Pre-Trial Hearings & Discussion

So, I wonder what's up with the scratches on the forehead?

She was probably in a transport holding area with other inmates or other inmates were in close proximity to her. I can imagine that to assult MH would mean major kudos to another inmate's reputation ... A child molester or child killer in jail or prison is a target. She is in isolation right?

One article I read said the prosecutor thought she inflicted them herself.:confused:

:eek::eek::eek:

Bizarre, but it seems to fit.

You'd think they'd be keeping a real good eye on her in jail. If the women have the same code of Justice as the men she could get jumped or whacked at any time. I think all inmates despise child killers!

She was probably in a transport holding area with other inmates or other inmates were in close proximity to her. I can imagine that to assult MH would mean major kudos to another inmate's reputation ... A child molester or child killer in jail or prison is a target. She is in isolation right?

NIX Knox. lol

From Jennifer Wadsworth's article in the Tracy Press:

Indictment against tearful Huckaby read in court today

"The 28-year-old appeared in court this afternoon with two bright red scratches on her right temple and some on her left arm, apparently from an incident at the jail this morning that San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus mentioned was an attempt by Huckaby to get out of her court appearance.

“Hopefully something like this doesn't happen again,” Lofthus said."

Lofthus set the next court date for Sept. 10, giving Behar time to look at grand jury transcripts, which were described as voluminous. Lofthus also temporarily sealed the transcripts at Testa's request.
Testa told the judge Huckaby needed to be present at every hearing. He said he did not want Huckaby doing "something in the jail," he said. "Like she did this morning."
Testa said he was not at liberty to tell what had occurred — there is a judicial gag order in place on the case.
Lofthus said Huckaby will attend all her court appearances.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13146080?nclick_check=1

From Jennifer Wadsworth's article in the Tracy Press:

Indictment against tearful Huckaby read in court today

"The 28-year-old appeared in court this afternoon with two bright red scratches on her right temple and some on her left arm, apparently from an incident at the jail this morning that San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus mentioned was an attempt by Huckaby to get out of her court appearance.

“Hopefully something like this doesn't happen again,” Lofthus said."

geez, she is just a piece of work isn't she? i was hoping someone kicked her butt...:clap:

I would just love to beat the fugly off of Huckaby's mug. It pisses me off just to look at her! Seriously, has she ever watched herself in the mirror while crying and would she even care that she looks like she's straining to take a really serious sized dump when she's boohooing. She makes me ill!

I know that I'm a couple days early on starting a thread for MH's next hearing but I am not sure I will be able to follow on that day.

I wanted to start it because as the news articles start coming out about this hearing we can discuss.

http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/media_notice.htm

...Next Scheduled Hearing: Thursday, September 10th at 1:00pm in Department 14 for Further Arraignment...

Note: at the above link the PDF for the court minutes of the last hearing has been posted.

Justice for Sandra. TIA for anyone that brings info here for us to read.

HLN (AWC's has posted articles in the media thread also) is saying that today it is expected for a plea to be entered by Huckaby (her lawyer) and that the trial date could be set today.

Also there is speculation as to if today it will be announced if this will be a DP trial or not.

Thanks chico.

It also says the Judge wouldn't allow her to fire her court appointed attn.

It says she entered a plea on the other charges (that aren't connected with Sandra's trial) of not guilty (drugging charges of two other ppl).

Wow, I am surprised that Testa did go through with the DP. Not that I don't think this isn't a DP case, it's just that it took me by a bit of a surprise is all.

Will that delay the court date being set?

http://www.kcra.com/news/20838293/detail.html

UPDATED: 1:57 pm PDT September 10, 2009

...The prosecution wants the trial to start within the next 60 to 90 days, but the defense said it wants the trial to start in about a year and a half...

...Huckaby is the granddaughter of Lane Lawless, the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy. Police said Huckaby, a former Sunday school teacher, spent an "extraordinary amount of time" at the church....( I quoted this because IIRC there was discussion as to if she spent time at her GF's church or another church).

Well thanks to all things holy! Why do I have a feeling that this is just going to keep getting more and more strange???? (ie, Huckaby's recent behaviors to include trying to fire her atty)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/10/BA8S19L7AA.DTL&tsp=1

Thursday, September 10, 2009

...The decision to seek lethal execution was made by District Attorney James Willett, who consulted with attorneys in his office as well as Sandra's family, authorities said...

...Huckaby will return to court Sept. 25, at which time the judge could set a trial date, possibly in March...

Just a thought but I wonder if her attn will go for an insanity defense? I forget the criteria in CA for that defense, and if it can be used here. Not that I think she's legally insane. Just curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back