Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps so he could hide behind another vehicle thinking his car wouldn't be as noticeable?

How do you make one car less noticeable by making it behave strangely with a second? :)

One car driving attracts no attention; 2 cars doing unusual stuff does.

I am really struggling to understand why you are being so harsh re QPS. What info do you have to suggest that they are not working flat out to make an arrest and bring some sort of closure to those affected by Allison's death? If you are going to put them down, at least support your judgement. Do you really think they are sitting round drinking coffee, and chatting about the weather, with just one day spent at the roundabout?

You're right Strangeworld....it does appear that I'm harsh on the QPS. I really have a lot of respect for the forensic men and women and yes, there are some really dedicated and smart police officers. The problem is that the QPS have stuffed up in the past with sooooo many cases, including current ones. Trust me....I know.

Sorry. I have been following this since the first thread and read everything. The police haven't said there were visible signs of "foul play" (but, I have to ask, where don't they say that? Have they said that?). But have they said there weren't visible signs of "foul play". What I mean is: given the body was possibly in a state of significant decay, perhaps a (for example) missing hand wouldn't initially be considered evidence of foul play. Depends on the decomposition of the body.

So I suppose I'm asking: where do the QP say there's no evidence of foul play?

:)

I was pretty sure Detective Ainsworth indicated so in one of his interviews....Either on the day he specified a body was found, or when he specified that the body was indeed Allison's.

Also...sorry, im not an expert of decomposition....and I have never claimed to be. Im not sure if hands fall off after the body is exposed to such conditions over that space of time.

To make amends for being drawn into cynical mode, I'd like to post something more relevant.

I've spoken to a couple of people who were directly interviewed by police, and a handful I know well who also know people personally who were interviewed in more depth (due to their proximity to locations of interest).

Based on what all of these people have said (bar none) I suggest QPS has plenty of evidence. Only a couple mentioned police let some information out in order to progress the interview, but everything I heard was consistent.

- HEAPS of evidence (strong and unrefutable)
- Two key suspects.
- (Probably) know murder location (not clearly explained).
- (Definitely) know location of 'disposal' (clearly explained).
- The nature of the crime was known from hour one on day one.
- Many aspects of interest in family/business.

All this info was quoted well before any of the recent info on vehicles and their location.

All above speculation based on verbal from people who have been connected to the case in one way or another. I try not to make stuff up, and trust the sources are reasonable/sensible. (I have excluded a bunch of stuff that seems far less reliable, even though way more sensational).

I think QPS is controlling the media drip-feeding of just enough uncertainty to keep the suspects uncomfortable. All comments from Hawkins and the SKMA "love tap" reference are consistent with the local versions.

No idea how long till arrests. Obviously they want more than they have. But this doesn't mean they don't have a lot.

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this.

I've been thinking about that 'love tap' post from a while ago. There was much discussion about the possibility of the 'one punch can kill' type scenario. But then there are the rumours of GBC's scratches, etc. If he was involved in her death, these two pieces of info don't match unless there was some sort of scuffle/fight beforehand.

To me, the only car that has any form of blue in it and would be considered a smaller 4wd is the car that crashed into the pylon. I wondered if perhap it had scratches to the front of it (from bush when dumping Allison), so he crashed it well and good, so thy wouldnt be noticed. Just one flaw with that is that the car was forensically checked at the scene (so I read here somewhere - which means surely the back was checked). Also, I doubt he would have been silly to even consider bringing that car to his 'police station interview', if that was the very car involved in the dumping of Allison.

Yes, agree. My only thing with all this is that at night, dark, no moon, country road, etc. a dark coloured car (blue), could actually have been dark green, maroon, charcoal, etc. I don't know how reliable it is to report seeing a "blue" car in a dark night.

Perhaps so he could hide behind another vehicle thinking his car wouldn't be as noticeable?
I don't think there was that much logic involved IMO fairly urgent panicky 'OMG this is what we have 'let's take two cars in case one sees something, and let's take the body in a different car to ours because they might get searched, if we only have one set of lights on not too many people will notice' . Not sure that anyone in a situation like that unless it was very methodically and carefully premeditated, but I am not convinced that is the case, hence absolute panick stations amongst BCs MOO

To make amends for being drawn into cynical mode, I'd like to post something more relevant.

I've spoken to a couple of people who were directly interviewed by police, and a handful I know well who also know people personally who were interviewed in more depth (due to their proximity to locations of interest).

Based on what all of these people have said (bar none) I suggest QPS has plenty of evidence. Only a couple mentioned police let some information out in order to progress the interview, but everything I heard was consistent.

- Two key suspects.

All this info was quoted well before any of the recent info on vehicles and their location.

All above speculation based on verbal from people who have been connected to the case in one way or another. I try not to make stuff up, and trust the sources are reasonable/sensible. (I have excluded a bunch of stuff that seems far less reliable, even though way more sensational).

I think QPS is controlling the media drip-feeding of just enough uncertainty to keep the suspects uncomfortable. All comments from Hawkins and the SKMA "love tap" reference are consistent with the local versions.

