LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
about a minute ago
According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings, according to her sister, Charlie.

But Mickey Does have piercings...Hmmm,...Poor reporting?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120608/NEWS01/206080323/-Encouraged-by-findings

I know that link has been posted, but I found this interesting:

"John Abdella said Thursday he received a tip from a "good source" with descriptions of two people involved in Lafayette incidents similar to the Shunick case. The tip reinforces Abdella's sense that two people were involved in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student's disappearance."

Incidents similar to the Shunick case??

Good catch.

That's not nearly as encouraging as witnesses to whatever happened to Mickey.

What other incidents lately in Lafayette have been similar to Mickey's case?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120608/NEWS01/206080323/-Encouraged-by-findings

"John Abdella said Thursday he received a tip from a "good source" with descriptions of two people involved in Lafayette incidents similar to the Shunick case. The tip reinforces Abdella's sense that two people were involved in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student's disappearance."

Hmm...this is interesting. As I don't know of anyone else missing in Lafayette in a similar case to MS. This leads me to believe they know a LOT more about the case than they have let on, and might even have some of it on video.

Good catch.

I would like to know too! Obviously there hasn't been anything else of this magnitude...the only person that publicly spoke up about experiencing anything (that I can recall) was TP. But, there could have been some unreported incidents.

If there really are known POI's...there might be ping evidence telling where they went with Mickey...

I totally get what you're saying but I won't raise my children to be afraid. That's no kind of life. I know the whole reason we have come together on this site is because of tragedy but I won't live in fear.

No, Laffytaffy, we can't live our lives in fear, nor teach our children to be afraid. But we can teach them safety tips, prevention, and awareness.
We can also expect Public Safety & Justice system officials to be well trained and to provide a safe environment for our families.

There are at least two cameras there, as well. One facing the parking lot/street. They may have identified the car/occupants by ATM transaction?
Sorry, it takes for-EVer to catch up on posts. And this will sound stupid, since it's prob already been discussed & I just missed it:
when I looked at the 'Cathedral-Carmel' pic a long while back, & again this am, along with that stationary car I keep seeing a person walking on the road?? Am I seeing things that aren't there? I'm sure I'm seeing wrong, b/c if it were there. Y'all would have already spotted it. Is that the 'Mickey stopping' that's being referred to & I just see it wrong?

I would like to know too! Obviously therce hasn't been anything else of this magnitude...the only person that publicly spoke up about experiencing anything (that I can recall) was TP. But, there could have been some unreported incidents.

There could have been abductions of high risk women whose stories weren't reported by the news. Unfortunately, many times those go unnoticed. Most of the women murdered by Sean Gillis in BR weren't publicly reported. The police knew something was up, but didn't tell the public.

Good catch.

Wonder if it's women on bikes approached by a male(s)??

Wonder if it's women on bikes approached by a male(s)??

I was thinking along the same lines. Not that there were prior incidents that were exactly like this one, but maybe there is some aspect of it that is the same. Prior women on bikes assaulted, run off the road or prior incidents at the same location regardless of bikes. Some thread of this incident, not the entire picture, that resonates with prior incidents.

Did TES finally make it back? TIA

CS confirmed on her FB page that the torso found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey.

No, Laffytaffy, we can't live our lives in fear, nor teach our children to be afraid. But we can teach them safety tips, prevention, and awareness.
We can also expect Public Safety & Justice system officials to be well trained and to provide a safe environment for our families.

I don't want to raise my children to live in fear either, but I can't raise them to not be cautious either. I've been having to really work on my 4 yr old with talking and waving to strangers. I love that she is outgoing and friendly, but she needs to understand that there are bad people out there. She doesn't need to know the details, but I don't want her thinking everyone can be trusted. Sometimes being a bit paranoid can serve a purpose.

On another note...she heard me telling my mom about Mickey being abducted from Lafayette riding her bike at night and she asked why she was riding at night. Then, she told me that no one took her, it was a tornado. Seriously?! A tornado. No DWTIQ. We've all been wrong. It was a tornado and she is in Oz somewhere.

Possibly some concerns over her friends list being made public. If she was stalked, and someone who was involved with foul play suspects said friends could tip off LE or the PI as to their identities, perhaps those evildoers would consider stalking and harming others as well.

I keep my friends list private and make myself un-searchable...you just never know what kind of whack-nut is watching.

me too

I read The Advertiser's article this morning, but also watched John Abdella's interview on KLFY last night.... he does not say the same thing. I trust the KLFY video interview over these quotations at The Advertiser, I think it was an error / misquote.
http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/missing-mickey-shunick

Good catch.

The Tasha Patterson incident, perhaps?

CS confirmed on her FB page that the torso found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey.

I think it was only in the comments section from yesterday's posting, so it's tough to find.

Last time I looked, that's where it was. Maybe she's addressed it on her wall by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member