OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimster wow, someone certainly didn't like this guy. Girlfriends ex? Former business partner? Interesting.

Did this guy have a cell phone?

I haven't read about his cell, no. I think we'll have to wait for Missingmydad to return and help us with more info at this point.

My dad was murdered May 14, 2009. After 3 days of us hunting for him, he was found shot and dumped into a strip pit.No known enemies, local business owner his entire life. Very well like & respected in this community. Would anyone please take a look at any of the articles regarding his murder and see if anyone has any ideas? Joe Neff, Poteau, Oklahoma. Channel 40/29 Hometown News & Poteau Daily News & Sun has covered this story from day 1. His murder was a week and a half after the other unsolved murder of Jody Rilee Wilson in Heavener. As of yesterday the LE brought in 2 FBI 2 US Marshalls 2 more OSBI They formed a new task force to solve these 2 unsolved murders. Lets hope we get some answers.
Bless your heart missingmydad,what is a strip pit?you have came to the right place the people here are fantastic they will gladly help any way they can.

Welcome Missingmydad to WS.

Poteau, OK population is about 8000.

http://www.4029tv.com/video/21108655/index.html
video

http://www.4029tv.com/news/21108591/detail.html
'snipped

It can be frustrating after a point in time, but you just have to keep working at it for two reasons," said LeFlore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt. "We want to get justice for the deceased and their family."

Pitchford said her father deserves to rest in peace because in life he was not just a business man, but was someone everyone knew and could count.

"He was the go to guy if you needed anything," Pitchford said. "I don't care if it was a car, if it was money or food on Sundays."

Pitchford said returning to her father's business would be too difficult, which is why the family decided to put the saloon up for sale.

The family has setup a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of his killer. Anyone with information is asked to call the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations at 1-800-522-8017 or the LeFlore County Sheriff's Department at 918-647-2317. The family said all calls will be kept confidential.

Pitchford said returning to her father's business would be too difficult, which is why the family decided to put the saloon up for sale.

Thanks for posting the link Dream.

My question, before the bar gets sold, is the family sure everything has been done inside to find out what happened?

My dad was murdered May 14, 2009. After 3 days of us hunting for him, he was found shot and dumped into a strip pit.No known enemies, local business owner his entire life. Very well like & respected in this community. Would anyone please take a look at any of the articles regarding his murder and see if anyone has any ideas? Joe Neff, Poteau, Oklahoma. Channel 40/29 Hometown News & Poteau Daily News & Sun has covered this story from day 1. His murder was a week and a half after the other unsolved murder of Jody Rilee Wilson in Heavener. As of yesterday the LE brought in 2 FBI 2 US Marshalls 2 more OSBI They formed a new task force to solve these 2 unsolved murders. Lets hope we get some answers.

Welcome to the forum, I know of your dad's case from your posts on Topix in Jody's threads.
I'm sorry your dad was taken from you.

Can you do us a favor? Can you google map the area he was found? I tried and am not seeing what you see.

It's possible I'm going to email you.

This definately sounds like the perp is someone who knows Mr. Neff's business (safe at house).

Did someone know about his safe?

My guess is yes; people probably knew about the safe.
This is just assumption.
We had a floor safe at our gas station; wasn't a secret.
At one time I had a floor safe in my own house; again, not a secret.

Have they determined what happened to Jody Wilson?

No, a few of us have been working on it.
I've been sifting through 400+ posts at Topix.
There are lots of questions with Jody, yet not many facts.

One of the articles said that he hadn't had any recent problems with bar patrons at all. I also read a comment that he only served beer at the bar. It looks like they injured him at the bar and then took him to his house to get into the safe.

Hopefully his daughter will post where his house was in relation to everything else.

Case summary: Police were called to Neff’s Long Branch Saloon off U.S. 59 on May 14 after a friend of Neff’s found a lot of blood, as well as Neff’s straw hat and cigarette lighter. Three days later fishermen found Neff’s body in an old mining strip 12 miles north near Pocola. He had been killed by a gunshot wound to the head. No arrests have been made.

Read more: http://newsok.com/some-oklahoma-homicide-cases-linger-but-arent-cold/article/3406134#ixzz0WFe8Ja8Z

I can't find a Davis Rd, only a Davis Street.
Would like to map this.

Hadn't seen the article of the 2 little girls.

I wonder if any of the bullets in these cases match.

Wed May 13, 2009: Joe’s GF goes to Long Branch Saloon (Joe’s business) at 68155 US 59, near Poteau, OK and finds signs of a violent crime that includes blood. LE discovers money taken from a safe in his home.

Thursday May 14, 2009 at 9AM: Joe seen in a local store per a female friend.

Friday May 15, 2009: LE performs ground search and spends time at Joe’s home

Sunday May 17, 2009: Two fishermen find Joe in a strip pit off Davis Road in Pocola.

Okay, is it just me or is this really weird?

I hope LE has nailed down this female friend to see if she has her dates wrong.

If she is not mistaken about the day, then was he beat up when she saw him? With anyone? Looking distressed? What was he buying?

Because a violent, bloody altercation had taken place the day before at the bar! Have they determined that it is his blood?

I just don't understand how he could be in a store acting normally and not all beat up the day after they find that scene. This needs to be looked into. And hopefully there is surveillance video at that store.

((((((((((((Missmydad)))))))))))))

Welcome to websleuths. I hope we can help you get justice for your dad:blowkiss:

If she is not mistaken about the day, then was he beat up when she saw him? With anyone? Looking distressed? What was he buying?

Because a violent, bloody altercation had taken place the day before at the bar! Have they determined that it is his blood?

I just don't understand how he could be in a store acting normally and not all beat up the day after they find that scene. This needs to be looked into. And hopefully there is surveillance video at that store.

IMO, she has her dates wrong. She probably saw him the same day the crime scene was found. Makes no sense otherwise.

The biggest question I would have is if the blood in the bar is determined to be Joe's?

Could it be possible that the perp first encountered Mr Neff at his home and then took him to the bar for more money? With Mr. Neff being shot in the head this would seem a possibility.

Where was his girlfriend when all this went down? Did she live with him or had her own place?

If the girlfriend went to the bar at noon, then what time had Mr. Neff gone there?

I am really sorry for your loss missingmydad. Much love and prayers to you and your family.

How many people did this bar employ? I see that there were security cameras at the bar but one of the above articles mentioned they haven't been viewed yet. Has that since happned? When I worked at a bar, we all knew where the security cameras where, how to disable them or where to stand / walk if we didn't want the cameras to see what we were doing. I realize that sounds rather nefarious but there were a couple of times we wanted to avoid the cameras if we were sneaking a smoke after hours while cleaning up.

What about bar regulars? Most bars have a loyal group of regulars who notice anything or anyone out of the norm. I didn't have a bouncer where I worked, and the regulars really looked out for me and alerted me to any potential issues I might not have been aware of. I see that his girlfriend was an employee. Is there anyone who may have been angered by their relationship? How were the bar's financials - any unpaid debts? How about any recent work done in the bar - anyone new coming in and out like construction workers working on something, electritions? beer, food or equipment distributors? Plumbers, inspectors, or exterminators? Did the bar play music or have a jukebox? If so, who maintained that?

While I think the topix comment should be looked into, I find many topix posters just spew trollish nonsense to rile people up.

Snipped comment Missingmydad post #22

The owner of the property lives by the entrance. He sees all that goes on there. If you did not know it was there you could not find it. It is not visable from the road.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Type in Davis Rd.(runs horizontally) or Melvin S****, the owner. It looks as if you are in a small plane over it. Looking at your screen the strip pit rd on your left, his driveway and home on your right, vertically. You can see the one on left curves around and you can see the water and trees and bushes. Thats where he was was found. Someone out there knows something

http://www.topix.com/city/poteau-ok...ay-13-2009-found/p2?threadid=9EFNOG79QCACVEB9

******************************************************************************************************

Here is a map of the general area where he was found according to Missingmydad above comment the address would be 1500 Davis St,Pocola, OK 74902:
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Great posts that have been adding since I was here at midnight! I have to be gone for much of the day and am anxious to see what else you guys bring up and hopefully Missingmydad will have a chance to return.

I'm not a psychic in any way, but for some reason, the missing OK family was buzzing around my head last night...and then now I find out they were that close? Do we have a serial killer in the area???

EXACTLY what I was thinking. This info or date HAS to be wrong.

ETA: if his COD was a bullet to the head, then the blood at the bar would seem to be from a physical altercation whether before or after the home visit. He looks pretty tough...wonder if they typed all the blood? Also wonder when he was last seen vs this all found, and does he have any male inlaws or other family....anyone he's maybe had to throw out of the bar, any sour business deal....kinda need to know that stuff....if we get motive, we have man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea