Steph Watts last-minute defense witness

cecybeans

Reaction score
Well this looks sleazy. JB trying to impugn CA's claim about the pool ladder on cross regarding her meeting with Mark Fuhrman and Steve Watts.

He needs an extra day to prepare for a witness that has been on the SA list forever but he can spring this on them?

Does anybody think his testimony will even count?

--------------------------------------

Anthony's defense team has added journalist, blogger and TV personality Stephen Watts to its defense list, court records show.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28083833/detail.html

It's Steph Watts, isn't it?

aha, ignore, didn't realise his full name was Stephen (LOL those media types)

I like Steph but I don't think his testimony is going to count. I could probably go back through all his blog talk radio shows and try and find if/when he ever said that about the ladder.

Thanks beans.. JB better have something good cuz he is already lookin like a DUM-DUM. He needs a rope to git outta the hole he has dug---he better hope Watts isnt just a bigger shovel

I think it's going to come too little and too late. Once the SA's are done presenting their case and JB finally is able to even call witnesses he's going to fall flat IMO! He doesn't even have anyone besides Watts to call for the DT does he? I think he is just mostly recalling the states wittnesses, he even lost most of his forensic people!

IMO by the time he even gets around to calling him the jury will already have ICA halfway down the hall to the death chamber.

I believe his name is Steph as in the pronunciation, "Steff". I don't think it matters what Cindy might have told him. Afterall, just because he worked for FoxNews at the time, it doesn't make him more credible than anyone else. imo.

The story about the ladder has been repeated enough to enough people, that it just is a moot point, imo. And, it was told to the police early on, I think. Long before Steph and Mark intruded.

Cindy found the ladder moved, and the side gate unlocked. Probably on the night of June 16th. The day that Casey returned to the house and drowned little Caylee in the pool, and then took her out the side gate to get to the side door into the garage and put her in Casey's car.

Didn't want to get water throughout the house, so went the quick way. Then she left with Caylee in the back of her car. No one saw her. I think the "packaging" came later.

But what Steph says won't matter.

I think Casey just plain drowned her, held her head underwater long enough to kill her. I really don't think chloroform was involved. JMO.

There seems to be two different accounts of what Cindy actually said about the ladder.

From Steph Watts blog, May 24th, 2011:

Steph Watts - But here’s what strange. I remember being in the house shortly after this story broke, myself and Mark Fuhrman. George and Cindy were taking us on a detailed tour of the house including the backyard where they let very few, other reporters in. They showed us the towering bamboo, the shed that investigators had moved, the gates and 3 other sheds that George says were always locked and most importantly the pool. It was an above ground pool, and Cindy commented, in detail that she remembers that she had left the ladder down the dy after Fathers Day. She was very clear about this as she stated that she always left the ladder up, so Caylee couldn’t get up it but she remembered that day that she forgot, and had left it down.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

On the Record w/Greta - "Behind the CSI Return to Caylee's Grandparents House" 08/06/2008:

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE
: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself. Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday. Nobody swam there on Monday. And then Tuesday morning, they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

The problem I see with this alleged remembrance is the up and down. Steph is saying that the ladder when in the safety position is up. Some pools have a pool ladder that locks up.

Cindy said the ladder actually disconnected.

~~Per JB's words not mine Isn't he`just a no life blogger?`
ETA Isn't that hearsay?`

We know the ladder disconnected because we saw pictures of it at the time, in those Greta interviews. I think we saw it in the place where they put it when it wasn't being used with the pool. It was away and near the house, as I recall.

MF and SW are obviously talking about the same visit to the Anthony's house. They went together and CA talked to them at the same time but they came away with two different versions. MF's version was documented way back in Aug. 2008. Either SW misinterpeted what CA was saying that day or his memory is off. CA says the ladder was up on the pool on the 17th and MF states that's what she told him in Aug., 2008

The State will be able to poke so much doubt into this. Unless Steph can prove that he said this in August 2008 this up and down is so much different than the disconnect the bottom steps of the pool that everyone has heard right along. Baez is grasping.

The problem I see with this alleged remembrance is the up and down. Steph is saying that the ladder when in the safety position is up. Some pools have a pool ladder that locks up.

Cindy said the ladder actually disconnected.
Yes, Cindy said to SW that she left the ladder down. To me this means down on the ground and not up on the pool. I think SW misinterpeted her meaning of "down" and thought she was saying that she forgot to take the ladder away from the pool.

Steph seems not to grasp the difference between UP and DOWN. He is totally confusing me.

On my daughter's pool when not in use the ladder folds up at the top of the pool so that the steps are now pointed upward and locks in place.

Cindy did not appear to have this type of locking up ladder. It sounds to me like their ladder for safety disconnected at the point where it would reach the platform at the tip of the pool. She stated they lay it beside the pool.

That is far different than a locking up ladder which it appears is what Steph is stating he understood. I think he got it entirely backwards.

They should specify the ladder was off or on, not up or down. lol I've seen a lot of confusion about this today. mo

Well this looks sleazy. JB trying to impugn CA's claim about the pool ladder on cross regarding her meeting with Mark Fuhrman and Steve Watts.

He needs an extra day to prepare for a witness that has been on the SA list forever but he can spring this on them?

Does anybody think his testimony will even count?

--------------------------------------

Anthony's defense team has added journalist, blogger and TV personality Stephen Watts to its defense list, court records show.

http://www.wesh.com/r/28083833/detail.html

Sheesh! I wish HHJP could <modsnip> JB just like he did today when he didn't (or claimed) have the file on AH. I don't believe him for one second where that file is concerned. He had it. He just wasn't prepared (surprise surprise). He will go home tonight and rehearse in the mirror for his cross tomorrow.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

FUHRMAN: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me (sic) ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

Thursday, August 07, 2008

I would take that information which was reported at the time.

~~Per JB's words not mine Isn't he`just a no life blogger?`
ETA Isn't that hearsay?`

Oh....there are lots of no life bloggers according to the DT. Some serve a purpose (like getting a Judge to recuse himself)....some give the DT ideas (hmmmmmmmmmmm)...some praise JB's choice of pocket accoutrements.....

It's all about self serving scenarios.

I wonder if SW contacted JB with this information or if JB is still cruising the blogs for his defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back