NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't rule it out, though I think it's more likely related to another person who is known to have been in Las Vegas at the same time as Steven.

that is possible...still turning pieces

I think someone needs to put the screws to the last known person who spoke with him....and that was a cell phone convo, if I recall correctly. Too many coincidences there.

I think the screws have been put to him allready here at WS with nothing resulting. Missing person cases are notorious for finding plenty of dirt but nothing that makes things clean. Just Sayin....

I must be losing it tonight....I am following a number of cases at once so maybe I am forgetting things here. I don't recall Steven's specific cell phone activities as being released to the public, only that his calls were to people he knew who have all checked out.

I have looked at his connections to the public library system. Cell phones and the fact that all of the lds facilities in St George, Mesqete, Overton are with -in walking distance, as being a way to communicate undetected with someone as well as using voicemail. <modsnip>

The pings of his calls are listed in the timeline posted. His movements are listed in the timeline as well.

Please forgive me Im old school and dont get the link/underline/wth /stuff. link .#where.@wear <modsnip> am. I.com

This is the only way I know to move this old post by gsmith. It speaks of
SK parking his car away from a restaurant. This is a "copy and paste" from
March, 2010:

03-03-2010, 03:35 AM
gsmith
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2010

friend of steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a friend of Steven. I met him while working a graveyard shift at FedEx ground a few years ago. I just wanted to share a few things about him. I talked to him last before he moved to St. George.

He is the nicest guy I know. He really couldn't hurt a soul. In fact my mom recently reminded me that when I first met him that I was concerned for his safety because he seemed a bit naive to the evils of the world. He just finds the good in people and I felt someone could take advantage of him.

He was one of my groomsmen. In fact he arrived an hour late to the events even after I reminded him a number of times of the correct place and time. He is very smart but needs time to gather his thoughts. Sometimes he would be in the middle of a story and all of a sudden pause for up to 20 seconds.

I usually hung out with him one on one so we talked about deep subjects. We had similar situations since we both had degrees and worked crappy jobs. He seemed concerned in our conversations that he wouldn't be able to support a family even if he could find the right girl to marry. A year ago I encouraged him to go back to school even if he had to live with his parents to afford it. He didn't like the idea at all. He seemed to not want to live with his parents nor go through the difficulty of school again.

He is very tuned to spiritual matters. Within a year before he moved to St. George he broke up with a girl because he felt god didn't want him to be with her. He was very troubled by it since she was just so perfect for him. During that time he told me he thought he had already missed the chance to be with god's chosen girl for him. He had had the chance but didn't go for her when she was available.

When he moved it was sudden. I didn't get a chance to really say goodbye in person. While down in St. George I called and texted him a few times but never heard from him. I just figured he never got my texts because he complained once how his phone didn't get my texts.

Here are a few other things about him:

He is a great tenis player. I never beat him. He could hit a ball incredibly hard.

He liked to play guitar and sing but I think he realized he wasn't good enough to make a career out of it. I am big into music and recording and he was a bit embarrassed to record.

When we ate out he'd get meals of only a few bucks to save money. He once "splurged" and got an 8 dollar meal at a fastfood place.

Once we met at a restaurant and he parked his car down the block. I thought it was so strange. He said he had missed the turn. I couldn't understand why he didn't just make a U turn since the street wasn't that busy.

During a few conversations with him he expressed the conflict in his mind. He said at times he felt uneasy and anxious with his day to day activities. I remember him saying he was trying a medication to help. It might have been a one time experiment though.

We'd always talk on the phone with a Russian accent. It was silly but it was fun. Steve is such an easy going guy.
He loved going to sporting games. He loved to do group activities.

Thanks Lato for posting this, as this is probably what the person was talking about when they told me this story. I didn't know it was a restaurant and if I was told that I doh't remember. I certainly didn't mean to make a big thing out of it. But this sounds like what was told to me.

Regards,

Kelly

This is a very troubling article. This woman was reported missing in the Vegas area and then found four months later. The home had been searched with cadaver dogs and because of the dry weather in Vegas were not able to find her initially. Also this is definatly an argument against the whole idea of foul play.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...found_dead_under_pile_of_junk_in_her_hou.html

Billy Jean James, right?
Yes, we discussed that case here (briefly, because it's off-topic to Steven's case) AND there's an entire thread here on WS for her.

Well, he has spoken with the parents, I believe, and told them more than has been made public. So maybe we need a fly on the wall more than we need screws :)

He's spoken with the parents more than once, participated in searches, was interviewed by the police, and he also talked to KCN.

The odd thing was that there were so many calls/texts between them in the previous week, then nothing after that Sunday/Dec 13th morning call.

BUT....from Dec 13th-15th, except for LL and TH, NO ONE ELSE CALLED HIM, either.

He's spoken with the parents more than once, participated in searches, was interviewed by the police, and he also talked to KCN.

The odd thing was that there were so many calls/texts between them in the previous week, then nothing after that Sunday/Dec 13th morning call.

BUT....from Dec 13th-15th, except for LL and TH, NO ONE ELSE CALLED HIM, either.

Yes, that makes me think he was at outs with the whole world.

If you have inside information regarding the case, you need to be verified by Tricia, the owner of the website. It is one of the ways we try and protect our posters from threads being derailed by information that cannot be verified unless it is by say so.

If you choose not to be verified as an insider, please refrain from posting information as fact if it cannot be backed up by acceptable links-for example main stream media.

Opinions of course can be freely expressed within TOS- and one of the basic tenents of the TOS is to attack the post not the poster. Flag a post that you feel is not within TOS, and of course there is always the ignore button.

Let's continue to strategize about finding Steven! The holidays are coming and I cant imagine how distraught his family is.

Body found after car fire, at "I-15 and Sloan" (which according to Google Maps, do not intersect). Story from our favorite 8NewsNow.

Also, a suspicious death at 7000 Quail Prairie Lane; brief story from KTNV.

Both in Northern areas of Vegas.

Body found after car fire, at "I-15 and Sloan" (which according to Google Maps, do not intersect). Story from our favorite 8NewsNow.

Also, a suspicious death at 7000 Quail Prairie Lane; brief story from KTNV.

Both in Northern areas of Vegas.

They don't intersect, but they run close to each other -- mostly open land that appears to be part of Nellis AFB.

They don't intersect, but they run close to each other -- mostly open land that appears to be part of Nellis AFB.

I guess the interesting thing, would be how long the body in the vehicle had been there.

I guess the interesting thing, would be how long the body in the vehicle had been there.

The way it's phrased sounded a little like it could have been a while, but it sure wasn't definite.

The other one sounded a lot more recent.

Aha! I read "I-15 and Sloan" as an intersection.

I think you're completely right. Ugly area, that...but there's also a lot of obvious activity at that cement plant and the gravel quarries. Unless the car was set back off the road, maybe behind an abandoned truck, it would have been spotted if it had been there long. I think.

Aha! I read "I-15 and Sloan" as an intersection.

I think you're completely right. Ugly area, that...but there's also a lot of obvious activity at that cement plant and the gravel quarries. Unless the car was set back off the road, maybe behind an abandoned truck, it would have been spotted if it had been there long. I think.

They have petroglyphs that you can hike to also - not sure how much action they get around there. I'm sure if it's someone from that area, they'll figure it out pretty quick.

There is no more news on the jawbone found at Lake Mead last week. I wish there was an update.

There is no more news on the jawbone found at Lake Mead last week. I wish there was an update.

Really.
But it's going to be a real toughie, because THIS REPORT describes it as " the upper portion of a jawbone" .... which I'd guess means it's "old bones".

It was only 40 feet out in the water, so it could have travelled down through Kingman Wash over a long period of time, or made its way through the Colorado flow of Lake Mead.

Or maybe it's from the old cemetery or historic graves that were covered by the lake?

Really.
But it's going to be a real toughie, because THIS REPORT describes it as " the upper portion of a jawbone" .... which I'd guess means it's "old bones".

It was only 40 feet out in the water, so it could have travelled down through Kingman Wash over a long period of time, or made its way through the Colorado flow of Lake Mead.

Or maybe it's from the old cemetery or historic graves that were covered by the lake?

I wasn't expecting an ID or anything, but wondering if any additional remains were found. It could easily be what you say, but that's why it seemed so odd to me that they called the dive team out. It seems a bit extreme under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82