WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #2

Theres alot of these kind of cases i mentioned this in another forum before what i mean is cases that are all over the news gretta and nancy msnbc for 3/4 days then they go away and they never follow up i know off the top of my head i could name many. Brianna dennison,,lisa stebic,,right now with the casey anthony stuff its like drew peterson has even been forgotton about ,that girl over in italy amanda knox..tara greinstead,,jennifer kesse, Those are just off the top of my head for a day or too they were huge in the news then they willl do what they are doing right now with casey anthony over a month straight and ya u can say its cause she is a little girl this n that but so was Madeline MCcain and it was huge on the net but not much on the talking heads shows anyway sorry for my ranting and carrying on about not alot to do with thi case .....

Hello,

I am here on websleuths mostly because of an interest in the Caylee Anthony case. Anyway, I live in Huntington, and I am a graduate of Marshall, so of course I am interested in the Leah Hickman case as well. I haven't seen this posted here today, but there is some new info. HPD says there is a person of interest in this case.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/16642431.html

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I just missed it somehow.

Hello,

I am here on websleuths mostly because of an interest in the Caylee Anthony case. Anyway, I live in Huntington, and I am a graduate of Marshall, so of course I am interested in the Leah Hickman case as well. I haven't seen this posted here today, but there is some new info. HPD says there is a person of interest in this case.

Forgive me if this has already been posted and I just missed it somehow.

Thank you so much as this info was not known. The poi will either be cleared by DNA evidence or further investigated. In any case this is new info so thanks again for the update.

All of us want justice for Leah as it is time. Please keep us informed of local news.

LE must have had this suspect in mind since Leah's murder which makes me believe that it is the sister's ex-boyfriend. Especially since she wasn't raped. He was probably really angry at Leah because she got rid of his belongings instead of storing them. Probably thought he would store her in the crawl space like she should have done his belongings. He probably came after his stuff and him and Leah got into it and he ended up strangling her. That is my take anyway. Hope we find out soon and there is an arrest. Leah deserves justice and so does her family. She sure was a pretty girl.

Bumping.

But also hoping there is some new information / updates from the police. Does anyone know?

bumping for Leah too. I guess dna takes a year in WV? I hope we see some justice soon...

Geeze. This was an awful crime....what's going on up there!?

I don't understand why this murder has been so hard to solve. Who knew where that storage space was...the whole county??? Wasn't there any evidence at all? Fingerprints on the plastic if the story about the plastic bags is true. Does LE even know where the murder took place....in the laundry room or her apartment? I thought LE said...quite awhile ago...that they thought the case would be solved soon. Sounded like they had their eyes on someone.

A couple of links I posted in October on other boards:

HPD: 'We believe we have the right person of interest' in Hickman Case

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/33201824.html

It seems to me LE are pretty sure they have the right POI, but they are waiting for FBI lab results to come bgack from Arizona, which take a minimum of 6 months, per one of the articles above. Although they had preliminary DNA test done as early as January, they probably need something very solid for a conviction.

I've been following this caswe since the very beginning and I only have one POI in mind, that is Jessica's (Leah's half sister) ex-BF. I just hope whoever this POI is, he/she doesn't skip town in the meantime.

A couple of links I posted in October on other boards:

HPD: 'We believe we have the right person of interest' in Hickman Case

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/33201824.html

It seems to me LE are pretty sure they have the right POI, but they are waiting for FBI lab results to come bgack from Arizona, which take a minimum of 6 months, per one of the articles above. Although they had preliminary DNA test done as early as January, they probably need something very solid for a conviction.

I've been following this caswe since the very beginning and I only have one POI in mind, that is Jessica's (Leah's half sister) ex-BF. I just hope whoever this POI is, he/she doesn't skip town in the meantime.

The ex-boyfriend is the only one that I can think of too. He had reason to be angry with Leah...over throwing his clothes out. I think he went to the apt to pick up his belongings and Leah told him what she had done with them. They got into a fight and he killed her in a rage and then stuffed her in that storage space. He knew where it was. That's alright if LE is waiting for DNA results. I just don't want them to let this case grow cold.

The ex-boyfriend is the only one that I can think of too. He had reason to be angry with Leah...over throwing his clothes out. I think he went to the apt to pick up his belongings and Leah told him what she had done with them. They got into a fight and he killed her in a rage and then stuffed her in that storage space. He knew where it was. That's alright if LE is waiting for DNA results. I just don't want them to let this case grow cold.

IIRC, he also blamed Leah or her influence on her sister for his break-up with Jessica.

I've only peaked into this topic from time to time. But that makes a lot of sense. It's almost like he was treating her just like he viewed her to have treated his clothes/belongings, except I guess he forgot that she's a human being not an object. What a sicko. I wonder if he even used the same bags that she used to throw out his stuff, the bags that were covering her. I really hope the sister isn't involved too. Hopefully, the vibe that some people got from her in the beginning was just that maybe she also suspected her own ex-bf and was trying hard not to believe it.

I've only peaked into this topic from time to time. But that makes a lot of sense. It's almost like he was treating her just like he viewed her to have treated his clothes/belongings, except I guess he forgot that she's a human being not an object. What a sicko. I wonder if he even used the same bags that she used to throw out his stuff, the bags that were covering her. I really hope the sister isn't involved too. Hopefully, the vibe that some people got from her in the beginning was just that maybe she also suspected her own ex-bf and was trying hard not to believe it.

I personally don't believe that the sister was involved. From everything that I've read those sisters loved each other a lot. The sister had no motive to kill Leah that I've ever heard. I hope she never hears that people thought it was her.

I'm just waiting for them to arrest the ex. It's hard to understand why DNA takes so long. If these labs are always so far behind why aren't there more of them! The government should spend some of the money that they are so good at wasting on labs and prisons.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/34932399.html

POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- It's been almost a year since Marshall University student Leah Hickman was found murdered in the basement of her apartment building.
Now her friends and family are working to keep her memory alive.
Hundreds of people gathered in Point Pleasant Saturday to run in the Leah Hickman 5k.
Organizers say they wanted to show the family and community that they have not forgotten about the case.
We caught up with some of Leah's friends who say time of year is pretty tough with the holidays ahead.
No arrests have ever been made in Leah's murder.

It's been nearly a year since Leah was murdered and DNA takes 6 months so where is the darn DNA? Did they get it back and just aren't saying anything? Maybe the DNA didn't match the person that they thought was the killer? I wish they would say something!!!!!

It's been nearly a year since Leah was murdered and DNA takes 6 months so where is the darn DNA? Did they get it back and just aren't saying anything? Maybe the DNA didn't match the person that they thought was the killer? I wish they would say something!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Could be the donor is unknown and doesn't match any data bases or something prevents them from making an arrest.

Didn't think it would take this long as there has to be a lot of clues left at the scene.

I wonder if they ever got a sample of the boyfriend's DNA? The way this case has gone it wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't. I just don't think that this LE is on the ball. They thought they had a suspect a while back. What happened to him? I wonder if they took a sample of DNA from the two guys who were working on the apt the day Leah was murdered? It just doesn't seem that that many people would know about that storage area. Why not take DNA samples from everyone who had lived there when Leah lived there?
From any males who had been over to visit the sisters? It just seems if it had been a stranger to Leah they would have just left her body right where she died instead of hiding it in that storage area. How many killers go to the trouble of hiding the body when a murder takes place in the apt or even the laundry room? I wish LE would come out and tell us something. The DNA has to be back by now or they need to retrieve it and send it somewhere else.

Is there any new Updates on this poor girls story . I for one thought this would be solved right away with the way they talked about the sisters bf or ex bf i forget now what there situation was but thats the impression i got then I dont know whats happened this case has fallen off the radar completley .If anyone has any updates im sure im not the only one that would love to hear them. I really hope there still working this case like a fresh case and not just set it aside ......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back