Conrad Murray trial -Day nine.

I don't trust one thing about Dr. Murray. I think he lies every time his mouth opens.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised it was taking drugs himself. There are ways for doctors to keep it hidden.

IMO

I agree it is easy to hide drug abuse.misuse many Drs do, MJ was able to for years,

I have yet to hear the full tape Dr Murray has given to LE so am not sure what I think of what his explanation is, but the fact that he was willing to administer propofol as he did does not sit well with me, as does the fact that MJ chose to use propofol pre and under CMs care

whether CM is guilty or not MJ had chosen to use a drug for purposes it was not meant for and he therefore by his choices was risking his health and his life everytime he chose to use propofol

and the people around him should have put a stop to it if they knew

I was wondering, has Murray lost his medical license because of this case? Somewhere it was posted that he didn't renew his cardiology license but had he totally lost all medical licenses?

Never mind I found this:
"Conrad Murray, the physician accused of injecting Michael Jackson with a lethal amount of sedatives, was ordered to stand trial on a count of involuntary manslaughter. According to TMZ, Judge Michael Pastor then ordered the suspension of Murray's license as a condition to the doctor's bail."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/11/conrad-murray-license-suspended/

I don't know if this is a good site to link or not but it looked ok.

I agree it is easy to hide drug abuse.misuse many Drs do, MJ was able to for years,

I have yet to hear the full tape Dr Murray has given to LE so am not sure what I think of what his explanation is, but the fact that he was willing to administer propofol as he did does not sit well with me, as does the fact that MJ chose to use propofol pre and under CMs care

whether CM is guilty or not MJ had chosen to use a drug for purposes it was not meant for and he therefore by his choices was risking his health and his life everytime he chose to use propofol

and the people around him should have put a stop to it if they knew

Whether we agree with it or not using propofol in a home setting was not illegal for him or MJ to do. The use of propofol is not what killed MJ.

It was the grossly wanton reckless and uncaring behavior that Murray did and did not do that day that led to MJs death.

The people around MJ never even saw him take an aspirin........much less drugs or propofol.

IMO

I'm going for lunch. What time will the trial resume this afternoon please.

Whether we agree with it or not using propofol in a home setting was not illegal for him or MJ to do. The use of propofol is not what killed MJ.

It was the grossly wanton reckless and uncaring behavior that Murray did and did not do that day that led to MJs death.

IMO

I never said it was illegal, none of the drugs MJ was abusing were illegal, but propofol is not meant to be used as a sleeping drug and that was what MJ was using it as both before and with Dr Murray

and everytime he chose to use it he was taking risks with his life, the fact that Dr Murray was not monitoring him properly is for Dr Murray to answer to

but MJ had to have known the risks and dangers of using propofol

I was wondering, has Murray lost his medical license because of this case? Somewhere it was posted that he didn't renew his cardiology license but had he totally lost all medical licenses?

Never mind I found this:
"Conrad Murray, the physician accused of injecting Michael Jackson with a lethal amount of sedatives, was ordered to stand trial on a count of involuntary manslaughter. According to TMZ, Judge Michael Pastor then ordered the suspension of Murray's license as a condition to the doctor's bail."

Quoting myself here. So if Murray is acquitted he can practice medicine again?

Never mind I found this:

I wonder if he will get it back if acquitted,

According to MJ's nurse, he begged her to get propofol for him, to help him sleep. She adamently refused, telling him he may never wake up.

CM should have done the same thing the nurse did.

However, I'm sure MJ would've kept looking for a doctor to get the med for him until he found one.

But, whoever MJ got to get propofol for him would have eventually gotten into trouble, using propofol for MJ's sleep.

MJ had been hiding medical info for years. Many suspected drug use because, like him or not, he did have strange behaviors. He had the money to buy privacy concerning his many surgeries, concerning his wives and children. It is rather sad now that he is dead that recordings are played when he is obviously out of it, pictures of the really messy state he was living in. Living in a mansion, scads of money, a staff of security, maids, nannys, a chef - and he kept his family at bay I assume - nobody cared about him but his children who knew no better than the strange life they lived. And it took a greedy doctor who seems just as strange to be responsible for his death.

:takeabow:
MJ had been hiding medical info for years. Many suspected drug use because, like him or not, he did have strange behaviors. He had the money to buy privacy concerning his many surgeries, concerning his wives and children. It is rather sad now that he is dead that recordings are played when he is obviously out of it, pictures of the really messy state he was living in. Living in a mansion, scads of money, a staff of security, maids, nannys, a chef - and he kept his family at bay I assume - nobody cared about him but his children who knew no better than the strange life they lived. And it took a greedy doctor who seems just as strange to be responsible for his death.

:takeabow:

Well said!!!!!!!!

IS discussing 'shoddy' investigative work, however no one mentions that this was NOT a crime scene at the time. I'm sure there is a different approach once a crime has been classed a homicide.

Thanks Isabelle for bringing this up. At the time, no one in LA had a clue a crime had been committed.
jmo

I work with forensic psychiatrists and none of our patients ever refused to sign a consent form.

Hearing Dr. Murray say Michael refused to allow him access to his past and current medical records and was noncompliant could be false information and that is why all requests for medical information need to be in writing.

Seems like the Hippa laws would require it. (??)

Being a psych nurse for 29 years, I've also worked the substance abuse/detox units.
If MJ were AS addicted to drugs as some suspect... I think that there would've been more in his system at autopsy.

As someone else said here, drug addicts take whatever is available to them.
They forget what, when, and how much of the drug was last taken.

I think that MJ became physically & mentally troubled AFTER CM became his private medical doctor.

MJ's manager and others, at the rehearsals days before MJ's death, noticed that MJ was not well.
They adsked for a conference with CM. They asked that a blood test be done on MJ, to see what was wrong with him.

CM refused both a conference & a blood (drug?) test.

As a doctor, CM has never acted ethically in treating MJ.

Even if MJ were addicted or needed to be weaned/detoxed off meds... CM should've known that he (MJ) needed to be in a hospital or highly supervised, facility, with nurses & doctors keeping track of his vital signs, his reactions, AND his physical & mental status at all times.

If MJ refused to go to a hospital or other controlled setting, he could've been papered as a danger to himself.

What made me wonder if Conrad Murray was also abusing drugs was mainly the way his eyes looked on days three and four of the trial which is when I started watching. He looked like he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. Of course that could be because of stress and lack of sleep. The other thing that made me wonder was his reckless behavior. I wouldn't take chances like he did with a human patient with my birds. I don't think he wanted Michael dead, Michael was supposed to be his way to get money and babes. Even setting aside the fact that he's a human being, I assume he was important to Dr. Murray for self-serving reasons. So why the recklessness? Of course that is not proof of drug use - it just makes me wonder if there is any evidence of it. It's not unheard of for a doctor to have this kind of problem, I don't know that any such thing took place, it's just a thought that made me curious.

Back in session. Murray's police interview tape playing.

I take it from all the pics we've seen put into evidence this morning that MJ didn't even allow a housekeeper or maid or cleaning person up to his bedroom/bathroom area?

Thanks Amity for bringing up the subject of the room labled as MJ's bedroom. I think a better description would be bedroom/treatment room.

This is my first trip to this thread. I have been sneaking a peak at the trial when I can. But the only way I can sum up this trial is with the word - Pitiful.

Here we have a man on trail whose ultimate sentence will be four (4) years. MJ is dead. He's not coming back. And I see this trial as something that will bring out only strange stories about MJ, how he conducted his life and uncover another example of how superstars with money can buy a doctor who will bend to the will of the patient instead of follow the guidelines of the safe practice of medicine. It happens over and over again.

I'm a fan of MJ's genius, but when it comes to common sense, who does this? Who spends their night hooked up to an IV receiving medication to help you sleep when it really is a drug used to put you under for surgery. Isn't this bizarre to anyone else?

Meanwhile, while MJ and his doctor are in session in his bedroom, downstairs are MJ's children. He was their father. What does this say about his parenting skills? He should be enjoying them. Spending time with them. I bet, they were told never, never to enter that room. Didn't they wonder what was going on when a doctor comes and spends the night in a bedroom with your dad. How do they handle this imformation?

All the while, MJ's family sits in court where I think every day will bring forth some tidbit about MJ that will be unpleasant and uncomfortable for them to hear.

If MJ did have a sleep problem, this is not how it should be treated. He wanted this drug, why else would he hire a doctor who would go along with this strange treatment. We don't know how many doctors he shopped until he found Dr. Murray.

As you can see, this entire event leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. I wish MJ could just rest in peace. This trial is doing nothing for justice for anyone involved.

jmo

I guess I was going down the street of they might want to see if he was on anything that impaired his judgement and ability to give MJ the care that was expect and paid for......but like I said that would be a moot point as I forgot that Dr Murray didnt come in for 2 day's after MJ's death so I was going up a one way street that hit a dead end.:banghead:

Funny thing as a home health RN, if someone hits me from behind while I'm driving my car I have to be drug tested within the hour!

Michael's autopsy report indicates the IV was inserted into Michael's right leg by his kneecap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back