*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The statement from the university says "package." Letter was my words. Here, the statement word for word:
"Officials at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus can confirm that the suspicious package discovered at the Facilities Services building on Monday, July 23, 2012, was delivered to the campus by the United States Postal Service that same day, immediately investigated and turned over to authorities within hours of delivery. This package prompted the building's evacuation at 12:26 p.m. and employees were allowed to return by 3:06 p.m."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...from-colo-suspect/?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

Oh i was referring to "letter" from your link. Is the notebook previously mentioned same with this "letter"?

excerpts:
The mail was sent to a psychologist at the university, but the letter wasn't discovered until Monday.

This was not unexpected. U.S. postal inspectors had been searching through the mailboxes near the suspect's home looking for letters and packages Holmes might have sent out. They didn't find any, but that's because the package had already been sent before the shooting.

On Monday afternoon, investigators scoured the mailroom at the university and found what they'd been searching for: a piece of mail from the suspect in the Aurora, Colo. shooting that killed 12 people and injured 58 at a midnight screening of the new Batman film last week.

Before opening it, the sheriff's bomb squad handled it with a robot and took an x-ray, just in case there were explosives inside.

Sources say the letter was from a pent-up Holmes to one of his professors. In it, he talked about shooting people and even included crude drawings of a gunman and his victims.

Well, the guy in that case allegedly suddenly attacked a friend, neighbor and fellow student, who he had known for years, because, as he stated, she wanted his penis, and then he decided to kill her before losing his virginity with her dead corpse and finally hacked her body to bits with a hacksaw that he afterwards kept in his possession, and dumped her body on the property where he lived. Why is he not crazy and this one is? According to some posters, anyone who commits such an act must be severely insane.

Ummm...you have obviously not followed the Giddings/McDaniel case for months now.

The whole "wanted my penis lost my virginity to a corpse" internet post was a FAKE TROLL POST and has been OFFICIALLY withdrawn by the prosecution after the FBI informed them the post was fake!

Sorry to use caps but the prosecutions case is weak, and using fake internet posts instead of real evidence is even weaker. I am somewhat shocked by your opinions/observations on the case for a variety of reasons.

Oh and why do I think Holmes may be crazy while McDaniel isn't? Because it looks like McDaniel might very well get away with a murder (a gruesome murder that appears to have left virtually no real physical evidence), while Holmes did a whole lot of weird stuff and had no hope of getting away with it.

Yeah in hindsight all sorts of things become "obvious" especially if you can write a book about it. In the real world Ted Bundy was evil around her, and most people are not one dimensional. That is why people live with sociopaths and have "no idea they could do such a thing!". They are NOT one dimensional, they can be honestly pleasant/polite/helpful etc....

BTW I am just finishing Ann Rule's book "Everything She Ever Wanted" right now, she is a pretty decent writer. Apparently Mr. Bundy gifted her with a new career.
lots of her stuff is good dont recall total title think it was dead by sunset that was neat case !

Oh i was referring to "letter" from your link. Is the notebook previously mentioned same with this "letter"?

excerpts:
The mail was sent to a psychologist at the university, but the letter wasn't discovered until Monday.

This was not unexpected. U.S. postal inspectors had been searching through the mailboxes near the suspect's home looking for letters and packages Holmes might have sent out. They didn't find any, but that's because the package had already been sent before the shooting.

On Monday afternoon, investigators scoured the mailroom at the university and found what they'd been searching for: a piece of mail from the suspect in the Aurora, Colo. shooting that killed 12 people and injured 58 at a midnight screening of the new Batman film last week.

Before opening it, the sheriff's bomb squad handled it with a robot and took an x-ray, just in case there were explosives inside.

Sources say the letter was from a pent-up Holmes to one of his professors. In it, he talked about shooting people and even included crude drawings of a gunman and his victims.

That link says a letter was mailed to a psychologist at the university... the Notebook says it was sent to a University of Colorado psychiatrist

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...out-plans-in-package-mailed-to/#ixzz21gZnDGu4

so my question is - is the letter and the notebook a separate mail or package to different people?

So.. he sent these probably the day of the shooting. Meaning these were his "manifesto." I'm sure he was smart enough to know he wasn't going to be talking after he was arrested (or killed). But he wanted to make sure he was famous.

Thankfully, this points to premeditation. Which helps the prosecution's case.

Now on Dr Drew, he states that the package was sent to a psychologist who was one of JH's profs.

I am astounded by how much crime, brain workings, and psychology info I have to have just to be an average citizen now days.

I feel constantly exposed to personality disorders, liars, cons, my MI neighbor that yells out to me all day and I worry about him because he's left alone, my moody kid, my off balance friend, oh and the criminals all over the place. I have to process so much as a lay person!

rallihanna said:
I feel the need to comment on these brain tumor things... A family friend passed away after a long battle with brain cancer. She was in exceptional pain, and it was that combined with multiple other symptoms that led to her diagnosis- years before she passed away.

At the VERY end, she began to lose "sense of thing" and ended up doing some non-normal acts. But this was within the last few weeks of her life. None of them were violent acts, but rather due to lack of memory.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that he is suffering from a brain tumor. After seeing the effects on this lady- there is no way he would have it impact him this dramatically without it being quite advance...

That is your experience. Your post made me remember about a neighbors wife. Out of the blue she starting acting funny. "funny" as in crawling under tables and crying asking for her daddy. Her husband took her to the doctor and it was found that she had brain cancer. 4 or 5 months later she was dead.

Just saying that brain cancers can come on suddenly, and with little or no symptoms before there is big change in behavior/personality.

Also depends on where in the brain the cancer is located.

That is your experience. Your post made me remember about a neighbors wife. Out of the blue she starting acting funny. "funny" as in crawling under tables and crying asking for her daddy. Her husband took her to the doctor and it was found that she had brain cancer. 4 or 5 months later she was dead.

Just saying that brain cancers can come on suddenly, and with little or no symptoms before there is big change in behavior/personality.

Also depends on where in the brain the cancer is located.

Yes, I indicated it was my opinion. I respect other people's opinion, but wanted to state my own.

I am astounded by how much crime, brain workings, and psychology info I have to have just to be an average citizen now days.

I feel constantly exposed to personality disorders, liars, cons, my MI neighbor that yells out to me all day and I worry about him because he's left alone, my moody kid, my off balance friend, oh and the criminals all over the place. I have to process so much as a lay person!
That IS a funny ,a brillant post sir or mame! Funny !

Yeah there are a lot of emotionally unbalanced people in the world but they are generally just annoying, the real "stranger" risk is criminal sociopaths and the vast majority work based on benefit/risk factors. Is the risk greater than the benefit? If so they leave you alone.

The odd homicidal "insane" person is a real oddity, stats show folks are most likely to be killed by people they know.

usually they are not medicated for spitting. That's just too easy as too many prisoners are often drug seekers anyway. This is usually what prisoners get when they are spit happy
spitter_t607.jpg

Awww, thanks for posting that! Fond memories and all that...and a few good laughs. It was REALLY the best to put the spit masks on the macho guys who were just sooooo angry. A little humiliation and a quiet room for an hour or so, and they'd oftentimes come out with a new attitude :rocker:

Do you think he did it in a way as to say "Look! See? I tried to get help!" (Not that it would be a good excuse, but maybe he's trying to set up some kind of 'cry for help' defense?

Trying to keep up with all the posts, but I've gotten a bit behind. Forgive me if this thought has already been put out there, but I was wondering about the whole movie theater connection. Do you think someone from the university (his counselor or ex?) was going there that night? Could he have been planning to do this on campus but changed his plans when he lost access to building 500? How soon do theaters know their "opening night" schedules? Would he have known about the Batman premiere in May when he first started buying guns or was the theater shootout a more recent idea? Could the original plan have been to lock himself in a boobytrapped apt when they came to evict or arrest for loud music?

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19115620/no-medical-bills-for-some-colo-shooting-victims

Members of the public, along with Warner Bros., the studio that released the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," have contributed nearly $2 million to help victims, though it's not clear how much of that will cover medical expenses. One family is raising money on its own online.

And three of the five hospitals that treated victims said Wednesday they will limit or completely wipe out medical bills.

Yeah there are a lot of emotionally unbalanced people in the world but they are generally just annoying, the real "stranger" risk is criminal sociopaths and the vast majority work based on benefit/risk factors. Is the risk greater than the benefit? If so they leave you alone.

The odd homicidal "insane" person is a real oddity, stats show folks are most likely to be killed by people they know.

BBM That's why I got rid of that narcissistic boyfriend.

Could he have been planning to do this on campus but changed his plans when he lost access to building 500?

JMO but if you have an arsenal at your disposal you can probably get someone to give you access to building 500 by walking up behind them and asking nicely while shoving the barrel of your new Glock into their ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.