ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Morgan try to get an apology and/or omission from KC early on way before there was any knowledge of the $200,000 plus that KC made from Caylee's pictures. Long before there was any indication KC would sell her story. The result was that KC refused to clear ZG even then and slapped a countersuit on ZG. In the beginning there was no money and ZG's goal was to have her named cleared and KC admit she lied. jmo

The death threats were to her children, not to ZG directly. I would think she would have reported it to LE because she has no problem discussing it with the media and it is part of her lawsuit. jmo

Wow...I'm totally on the fence now after reading here today.
I said the other day that ZG should have said "yeah I'm after money to bring me back to being whole" in the depo. Looking at the snippit again, I do think she is just after money as her face has a very subtle change as if she didn't want to admit the truth, BUT I also still think OCA started all of this and still to this day hasn't made it right. Maybe OCA should do an empty apology to ZG just like she did with AH and we could see if it would stop the law suit.
Do have a question though.
Back when this was first happening wasn't this ZG the only ZG in the area of Orlando at the time and that was the reason LE talked to her?

Wow...I'm totally on the fence now after reading here today.
I said the other day that ZG should have said "yeah I'm after money to bring me back to being whole" in the depo. Looking at the snippit again, I do think she is just after money as her face has a very subtle change as if she didn't want to admit the truth, BUT I also still think OCA started all of this and still to this day hasn't made it right. Maybe OCA should do an empty apology to ZG just like she did with AH and we could see if it would stop the law suit.
Do have a question though.
Back when this was first happening wasn't this ZG the only ZG in the area of Orlando at the time and that was the reason LE talked to her?

No but she was the only Zenaida Gonzales who visited Sawgrass...and had that connection. Probably the only one who was the "type" to work as a nanny...and the only ZG the investigative team took a statement from and showed OCA and Caylee's pictures...

I still don't care anything about legitimacy on this case. I applaud anyone who can hold Casey responsible on any level, for any thing. I don't care if it's Zenaida, Leonard, Tim, Amy, Jesse, George, and eventually (as I'll predict here and now), Jose, or anyone else for any reason whatsoever. At any expense, at any cost, if she ruined your life... ruin hers right back.

I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.

Still searching for quote re: plates but here is her comment about New York from 1st phone call home:
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So how can I find out the information about that girl?

CASEY ANTHONY: Have them look up a New York license for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. They`ve just been looking up the last name Gonzalez or the last name Fernandez. If they looked up her entire name, they might actually find her. They haven`t done that. They haven`t listened to anything that I`ve said.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/25/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Missing Person Case Phone Calls Released
Aired July 25, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

The death threats were to her children, not to ZG directly. I would think she would have reported it to LE because she has no problem discussing it with the media and it is part of her lawsuit. jmo
from Nancy Grace Show, about threats, still searching for LE report, if one exists:
GRACE: Is it true, Miss Gonzalez, that you have actually received death threats?
ZENAIDA GONZALEZ, MISSING TOT CAYLEE`S ALLEGED "BABYSITTER": Yes, ma`am.
GRACE: What happened?
GONZALEZ: Well, they call me. They call me about -- because my number went out public.
GRACE: And said what?
GONZALEZ: And they called and -- and they called me and told me what they`re going do to me or do to my kids what I did to the little girl. And that whenever they see me, they`re going to hurt me. It`s been crazy.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/01/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Mother Officially Named Suspect in Missing Toddler Case
Aired October 1, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

((I do realize NG Show transcripts are not official transcripts but easier at this point to copy & paste
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/26/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Casey Anthony Interrogation Tapes
Aired December 26, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
re: Zenaida having children - What Casey said
WELLS: You`re our biggest help. You`re going to be our biggest help in solving this.
ANTHONY: I have nothing to go off of. That`s the problem. I have perspective ideas of maybe where she could go.
WELLS: Tell me.
ANTHONY: At the same time -- she could've gone back up to New York. She could've gone back to Jacksonville where we have a friend, could've gone down to Miami where her mom and her sister live now. She could`ve gone anywhere.
WELLS: Does she have any children?
ANTHONY: No.
WELLS: And we`re talking about the babysitter, right? She didn't have any children?
ANTHONY: No.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/16478419/Casey-Anthony-counter-sues-ZFG-November-2008
Casey counter suit - November 2008
PAGE 4, NUMBER 6 - Bottom of the page
The information was different in a number of material ways; specifically, that
PAGE 5 - Continuing Number 6
the Zenaida Gonzalez that Ms. Anthony was referring to
drove a different car; she has a different name and she
had less children that the Plaintiff has. The Plaintiff
has six (6) children, the Zenaida Gonzalez identified
by the Defendant has two (2) kids.

PAGE 5 NUMBER 10
The Defendant made truthful statements to the police
about a separate and distinct Zenaida Gonzalez
and
it was the Plaintiff that inferred that said
information was about her without any support to
her position whatsoever.
This Counter Suit is moot I suppose since they realized what they had said and threw this version out. My point is that they referred to her as "Zenaida Gonzalez" and said that Casey told the truth to LE about the Nanny

((I do realize NG Show transcripts are not official transcripts but easier at this point to copy & paste
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/26/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Casey Anthony Interrogation Tapes
Aired December 26, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
re: Zenaida having children - What Casey said

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/16478419/Casey-Anthony-counter-sues-ZFG-November-2008
Casey counter suit - November 2008

This Counter Suit is moot I suppose since they realized what they had said and threw this version out. My point is that they referred to her as "Zenaida Gonzalez" and said that Casey told the truth to LE about the Nanny

Just another example of careless lawyering re: the number of kids. :waitasec:

ETA: I had never really realized that the counterclaim basically admitted that the "real" ZFG (lol) was NOT this ZG. So why was it such a big g-d deal for anyone to admit that when ZG's lawyers kept asking them to??

Just another example of careless lawyering re: the number of kids. :waitasec:

ETA: I had never really realized that the counterclaim basically admitted that the "real" ZFG (lol) was NOT this ZG. So why was it such a big g-d deal for anyone to admit that when ZG's lawyers kept asking them to??

Omg! Check out number 12 on the Counter Claim!

12. The defendant did not fabricate any statements to the police as the Plaintiff alledged in her complaint. She answered direct questions put to her by law enforcement.....

Lol! Well, we all know how accurate those statements were! :floorlaugh:

12. The defendant did not fabricate any statements to the police as the Plaintiff alledged in her complaint. She answered direct questions put to her by law enforcement.....

Oh thanks very much now I spilled wine on my shirt. :floorlaugh:

Wow. I'm so glad my cup of tea is on the table next to my chair or I'd be cleaning the laptop screen!! No wonder the countersuit was dropped!!! :floorlaugh:

Still searching for quote re: plates but here is her comment about New York from 1st phone call home:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/25/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Missing Person Case Phone Calls Released
Aired July 25, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

That's interesting - about OCA saying look for both Fernandez and Gonzales, because I was over at the Hinky reading the LE's reports filed for the 16th and 17th and in OCA's initial statements, there is no mention of the word Fernandez, just Zenaida Gonzales. It was obviously added when the LE told OCA they found ZG who swears she is not "the one".

Typical.

I swear I saw LKB on TV saying "We all know she lied about ZFG".
Maybe Mr Greene missed it.....:innocent:

That's interesting - about OCA saying look for both Fernandez and Gonzales, because I was over at the Hinky reading the LE's reports filed for the 16th and 17th and in OCA's initial statements, there is no mention of the word Fernandez, just Zenaida Gonzales. It was obviously added when the LE told OCA they found ZG who swears she is not "the one".

Typical.
IMO this is the point she was hit with the realization that, by using the real name of a person she had not fabricated, she had underestimated the consequences of doing so. What to do, what to do? Go into failsafe mode by adding to the lie in an attempt to make it more vague and thereby allow HERSELF to claim 'this is not the one I meant'.
But how and why did she come up with Fernandez?

IMO this is the point she was hit with the realization that, by using the real name of a person she had not fabricated, she had underestimated the consequences of doing so. What to do, what to do? Go into failsafe mode by adding to the lie in an attempt to make it more vague and thereby allow HERSELF to claim 'this is not the one I meant'.

BBM: Bi-product of an over imagination. jmo

Remember Jeffrey Michael Hopkins? He is a real person but all of the extraneous information was added to make her story more believable. I just watched his court testimony under cross by Jb (painful). The only part that KC was correct about was the first name JEFFREY and the last name HOPKINS, yet he was a real person that KC borrowed to tell her story. Sound familiar?

I swear I saw LKB on TV saying "We all know she lied about ZFG".
Maybe Mr Greene missed it.....:innocent:

Yes, I remember LKB saying that so casually - I was shocked to hear her admit it so easily.

Wasn't there a spanish speaking bull in kid's cartoons whose name was Frenandez? I'm pretty sure he wore a cape and had a ring through his nose! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam