Paula Abdul says goodbye to IDOL...

This would be a mistake as far as I am concerned, whatever Paula brought to the show was very unique. Her and Simon were sometimes hilarious and I think it would be quite boring to partake of this show without her there. I was always waiting to hear what Paula would say and how she would eventually manage to spit it out....lol. Big mistake. They should have let Kara go....she was *&#$%@!

My questions is, WHO ELSE is gonna hire her?? I mean, her prime time is done. well maybe not for all but seems to be the consensus where i'm from!

There is something wrong with that girl. I've wondered if she will wind up like MJ one day.

Goodbye and good luck Paula!

It seems all too coincidental that the Idol producers bring Kara on board and then the next season Paula doesn't come back. It sounds to me like they pushed her out. I can't really say I blame them Paula really didn't add anything to the show except long, rambling statements that made me feel uncomfortable.

Paula is great and I watch it religously because she makes me laugh. I won't watch now.

BOYCOTT!!!!!

It seems all too coincidental that the Idol producers bring Kara on board and then the next season Paula doesn't come back. It sounds to me like they pushed her out. I can't really say I blame them Paula really didn't add anything to the show except long, rambling statements that made me feel uncomfortable.

They definitely pushed her out. There was a news story a couple of weeks back with her manager saying the show starts in a couple of weeks and Paula does not even have an initial offer, her contract is over, and we would like the courtesy of knowing what is going on. This was not Paula's idea, they did not invite her back.

I hope this is all just a contract negotiations thing and Paula will be back next season. There was indeed something wrong with her....Paula has been quite open about her prescription drug addiction and her fight to overcome it. I say bravo for her honesty and she brought something very different to the show that I will miss. I hope she really isn't going.

This sucks, quite frankly.
Paula has been in the business and she may say things in a quirky way but she really cares about the contestants. She is a sweet, caring person who is funny, beautiful and talented.

She and Simon are great together. Without her, it's boring Randy and Kara. Bleh.

Idol f'd up on this one .... big time.

I just want to know the real reason she is not coming back. Why would she give that up? Her career was not flourishing before she got Idol or during it. Her potential loss of income must not outweigh something.. I wonder what it is.

Simon kept saying he wanted her back, do you think he really didn't??

I really appreciated Paula's positivity even if she wasn't always coherent. She seemed to have a good heart and genuinely care about the contestants and I think those qualities will be missed.

Paula was part of Idol, whether you like her or not. I'm not a huge fan of Idol, but I like to watch at times just to see what crazy things she will do next.

My prediction is that it "ain't over yet." Pauler will be back. She's a drama queen and knows they want her on the show. It just won't be on her terms.

I loved watching Paula. One never knew what she would do, or if she could manage to even speak......She always fumbled her words. I don't think
it is over yet. Probably holding out for the bigger bucks.

Paula cracked me up....

Can't stand that Karen, she brought nothing to the show. She should go.

Goz

My questions is, WHO ELSE is gonna hire her?? I mean, her prime time is done. well maybe not for all but seems to be the consensus where i'm from!

She has cameos in a new TV series called Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime. It's a great show. Paula's been in a few TV movies.

She can dance, act and sing ... someone will hire her.

Am I the only one who likes Kara?

Paula was good tv... but I did feel embarrassed for her, at times, when she would be totally out of it. There is just nothing funny, charming, sweet or cute when someone is slurring their words and rambling in a way that exposes them as possibly being under the influence of something.

She has an offer to take part as a guest judge/choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance. That would be pretty cool... but the thought of Paula in a lushy moment of ramblings paired with that screaming banshee, Mary Murphy: welcome to the gates of hell. LoL

Am I the only one who likes Kara?

I don't mind Kara, but her opinion duplicates Randy's so much of the time, I don't see what she adds. (But I LOVED her bikini bit on last year's finale. What a good sport--and she looks great in swimwear!)

But let's face it, for the past several years, what have we all been talking about on the morning after each show? What Paula said and what Paula did.

I can imagine she was a handful, but if this is a move by the AI producers, it's a mistake.

OK, per New York Entertainment Simon Cowel has been offered between $100million and $144 million per year by Fox and 19 Entertainment to extend his Idol contract when it expires at the end of next May. Ryan Seacrest has approximately 45 million reasons to be happy on this Monday morning. He signed an exclusive three-year deal with Idol parent company CKX, making him the most highly compensated reality-show television host in history. Paula was offered 30% more of her 5 million dollar salary a year as an Idol Judge and that's most likely why she feels she needs to hold out for more. I could see why she would be unhappy with "the men" making so much more..But, I have to admit..Paula does make the show Interesting.. Kara...BORING!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back