TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the welcome Jules :)

For me, I don't know about the rest of you, but I noticed that the picture of Deanna at I believe age 11 to the most recent picture at I believe age 13 (correct me if I am wrong) she changed quite a bit in the face. She looks to have grown up pretty quickly body maturing wise even her face didn't have that baby face I hope that makes sense. I do think that the way she looks today could be quite different. With Jaycee I never saw her age progressed picture, I only saw the picture of her as a child to after they found her and for her it was remarkable how she still looked almost exactly the same as when she was a child just with darker hair. But for me I do not feel like that would quite be the case with Deanna just because she did change so much in the two years between the photos that we have seen of her JMO :) For that reason I agree with Sunnie, there definitely should be a progression done between you Missie and Bekki, maybe even Amy along with Deanna. Couldn't hurt to try! Missie I know that you all had different fathers, but you just never know, that could be what turns out that finds her!

Welcome Tabikat! I agree with you. To me, Deanna does look older, and from everything we have heard, I feel like she acted older too. Great questions, and I am curious to hear Missie's point of view on this!

great suggestions you guys! i would love to have photos of the sisters to use in age progressions. i used ashley simpson a little bit because her childhood pics looked a lot like deanna's childhood pics. i also have a friend who looks a lot like deanna in the group family picture and that has helped. the older pic of deanna is tough to compare because the angle of her head is so different than the group picture, but it also helped nail down some characteristics of her jawline and slant of her eyes. her eys slant almost like ann coulter's eyes (before plastic surgery). deanna's school photo was used for the first progression above. i know the progressions all look a lot different, but i think they make sense. i'd love feedback from missy about which she likes the most...or if all 3 are important.

oh, and the way deanna's nose looks in the head back photo reminds me of jennifer anniston's nose

Hi ALL, just stumbled in oh about 5 hrs ago, and read the threads here.

I live 20 mins from Killeen and would help with a vigil for Deanna.

Another thought... the local televison NEWs stations are
kwtx(channel 10 cbs)
kcentv (channel 6 nbc)
kxxv(channel 25 abc)

Maybe if they were contacted they might run a story. I can not remember which one, but a few yrs ago, one of them did a story on a father and daughter being reunited. My pick would be kwtx first, then kxxv. IF we could get it on Kwtx, then they also have a comment section where people can go in and make comments online. I think CALLING the tv stations would be better then email!! (mho)

Also I am going to post on my face book with links back to Deannas pictures. Most of my HS friends would have been partying in Killeen in 1990(we graduated in 91 and are from Belton) I had the thought maybe if she was going "clubbing" they might recognize her..long shot I figure but worth a try. It wasnt near as hard as it should have been for a minor to get in the killeen/harker height bars. Or can I "borrow" one of her pics from the site and post it on my FB?

As I stated let me know if I can help, as I am local. I do not know many people in actual Killeen, but I do have contacts and friends all the way around Killeen,(Temple Belton, HH, Nolanville, Cove and Gatesville)

Night all I started reading at around 11ish and it is now 413 am..ughh I will be checking in.

I have been thinking about this all...all day. I was thinking and would be willing to help, put a vigil together in Killeen. I was thinking July 22 2010 would be a great day. I have a few connections there, and have already been asking around to see if my connections can use their connection to help find a place to hold a vigil. If anyone is intersted please let me know. I dont have alot of funds, but I can help plan and make contacts. I think a vigil would help in two ways, it would honor Deanna and her families efforts, AND it would get her story out. We could get news coverage if we held a vigil.

I have also been wondering if we locals could come up with some fund raising ideas before the (possible vigil) and maybe use them for a reward and also possibly hire a PI. Somewhere in my records there is a PI (in San Antonion), that specializes in this kind of cold case/missing persons type stuff. I also believe from what I read they do these kinds of cases at a reduced fee.. I will post their infor for Missie and those close to her to check out.

Here are some links that may help also..

http://www.unthumanid.org/Forensics/Initiative/Information.cfm

TEXAS Center for the Missing
http://www.texascenterforthemissing.org/oldsite/about-us.asp

Here is one of the websites for that PI I mentioned earlier
http://www.unsolvedcrimes.com/index.html
http://www.find-anyone.com/

I dont want to be presumptious ar just interject myself in here, but I do want to help. I have helped before with fund raisers, and thoguh it has been awhile I was pretty good at it the last time..lol

So let me know if any of this sounds doable, and where I can help.

Thank you for your suggestions! I too would love to see a vigil for Deanna, and agree that July 22 would be a great day. I know Missie has been really busy, but after the holidays I am hoping Missie will be back and we can start 2010 fresh with a goal of finding Deanna!!

I LOVE your ideas!!

Followed the link in julessleuther's thread this morning and read through everything. I'm amazed at how much grace and strength Missie has shown all through this ordeal. My prayers to you and your family for answers soon.

I had a couple of thoughts on the 1995 sighting.

One is that my name etc. are in the records of the police in Waltham, Massachusetts, because I was a witness to a fairly serious traffic accident. Even being involved in a traffic accident wouldn't count as a criminal matter but would definitely get the police involved. Maybe something similar happened to Deanna.

The other: the fact that the case was closed in 1995 makes me wonder whether Deanna contacted the police in Hurst, identified herself to their satisfaction, and told them she was fine, had left of her own free will, and that was that? Inadequate record-keeping might have obscured some of that information.

I think Mia's idea of a vigil for Deanna is excellent too. Holding a vigil would be a good way to get into a local paper and as Mia suggested, a local TV station could be contacted to do some coverage of the vigil, plus by covering the vigil the paper/TV station would have to reccount some of the details about Deanna's disapperence that might even jog some people's memories.

I agree Phoebe-I would love for us to do that this year! I know Missie has been so busy, I hope she has time soon to come talk to us and give us an update!

Hey guys!

I have a possible new lead and need some hellp researching this further.

There is a Deanna Rae C. in KY, who is the same age as Deanna. On search databases, it lists Killeen, TX, and Catlettsburg, KY as residences. (Clarkston is the last name)

I am looking for any facebook, myspace etc., photo of this person, as well as high school/college info. Can anyone help??

Thank you! Can you see if you can find any information about a D. Clarkston from KY(see above for full name). A photo from facebook or somewhere would be a nice plus!!

I can help...

I'm new to this thread/forum but read through the entire thing last night. Thought i'd help out and search a bit on facebook/myspace. Didn't find any Deanna R. Clarkston but did come across a Deanna Michelle Clarkson from Morgantown, WV. Her FB is private and no picture is shown and she have very few friends(17). The friends that she does have seem to be like they would be around the right age as DM would be. Has this lady been brought up before? I don't remember seeing the name.

Found some more info, so I don't think it's her. Her age is listed at 40 and is married to a Gerald Clarkson and it doesn't look like they've both ever lived outside of WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288