TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that presser really hit a nerve with her, let her speak then there is no way to get around what she said in the early days of being arrested..

I feel very bad for AD right now, and grandma. Hindsight is 20-20 and I'm sure grandma wishes she had not let JF go to AD. And I'm sure AD wishes she had not left JF alone or had let him go stay with grandma over Christmas break when she had to work.

But these people have suffered enough and airing their dirty laundry (not talking about here really - just in MSM, everywhere) has got to be very very painful. They had nothing to do with his murder. Nothing at all. Not one thing.
AD is not responsible for some murderer's actions. She had no way of knowing that danger lurked so close to home.

It hurts my heart to see her background and all of her transgressions hung out for the world to see. She may not be the perfect mom but she just lost her son, in a very violent way. And I'm sure she just wants to crawl in a hole as it is, without the other stuff being thrown at her.

Sorry - just had to get this off my chest.

So why would someone on the phone (allegedly Mona, since she is a suspect) be asking "is your mother's name Angela?"

This is a very sick individual. She wanted to identify Jonathan's mother.The visit to Angela's home later in the day could have been for multiple reasons. This person probably enjoys seeing a mother/family devastated by a missing child and feels something like a gratification that she was the cause of that.

Wow. She might not have an attorney yet. If she can't afford to hire one, it can sometimes take a few days or weeks to have a public defender assigned. She was only formally charged this morning right?

Yes she was.
Maybe she does not have one yet and of course they will have to be DP qualified. But I could swear I thought she would have at least had a PD even if temporary.

JMHO

MN is going to speak with a reporter from jail. :thud:
Surely she has an attorney but maybe this is part of the plan.

jmho

I wouldn't watch it if it were the last TV show on earth. I would not give her one ounce of attention... Murder a poor child and then get on the news the night after you're arrested?!?

:furious:

(As you can tell, this really doesn't sit right with me - it just seems so wrong.)

It kills me belimom to see people still reporting she didn't report him missing till 9:30 that night and it's just NOT TRUE. Because you know the general public sees that and thinks she did something wrong... I wish reporters would fact check.

I wouldn't watch it if it were the last TV show on earth. I would not give her one ounce of attention... Murder a poor child and then get on the news the night after you're arrested?!?

:furious:

(As you can tell, this really doesn't sit right with me - it just seems so wrong.)

I can totally understand your feelings.
Does not sit right with me either but I will have to watch the video.
But still shocked over it for sure.

JMHO

I have no idea about the retoactive part or about the parimeters, but I do know that if you are convicted of a felony which she has been and if you are incarcerated in prison they have your DNA on file, I also know that when a violent crime occures and there is DNA obtained it is matched in the system...I has someone say the system in backlogged, that is true for rape kits, but not for violent crimes from my understanding, so again I think if there were numerous unsolved murders with DNA evidence they would have had her off the streets before yesterday.

Yes the biggest backlog is with rape kits but overall the turn around time at almost all state labs are slow. In fact, just had public hearings on this back in September of this year. There are approximately 4000 untested rape kits.

Source: http://www.dailytexanonline.com/content/senate-holds-hearing-dna-backlog-crime-labs

If you go here you can look at TX statistics: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/codis/ndis-statistics#Texas

Texas Statistical Information
Offender Profiles 534,226
Forensic Samples 27,021
Number of CODIS Labs 16
NDIS Participating Labs 16
Investigations Aided 6,677

Forensic DNA and TX Q&A
http://www.dna.gov/state_profiles/Texas/

The press conference and HLN segments with the reporter are in this thread OR can be viewed on my You Tube channel for anyone that may have missed it or needs to reference material.

http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947

Patty - I've said it before but thank you so much for all you do... I know it takes time/effort to put all of this together. THANK YOU!

Will people transcribe I'm going to try to watch, but it's going to be right during bedtime routine. (Am going to hold my babies close again tonight and tomorrow remind them that a stranger is ANYONE who is not immediate family, it includes people from around the neighborhood).

It kills me belimom to see people still reporting she didn't report him missing till 9:30 that night and it's just NOT TRUE. Because you know the general public sees that and thinks she did something wrong... I wish reporters would fact check.

This reporting can sure go in the record book for unreliable and unprofessional. That is putting it mildly for the boards. ;)

And some are still reporting Jonathan went missing at the apartment where the Mom and SD lived. :pullhair:

SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS
jmho

Sorry for jumping in there.

I bet she is publicly wanting to throw some people under the bus, and since I am still on the fence about weather she acted alone, I will be listening very carefully, but other than that I say let the reporter hook up the IV tonight.

I'm expecting that she will weave a web of lies and deception. How cruel. Well, those who knew her described her as living in her own world and bizarre. LE has stated that she acted alone. She is solely responsible for J's abduction and murder.

So why would someone on the phone (allegedly Mona, since she is a suspect) be asking "is your mother's name Angela?"

BTW, that also proves to me, she was no close friend of AD or DD. Just an acquaintance. Otherwise she would have known that Angela was Jonathan's mother.

Yes the biggest backlog is with rape kits but overall the turn around time at almost all state labs are slow. In fact, just had public hearings on this back in September of this year. There are approximately 4000 untested rape kits.

Source: http://www.dailytexanonline.com/content/senate-holds-hearing-dna-backlog-crime-labs

If you go here you can look at TX statistics: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/codis/ndis-statistics#Texas

Texas Statistical Information
Offender Profiles 534,226
Forensic Samples 27,021
Number of CODIS Labs 16
NDIS Participating Labs 16
Investigations Aided 6,677

Forensic DNA and TX Q&A
http://www.dna.gov/state_profiles/Texas/

I also did not want anyone to think that I was saying that Rape is not a violent crime, I can tell you from when I was 14 it is very violent, but the way LE looks at the crime of Rape and Murder are 2 totally different ways. And the backlog of the rape kits has needed to be fixed for years, I still cannot fathom that we leave Rapist running the streets for years while trying to get the testing done...GRRR

I would say that presser really hit a nerve with her, let her speak then there is no way to get around what she said in the early days of being arrested..

And I'm sure they intended to hit a nerve IMO. I think she acted alone, but there is a chance that LE doesn't think so at all and just said that to get her to talk.:waitasec:

I really wish the angry emoticon didn't have flames shooting out..seems inappropriate to use even though I want to show furious

It said that He was killed with the welding torch on PattyG's You Tube tape from HLN.

I believe the reporter on HLN (Part 1 ~1:40 mark) stated the detectives believe she used a welding torch. IMO, it probably better to listen to the presser to hear what the detective stated.

I just read an interesting thought somewhere else.

Why is she able to speak with a reporter yet was unable to come to court?

JMHO

I just read an interesting thought somewhere else.

Why is she able to speak with a reporter yet was unable to come to court?

JMHO

My guess as soon as she heard the presser her medical condition cleared right up. Just in time for the 10pm news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie