Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know they will release anything much about the autopsy results other than the manner of death (ie. murder, suicide, accidental). We already know the answer, I think.

I am not expecting a lot more to come out tomorrow actually. They lined things out already in the affidavit sufficient to charge him.

The additional charges against Jacques will be interesting in how they plan on wording those in the affidavit tho.

weird, my impression would be the opposite (not saying that it is correct), that the media rushes to get affidavits as soon as they are part of the public record to see if there is anything major to break.

and they did release information from these affidavits, just not the things that i feel are most important/revealing about the true nature of this crime.

and i do agree that this will change early this week, especially after the autopsy results are disclosed and a murder charge is filed.

If you noticed they had to back pedal and black out some info after first publishing with out redacting. This was an error. Now they will be very careful. They could blow the case. It happened here with the Lunsford case.... the trial had to be moved to Miami. No jury could be seated here.
Think small town Vermont and national coverage of this case and the same thing could well happen.

weird, my impression would be the opposite (not saying that it is correct), that the media rushes to get affidavits as soon as they are part of the public record to see if there is anything major to break.

and they did release information from these affidavits, just not the things that i feel are most important/revealing about the true nature of this crime.

and i do agree that this will change early this week, especially after the autopsy results are disclosed and a murder charge is filed.
Some affadavits aren't ever published in cases I've followed, and in the Laurean/Lauterbach case it dragged on forever, and not all were released.

MUCH of what is learned as to details never come out until the trial as to not 'taint' the case when selecting a jury.

There are more and more sex crimes happing around here.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8625955

Burlington Police arrested a man after he broke into the apartments of two young women and allegedly sexually molested at least one of them. Police say no one was injured, but the incidents were frightening because in each case, the intruder was a stranger who recklessly broke in through unlocked doors and windows.

More at link.
The one who arrested him I worked with years ago when he was a Correctional Officer. Tyler is assigned to Brooke's case.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

There are more and more sex crimes happing around here.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8625955

Burlington Police arrested a man after he broke into the apartments of two young women and allegedly sexually molested at least one of them. Police say no one was injured, but the incidents were frightening because in each case, the intruder was a stranger who recklessly broke in through unlocked doors and windows.

More at link.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
They should have said he entered through an unlocked door or window, IF they had been locked then it would be a break in.

It is also going to depend somewhat on MJ's family's standing in that community, too. If his family is friends with the Judges, this may be a reason to move it. IIRC, his grandmother served as a Justice of the Peace for quite a few years in the area.

Still, I think they can get a fair trial there. People's reactions aren't going to be much different to the evidence anywhere else in a case such as horrific as this one. I certainly would NOT want to be on that jury tho. It will be a nightmare.

They should have said he entered through an unlocked door or window, IF they had been locked then it would be a break in.
If I remember right break means the seal of the door is broken as in opened. doesn't matter if its locked or not.
enter well that is self explanatory.

EDA its been along time since I took those rules of evidence for police and police procedure classes.

He may have been really stupid and actually broke the unlocked windows or doors before entering tho. Yes?

Some affadavits aren't ever published in cases I've followed, and in the Laurean/Lauterbach case it dragged on forever, and not all were released.

MUCH of what is learned as to details never come out until the trial as to not 'taint' the case when selecting a jury.

right but these affidavits are already released and out there, and much of the detail in them has been reported.

re: redaction, see my earlier comments on this, if they were going to do such a lousy job of it im not sure why they even bothered to try and redact to protect AR's identity. it would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.

It reminds me again of the screen on top of the porch at MJ's house. It is sticking out for me. I would like to know how it got there. Are they easily blown off or removed?

right but these affidavits are already released and out there, and much of the detail in them has been reported.

re: redaction, see my earlier comments on this, if they were going to do such a lousy job of it im not sure why they even bothered to try and redact to protect AR's identity. it would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.
To be honest I was shocked they released them so soon.

Me too. I think they jumped the gun on releasing them. In fact I think they were leaked from the court house before they were supposed to be. Thats why they had to go back and redact .

I agree. I am glad they did, but it did come as a surprise without a doubt. We rarely see that much from LE or the FBI. It has to mean there is so much more we aren't seeing that it is neccessary.

If you noticed they had to back pedal and black out some info after first publishing with out redacting. This was an error. Now they will be very careful. They could blow the case. It happened here with the Lunsford case.... the trial had to be moved to Miami. No jury could be seated here.
Think small town Vermont and national coverage of this case and the same thing could well happen.

i agree that they should have been and will be more careful about what they release, but again, we are talking about affidavits that are already public and have had many of the details in them reported widely, im commenting on the selection of details that have been reported, and the ones that have been omitted - by news outlets. not officials.

Dearest TomsGirl,:blowkiss:
He broke through her unlocked window screen, then he opened her bedroom door that was not locked and sexually assualted her.
Her bedroom door was not locked, but it does not matter, he walked through the threshold. Besides, who locks thier bedroom door anyway? It does not matter that her bedroom door was not locked.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I don't know they will release anything much about the autopsy results other than the manner of death (ie. murder, suicide, accidental). We already know the answer, I think.

I am not expecting a lot more to come out tomorrow actually. They lined things out already in the affidavit sufficient to charge him.

The additional charges against Jacques will be interesting in how they plan on wording those in the affidavit tho.

isnt it typical, in cases where sexual assault is highly suspected, to release if evidence of such is found during autopsy?

Dearest TomsGirl,:blowkiss:
He broke through her unlocked window screen, then he opened her bedroom door that was not locked and sexually assualted her.
Her bedroom door was not locked, but it does not matter, he walked through the threshold. Besides, who locks thier bedroom door anyway? It does not matter that her bedroom door was not locked.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows
And to think for about $20.00 per month, those women could have an alarm system. Then again, if they didn't bother locking their windows...shame on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.