CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!! We are going to catch this guy soon!!! What is the link to the facebook page and can you post pics of the cross?

Regarding the crosses, hope they are checking on Etsy.com for similar crosses sold. Seems like a craft someone would sell on Etsy.

That is why I was asking about fog. If he had an idea in mind, it might have been easy to accidentally drive past and turn around, etc.

Although we have no idea when Jessica's body was put there.

It wouldn't have to be accidental -- he needs to turn around somewhere and that turnout is the obvious spot.

the style of cross is one I myself have worn, although mine was carved from stone, not wood and was a necklace. The cross hung from a leather type string.

I purchased mine at an artisans fair many years back but similar necklaces are sold at concerts, head shops, craft fairs, etc.

Does the cross given anyone else the creeps?

totally. that's totally messed up.
I'm not christian, but it's still messed up.
why is the top part offset? (anti-christian?)
3 bars (trinity?)
trinity killer (Dexter)

holy crap! Of course I immediately want to begin picking apart this new info. Where was this cross found and how do they think it relates to Jessie's abductor?

I am wondering if it was

a) in the backpack / with the backpack

b) where remains were found

c) some third, unknown location

They didn't say. Only that it was found in the course of the investigation.

Hi All, I have been trying to read here everyday and have only posted once in the beginning. I am wondering if the three lines that are etched in the cross have any significance...such as how man victims or attempts that were made.
Also, I would imagine this cross would have dna. I wear a cross and constantly fiddle with it with my hands and fingers. I don't know if a man would do the same.
Just throwing in my thoughts on the cross and yes that particular cross gives me the creeps.

can anyone find one commercially?
amazon? overstock?
specialty (religious) websites?

Ick. Creepy cross. I wonder if the three scratches are for the trinity, or notching his victims?

I am sure we will know eventually, cakegirl now that it has been released by WPD. They should be saluted for utilizing their most valuable investigative resource; the American public..
Hopefully we will soon know who this cross belongs too and it will bring justice to Jessica Ridgeway & a semblance of closure to her family...

The three notches/marks may have this meaning:

"The three crosses symbolize Christ on the Cross flanked by the two thieves that were crucified with Him.

Read more: What is the meaning of the Three Crosses that you normally see from a highway while driving. For instances on Route 66 in the State of Virginia? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/100270#ixzz29mZ7IPlh

Taking a printout of the cross and going to check with some of the Santa Fe artisans here, the Native American, but most likely the Spanish artisans well known for hard carved wooden items.

Most of their artwork is signed ... which *could* be the 3 lines.

the style of cross is one I myself have worn, although mine was carved from stone, not wood and was a necklace. The cross hung from a leather type string.

I purchased mine at an artisans fair many years back but similar necklaces are sold at concerts, head shops, craft fairs, etc.

This one could have been worn as a necklace, with a leather cord threaded through that hole at the top.

I used to have one very similar to this, also. In the 70's I think.

Could the cross have come off of a rosary?

The three slashes on the cross represent, the father, son and Holy ghost. Sign of the trinity. This guy might be catholic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa