GUILTY CT - Aaden Moreno, 7 mos, thrown from bridge, Middletown, 5 July 2015

luckyseven

Reaction score
Silver alert issued for missing baby near Connecticut River
July 6, 2015, 12:50 pm

snipped
A search is currently underway in the Connecticut River to try and locate a 7-month-old boy. The baby was believed to be with his father, who jumped from the Arrigoni Bridge Sunday night.

Police have issued a silver alert for 7-month-old Aaden Moreno. He is described as being 28″ tall and weighing 23 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes. Aaden was last seen wearing a white shirt with black stripes and a picture of Mickey Mouse and black pants.

When police arrived at the Arrigoni Bridge they saw Moreno jump, but they did not see a baby with him. Moreno was pulled from the water and taken to Hartford Hospital. Police say Morano is in very serious condition and unable to talk to them at this time.

url.jpg

"We are looking everywhere," said Lt. Heather Desmond, Middletown police. "We have done tracks with our canine from the father's home to here. We are checking the wooded area. Any place that child may be, we're searching for that child."

According to police, the call came in around 11:45 p.m. on Sunday. The person who made the call was on the phone with Moreno when they heard a baby crying in the background of the phone call.

Officers were told the elder Moreno might have a baby with him on the bridge. They said they observed Moreno jump into the Connecticut river, but did not see the child with him.

"The officer was there at the time the father went over the side of the bridge," Desmond confirmed.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/29479869/2015/07/06/man-rescued-from-river-after-jump-from-arrigoni-bridge

what a terrible story... hoping this baby is found alive and well....

Ugh!!! What was going on in the father's life? Any legal issues? Where's the baby's mom? Who last saw him? Was it him crying? I hope dad didn't throw the baby into the water. :tantrum:

oh no!!!!! :(

i think he threw the baby in prior to the officer seeing him :( hate to say it.

This is beyond awful! Where is this precious little boy? Praying he is found.

Heard on the news it is now recovery. He is in the water.

Horrifically sad story. I was actually at a concert that night, and drove over that bridge on my way home just minutes after the father jumped. There were several police officers at the scene peering over the side of the bridge, while a couple others hopped in their cruisers and u-turned on the bridge right in front me and high-tailed it down to the riverside. I figured someone jumped, but never anticipated hearing on the morning news that there was a baby involved.

makes me mad!!! classic case of "well if you leave i will hurt you however i can!" i hope he gets a long time in prison!!!!!

from ants courant article linked above =>

judge Barry C. Pinkus, denied a permanent order after a June 29 hearing.
Mom wrote in the restraining order application that she feared for her child's and her own safety.

"He has told me he could make my son disappear any time of the day," she wrote. "He told me how he could make me disappear told me how he could kill me. I sometimes am scared to sleep. He told me he would put me in the ground and put something on me to make me disintegrate faster."

awful just awful.

so many mothers try to use RO's as a tool against dad that now the mothers w real complaints are not believed.

from ants courant article linked above =>

judge Barry C. Pinkus, denied a permanent order after a June 29 hearing.
Mom wrote in the restraining order application that she feared for her child's and her own safety.

"He has told me he could make my son disappear any time of the day," she wrote. "He told me how he could make me disappear told me how he could kill me. I sometimes am scared to sleep. He told me he would put me in the ground and put something on me to make me disintegrate faster."

I know there is a lot of talk locally about this judge being a disgrace, but I am not ready to blame the judge. We don't know what kind of evidence the mother had to back up her claims, and anyone can take someone to court for anything they want - legitimate or not. It wouldn't be the first time a woman tried to get back at a man by falsely accusing them of being abusive. Sadly, in this case, her claims appear to be true, but we don't know what happened in court. It will be interesting to see if the reason for the denial of the RO comes out.

News outlets are reporting that an infant's body was found in the river. They have not officially confirmed the identity yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back