CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reminded of the Samantha Runnion case where she was snatched by Avila from the front yard while under her grandmother's care. It was mentioned many times that "if only" she had watched more carefully.....
It crosses everyone's mind-but in this case and in that case it seems as if reasonable care was taken and there is no issue with negligence. Bad things happen even under the tightest supervision.

So, let's not derail this topic with blame placing on Rebecca as it relates to the care of Max. Those that feel it is her fault-that's fine most of you have made your point and it is posted.
But we are not going to make it a talking point in this thread. Whatever really happened is a tragedy no matter how you slice it-so let's move on from blaming Rebecca it is just not constructive at this point. If that changes for some reason-the discussion may roll with that in the future.

I find it surprising to hear this staircase described as dangerous, when it's typical of many staircases in many houses.

just throwing this out there, pretty off the wall, don't believe it myself but it's a thought i had just now reading this: maybe "can he save her" is referring to god saving her soul in some way? i dunno. i was listening to hln earlier and someone said that rebecca believed people who commit suicide go to hell. not sure where they got that info, i guess the family.

I had a hard time seeing how a 6 year old running and being able to trip over a railing. Pretty insane

I have a six year old and running down halls as he does ,unless the railing broke I do not know how without a trampoline it would work.

I need a computer animation of that.

So if he was tossed over ,by whomever and rebecca saw it or knew it ,and was so hurt by his death but felt Max was saved for earthly pain,.. whoever tossed him over the rail saved him and he might redeem her in the afterlife?

How can a rope from the garage have only Rebecca's DNA on it? Who took it out of the package? Wound it up?? Put it on the shelf in the garage?? IF that is even where it really came from.

With every post, it reminds me more and more of the JonBenet Ramsey murder.

Maybe SHE took it out of the package. I needed a rope last weekend for the first time I can remember. Found one in the garage shelf that was still in the plastic wrapper. Maybe she did the same thing.

Inobu, what do you think about the direction of the rope now?

I find it surprising to hear this staircase described as dangerous, when it's typical of many staircases in many houses.

I could be wrong, but from my vantage point in the pictures I have seen it is a very high staircase. Being a 27 room mansion,built at the turn of the century, I am going to guess that the ceilings are very high. This is NOT your average typical staircase. imoo

We have a two story home but the second floor landing does not open onto a marble floor from an extreme height.

I grew up with very steep stairs in our house and there were 8 of us kids...nearly all of us went headlong down the stairs at some point, and the landing was stone at the bottom...so we were just lucky I guess. But of course, nowadays, kids can't have accidents, it seems, because everything moment is meant to be monitored. I don't think my mom was anything but a great mom, but she could not be everywhere at once. Even if Rebecca was right behind him, ready to go down the stairs, he still could have fallen. JMO

I had a hard time seeing how a 6 year old running and being able to trip over a railing. Pretty insane

I have a six year old and running down halls as he does ,unless the railing broke I do not know how without a trampoline it would work.

I need a computer animation of that.

So if he was tossed over ,by whomever and rebecca saw it ,and was so hurt by his death but felt Max was saved for earthly pain,.. whoever tossed him over the rail saved him and he might redeem her in the afterlife?

They did mention today that a part of the stair railing is only 20 inches high on one step. I believe they said it was at the top part of the steps leading down to the main floor and that is the side he was found on I believe. Its a wonder the chandelier didn't come down on top of him but they said his body was by the chandelier that had been ripped away from the ceiling when the chain broke.

IMO

Didn't I read earlier today that there was other DNA on the rope, but LE could not identify it? Perhaps that came from the family.

In the PC they said they found no other DNA but Rebecca's on the rope or the knife that was used.

IMO

I could be wrong, but from my vantage point in the pictures I have seen it is a very high staircase. Being a 27 room mansion,built at the turn of the century, I am going to guess that the ceilings are very high. This is NOT your average typical staircase. imoo

We have a two story home but the second floor landing does not open onto a marble floor from an extreme height.

Actually, what bothers me more than anything, is the LE graphic which indicates, to me, a "figure" that appears to be more the size of an adult than a child. So I'm not laying judgment on whatever happened -- I just find that the figure appeared in height to be more of an adult than a child. Can't figure out how he went over the thing being the height he was?

Maybe I missed it but has it been established that the mansion flooring in the foyer/grand staircase area was marble or any type of stone?

TIA

I'm still catching up. I have more questions now than ever. Today did not clear things up in my mind.

My friend heard that the 13 yr. old was taking a shower, and RZ was in the bathroom when MS had the accident.

Her Question - how did the 13 yr. old end up making the first 911 call if she was just getting out of the shower when RZ was the one that got to MS first?

You know, I didn't ever question MS accident much until today. I can't imagine how he went flying that way from being tripped by a dog or whatever.

I'm still catching up. I have more questions now than ever. Today did not clear things up in my mind.

My friend heard that the 13 yr. old was taking a shower, and RZ was in the bathroom when MS had the accident.

Her Question - how did the 13 yr. old end up making the first 911 call if she was just getting out of the shower when RZ was the one that got to MS first?

You know, I didn't ever question MS accident much until today. I can't imagine how he went flying that way from being tripped by a dog or whatever.

I can't even figure out who the 13 year old is. RN's sister? JS' daughter from the first marriage?

Maybe I missed it but has it been established that the mansion flooring in the foyer/grand staircase area was marble?

TIA

No,LE said it was carpeted but there was a concrete floor underneath.

It was the tremendous force that bent his head back when he hit the floor head first that caused his death.

IMO

still no links to the PC? i have been searching but all i can find are little clips. how long was it?

Maybe I missed it but has it been established that the mansion flooring in the foyer/grand staircase area was marble or any type of stone?

TIA

In the pictures posted here previously the entry floors looked like marble.

ETA: I just saw that those are older pictures, the newer ones show carpeting.

They did mention today that a part of the stair railing is only 20 inches high on one step. I believe they said it was at the top part of the steps leading down to the main floor and that is the side he was found on I believe. Its a wonder the chandelier didn't come down on top of him but they said his body was by the chandelier that had been ripped away from the ceiling when the chain broke.

IMO

First off, there is NO railing that would be 20" high regardless of when this house was built. 42" high is the standard today for a balcony rail and in the old days it was 36" high. Now, perhaps if one were at the balcony and flew off to the side down the stairs, it could be construed that it was only 20" high from balcony to stair side. Sorry, this sounds confusing, but when I first heard this -- I knew if was not correct. This stairway sounds to be normal for a home of any age so I'm not quite getting the LE report nor the posts about how dangerous this stairwell was (not trying to bring that up again - just giving my architectural input). How poor Maxie went down is puzzling for sure but I think the stair is or normal configuration.

First off, there is NO railing that would be 20" high regardless of when this house was built. 42" high is the standard today for a balcony rail and in the old days it was 36" high. Now, perhaps if one were at the balcony and flew off to the side down the stairs, it could be construed that it was only 20" high from balcony to stair side. Sorry, this sounds confusing, but when I first heard this -- I knew if was not correct. This stairway sounds to be normal for a home of any age so I'm not quite getting the LE report nor the posts about how dangerous this stairwell was (not trying to bring that up again - just giving my architectural input). How poor Maxie went down is puzzling for sure but I think the stair is or normal configuration.

I dont really know. That is just what they said.

Maybe the steps had been rebuilt and were higher than normal and then the carpeting was very thick which would also raise the steps up.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member