throughout the trial, casey attempts to engage her council, especially jb, only to be ignored for the most part. she's a lost kid in an adult proceeding... and it shows.

Do any of ya'll remember... wayyy back in the early days.......they determined the body had been in the trunk for, IIRC, 2.6 days?

Had the decomp fluid not been allowed to leak and therefore stain, there probably would never have been a smell in that trunk by the time July rolled around, if her body was indeed removed (dumped) after 2.6 days. The reason it stunk, then stunk worse, and eventually became unbearable, was because of that nasty decomp stain cooking in the Florida heat, and drawing flies which in no time led to maggots hatching :sick:

ETA: And the more I think about this, wasn't the 2.6 day window discovered by means of the air samples? Yet....in the testimony regarding the air samples, nothing about the 2.6 days was asked, nor mentioned.....hmmm.

ETA (again): I should say... hasn't been addressed *YET* at least.

I'm wondering how much more they would have found in the trunk if "someone" wouldn't have decided to clean and air it out first. KWIM?:banghead:

Can anyone direct me to when in the day ICA was handing Jose stuff during cross? I am reading bits and pieces of it and I didn't watch the whole day. Would LOVE to see that.

So it seems like a lot of people think the SA didn't do good today - what's leading to that impression?

Great link. Thanks.

Still not clear, though. Let me try to see if we can clear up my confusion together.

What is referred to as the "spare tire" cover, this is the floor of the trunk which lifts up? And under that is where the tire is stored?

What is referred to as the tire well, that is the area where the tire itself is stored?

Sorry...older vehicle here. No idea what these terms mean.

Yes you have it all correct...

pontiac_sunfire_coupe_2004_.jpg

IIRC, she went there to confront ICA and when she Couldn't find her, she called her and ICA told her she was in Jacksonville. I always thought this was odd. I used to work at universal and I don't know where CA would have gone to try to find her. The place ICA said she worked was in the back lot and not accessible to guests. It sounded like CA went thru city walk toward the guest entrance - paying to park too

CA said she went to Guest Services desk and phoned ICA intending to have her meet her there. Then ICA told her she was in Jax.

Bill Sheaffer says JB put his foot in it again (duh) today by commenting to Dr Vass as to his reliability with identifying the cans of evidence.
At that point he opened it up for JA to say " Just to be sure we have ID'd this correctly would you open the can with the carpet specimen and smell it?"
that way the Jury would have smelled it too as it still reeks......:floorlaugh:

Forget JVM tomorrow she is going to have Mackenzie Phillips on.

I don't know if anyone else heard this but...after the camera's went to the color bars at the end of today's hearing on WFTV.com, I'm sitting her trying to figure something out and left it on for a few minutes until I was done. After a couple of minutes I hear a males voice say "Testing, one, two, three", he sang the line from an old song (like testing the microphone) and then I heard a woman's voice say "How can she live with that playhouse in the back yard knowing her granddaughter was back there". Then it cut off. It wasn't Bill Shaeffer, I'm sure of that, but I don't know who the guy or the woman was. That was tacky letting that go out over the air.

For lack of anything else to watch I turned on Vinnie this afternoon. Waste, huge waste. He leads off with this "Incredible opportunity for JB to absolutely demolish the Prosecution case" and is about to burst a blood vessel when JB didn't take advantage of the moment.
My ears pricked up, wondering what I had missed...
]Turns out it was the moment at the start of the day when JA apologized and told the court he had handed Dr V the wrong can ( there were two) and had to get him to identify the correct one.
He thought JB should have capitalized on that error to cast doubt on all the forensic evidence from Dr V.
And this guy Vinnie claims to be a Lawyer?
That's because for some lawyers it's all about "winning". Not their client or the victims. More wins =s more $$$.

But like Bill Sheaffer said, JA could have then opened the can and asked Dr Vass to identify the smell.

I think Vinnie was so hopped up on the "win" moment that he didn't think this one through, and maybe for once, Baez did and that's why he didn't take advantage of the moment.

My opinion...

Where could we find a list of the current prosecution and defense witness lists?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6617143#post6617143"]Witnesses and when they testified ***LIST ONLY*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Witnesses and when they testified ***LIST ONLY***

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1eypXuLsh5uatd0yhKQPIBl3_qCYIw5K-bc0q2jEVkHo&hl=en
STATE WITNESS LIST

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1SJuT6ZnZa_DMbH7rK5QXMFWMCG9xV7KVoIjLLRZfg_E&hl=en
DEFENSE WITNESS LIST

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1IKoWtQFXbILJ9pVMwT-c0dXhXOtFw-u5N2jfvVJM0/edit?hl=en
DEFENSE PENALTY PHASE WITNESS LIST

You know this thing with Kronk, the claim that he told his son and others in Nov makes sense if he told them, I know where the body is and I called the cops twice and they didn't believe me. JMO

I wonder where Michelle Medina is these days... out trying to make a living for the Baez law firm? Mr. Slaybaugh seems to have taken the BFF role.

Didn't get to see much today. Off to view the video. thanks for keeping us all up to date.

I must be missing something? All I see is ICA whispering to each Atty in turn...

She was angry. It was really noticeable standing next to Jose, she was leaning forward on the desk standing up motioning with her eyebrows and he had a fake smile, talking out the side of his mouth trying to be discreet not making eye contact with her.

I think KC had to wait to dump Caylee because school was out and maybe too many kids hung out in that area, especially in daylight hours.

Here's a direct link to the document. It is listed on page 5, iirc:

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2009-09/49548935.pdf

I thought it was part of the search results. I ran an advanced search on the search link above -- showing posts and the earliest reference on Websleuths appears here in the All About Chloroform # 2 thread in about February of 2009.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3334445&highlight=Baquacil#post3334445

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304