No idea how long till arrests. Obviously they want more than they have. But this doesn't mean they don't have a lot.

I think you have some very good reliable info there. An arrest is still a little way off. It will happen early in the morning and at least three teams will pick sus up seperately and keep them that way.:waitasec:

But I don't even know what a love tap is!!!!!!!

I think SKMA confirmed it as "...i believe a "love tap" is a horrible colloquialism for a punch or slap that one partner lands on the other during a domestic dispute."

Yes, agree. My only thing with all this is that at night, dark, no moon, country road, etc. a dark coloured car (blue), could actually have been dark green, maroon, charcoal, etc. I don't know how reliable it is to report seeing a "blue" car in a dark night.

You are so right...A few of us were in here trying to decipher the colour from the picture in the daylight and had many varied views.....So in the night, one would think it more difficult.

sorry mountainhigh if the depression talk bugged you. Unless you knew her personally then I guess it would be hard to say for sure that a) she didn't suffer from it or b) it was only mild. I can't find a link but I remember reading that she had appeared sad and withdrawn for quite a while. If I was in an unhappy marriage and money was a huge issue, I would probably be struggling too. My guess is that dik nose used this a way to explain her disappearance. Because all depressed people run off into the night, don't they? IMO.

Sorry. I have been following this since the first thread and read everything. The police haven't said there were visible signs of "foul play" (but, I have to ask, where don't they say that? Have they said that?). But have they said there weren't visible signs of "foul play". What I mean is: given the body was possibly in a state of significant decay, perhaps a (for example) missing hand wouldn't initially be considered evidence of foul play. Depends on the decomposition of the body.

So I suppose I'm asking: where do the QP say there's no evidence of foul play?

:)

I'm not sure it really matters. Police did say "no signs of FP", but they could say anything they wanted for strategic reasons.

The hand stuff, well I'd wait for confirmation. Considering likely decomp, it wouldn't be surprising for extemities to be missing - possible that along the gossip grapevine "finger" became "hand". Or hand could actually have been missing, maybe from animals or human interference. Autopsy could tell though, whether it was done at the time of death or a week later, and whether it was surgical (cut) or traumatic (tearing etc as if by animals). So many possibilities, I wouldn't infer anything from it until exact details were known.

I hate the term LoveTap....It sickens me. Just the thought of someone who supposedly loves me, tapping me in such a manner....Mortifies me.

- Two key suspects.

Hey keyboredom I have heard similar stuff from people I know as well who have been involved in interviews.....

To me, the only car that has any form of blue in it and would be considered a smaller 4wd is the car that crashed into the pylon. I wondered if perhap it had scratches to the front of it (from bush when dumping Allison), so he crashed it well and good, so thy wouldnt be noticed. Just one flaw with that is that the car was forensically checked at the scene (so I read here somewhere - which means surely the back was checked). Also, I doubt he would have been silly to even consider bringing that car to his 'police station interview', if that was the very car involved in the dumping of Allison.

Willough, i now agree with you. Initially I thought that HAD to be the car, but logically, who would take the chance of crashing it right near the police station. There must be another blue car.....and maybe it will appear if we do a hercule Poirot and "chercher la femme"

Hey 543, maybe whoever it was just didn't think to switch it off. Maybe they couldn't switch it off because they didn't know her iPhone pin. I dont see how having it on or off points at possible suspects either way- there's loads of explanations why it would be left on.

Only once the battery is flat the phone is untraceable. iPhone batteries are not easily removed. Even when the phone is turned off the GPS will continue to ping until the battery is dead. A perp can turn the iPhone off, and not know that it will continue to ping. I only discovered this last week myself from a friend in the industry.

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this.

I've been thinking about that 'love tap' post from a while ago. There was much discussion about the possibility of the 'one punch can kill' type scenario. But then there are the rumours of GBC's scratches, etc. If he was involved in her death, these two pieces of info don't match unless there was some sort of scuffle/fight beforehand.

yeah mate, agree based on what we know we won't have a definite picture. As someone mentioned on here previously, pushing your way through dense bush in the dark might result in scratches. Not sure if this has relevance to GBC as we haven't seen a clear description or picture of what / where his suggested scratches were.

OK well if we run with that... why would you take both cars? why drive together in the most suss way possible?

(not picking on you, just trying to run each scenario thru til it breaks) :)

And also why would you want evidence in either car? If it's normal hair, clothing fibres etc, well it would be natural to find them in one of the BC cars. Why put in another where they wouldn't make sense?
Or if we're talking other body fluids, what would it take for someone to convince you to get a murder victim's blood etc in your car?
wouldn't you just try to waterproof everything anyway?

First question? Good one! (Have to think about the why 2 cars)

Second question? Cadaver dogs. Smell of death. Waterproofing won't help.

- Two key suspects.

Thanks for this Keyboredom - very very interesting.

So do you have a theory, or have you heard any interesting theories locally, as to why two cars made the trip, rather than one (albeit with two possible perps)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23