Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ann Tidman is not Shelly Miscavige.

So where is Shelly?

The best information we have comes from John Brousseau, who escaped from Int Base in 2010.

Before he left, he says that it was common knowledge at Int Base, which is near Hemet, California, east of Los Angeles, that Shelly was being held at another base about 60 miles away -- the headquarters of the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a complex in the mountains above LA."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_shelly_miscavige_disappeared.php

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...marriage-contract-urban-legend_n_1643267.html

"That urban legend probably grew out of a misunderstanding of what actually did occur," said Tony Ortega, editor-in-chief of the Village Voice, in an email to The Huffington Post. Ortega claimed that "several young women were vetted by the church and 'tried out' as Tom's next wife before Katie Holmes was chosen" and that each was required to sign multiple nondisclosure agreements before they dated Cruise -- a "standard procedure in the church."

"The church was being very careful as it helped Tom find a new wife. Although Cruise and the church were successful keeping that quiet at the time, it was only after he and Nicole split up in 2000 that Cruise gradually began getting back into Scientology in a big way," he said.

"By 2004, he was very gung-ho, and the process for finding him a new wife, this one approved by the church, was under way," he said.

Ortega, who has been covering Scientology since 1995, said he has interviewed hundreds of people about the history of the church -- an institution where Cruise ranks second or third in command, according to celebrity biographer Andrew Morton, author of "Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography."

The Village Voice blog on scientology is one of the best and most accurate. Most of the commenters are ex-members.

So where is Shelly?

The best information we have comes from John Brousseau, who escaped from Int Base in 2010.

Before he left, he says that it was common knowledge at Int Base, which is near Hemet, California, east of Los Angeles, that Shelly was being held at another base about 60 miles away -- the headquarters of the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST), a complex in the mountains above LA."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_shelly_miscavige_disappeared.php

scientology doesn't do things that hideous, but they do things that are really bad. JMO

I agree. But it's not the same. What has happened to some members of the church is not relevant to TC and Katie's custody case.

I'm not explaining the difference well enough. I'm sorry! I just don't know how to do it.

But basically, the court is going to listen to witnesses that have testimony about things that directly affect Suri, like TC's plans for her, or any threats to place her in a work camp, or possibly the commencement of "auditing" at a young age, or whether there have have been any threats against Katie, or plans to control her or stalk her, or to take Suri away should she divorce, or whether TC has ever been violent or threatening with Katie, harassing, etc.

Family court is simply not going to listen to testimony from various people that does not relate to the Cruise family. So, an ex-member's tales of being overworked and not paid and controlled and threatened and intimidated by church officials over the course of 27 years, will not be heard. An ex-member's tales of confidential "auditing" sessions being exposed or used against him or her may be heard for the narrow purpose of deciding whether Suri can participate in "auditing" at her age.
Various members' tales about plans for a mass suicide would be heard, obviously, because it relates to a direct threat to Suri.

Otherwise, the history of scientology, the missing members, the abuse, the control, a judge just ain't gonna' hear much of that and there is absolutely no way in he!! that a family court judge is going to decide whether the religion is legitimate or a cult or inherently dangerous. All the judge can do is decide what is in Suri's best interest based on what her parents and their witnesses say as directly relates to what is happening to Suri or has been directly threatened to happen to Suri.

So where is Shelly?

Why can't concerned citizens ask for a welfare check?

Tom Cruise will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35 EST. ..
wonder if he will talk about the divorce???

So where is Shelly?

That was a very interesting article. I was surprised to learn from it that the words of LRH are etched in titanium and stored to protect them from nuclear war. Creepy.

I feel that TC was molding Katie into his idea of a royal, scientology wife. I was struck by how matronly her style became - her hair and clothes.

I had no idea it was he who demanded she be called "Kate" since she is in her "child bearing years", ick.

I didn't know he controlled what parts she took. Playing Mrs. Kennedy? That makes sense. It's what he envisions he and "Kate" as, America's "first couple".

It will be interesting to see how she develops now that she's free.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/05/08/tom_cruise_cut_topless_scene_from_thank_ from May 2006

Tom Cruise has ordered topless scenes of his fiancée Katie Holmes to be cut from her latest film. The Mission: Impossible III actor insists the actress' sexy stripping scenes in 'Thank You For Smoking' go against his strict Scientology beliefs, which instruct followers to act with decency and integrity.

A source said: "Tom wasn't too pleased when he found out about Katie. She flashed quite a lot of flesh and he didn't think it was appropriate because of their Scientology beliefs. Katie was happy to go along with it."

The brunette's raunchy sex scene with Aaron Eckhart was included in the first screening on the film at the Toronto Film Festival in Canada last year, however, it had been mysteriously deleted when the film was screened at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah this year.

At the festival, director Jason Reitman quipped that the scene wasn't included because of a "technical glitch"

ITA gitana1, I will be interested to see what her role selections will look like without Tom or the "church"'s judgments being a factor.

I remember when they married and the film Thank You For Smoking came out. I thought the role was a pretty strong departure from her usual safe girl next door roles and applauded her bravery for taking on such a different role. Tom apparently disapproved of Katie's choices in that role and immediately sought to undo the "damage".

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/05/08/tom_cruise_cut_topless_scene_from_thank_ from May 2006

Tom Cruise has ordered topless scenes of his fiancée Katie Holmes to be cut from her latest film. The Mission: Impossible III actor insists the actress' sexy stripping scenes in 'Thank You For Smoking' go against his strict Scientology beliefs, which instruct followers to act with decency and integrity.

A source said: "Tom wasn't too pleased when he found out about Katie. She flashed quite a lot of flesh and he didn't think it was appropriate because of their Scientology beliefs. Katie was happy to go along with it."

The brunette's raunchy sex scene with Aaron Eckhart was included in the first screening on the film at the Toronto Film Festival in Canada last year, however, it had been mysteriously deleted when the film was screened at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah this year.

At the festival, director Jason Reitman quipped that the scene wasn't included because of a "technical glitch"

ITA gitana1, I will be interested to see what her role selections will look like without Tom or the "church"'s judgments being a factor.

I remember when they married and the film Thank You For Smoking came out. I thought the role was a pretty strong departure from her usual safe girl next door roles and applauded her bravery for taking on such a different role. Tom apparently disapproved of Katie's choices in that role and immediately sought to undo the "damage".

bbm.....interesting cuz i heard this photo was a last straw for her :waitasec:

a_250x375.jpg

^^^ Yuck! Lol!^^^ Even all the touching up on that photo does not help it, jmo.

I don't understand KH allowing all that control from TC, but maybe she wouldn't have had any roles without him that amounted to any acknowledgement and that is why. I just don't know, I couldn't do it.

Anyone know what happened with the adopted children, I mean, why Nicole Kidman stayed out of it. Why not fight as hard as she could to be more a part of their lives? Many children are turned against one of the divorced parents I realize, but if the non-custodial parent would fight for visitation and follow through, much of that can be stopped as children will know and see what is going on and come to their own conclusions as soon as they are free of the controlling parent. ETA: Okay, after googling it seems Scientology is blamed for Nicole not being with their 2 children, however, the 2 children now seem to be interested in Nicole. Doubt Scientology will allow that to happen. What a shame. No one cares that these children have no idea who their bio parents are, were ripped away from an adoptive parent, and controlled by or rarely saw adoptive dad. I just cannot understand the complete coldness and disregard for human life.

bbm.....interesting cuz i heard this photo was a last straw for her :waitasec:

a_250x375.jpg

I also heard that one, but the reason that is being most discussed and quoted in articles is the Scientology/Suri and bootcamp issue.

If the publicity photo WAS a factor perhaps because of a perceived double standard on Tom's views about what is appropriate public display/image for a married woman as opposed to what is appropriate public display/image for a married man.

I know that would irk me if my husband was so rigid in his idea of how my image relfects upon him but so loose with how his may reflect on me.

Mystery of missing wife of Scientology leader: Woman who played matchmaker to Katie and Tom hasn't been seen since 2007

• Shelly Miscavige is credited as the cupid to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' doomed alliance
  • Theories surrounding the disappearance of Shelly from running away to death from cancer
  • A more extraordinary claim is that she was locked up in 'The Hole', after allegedly being caught filing job applications without her husband's consent
  • Others claim she was sent on an intense 'behavior modification program' at a remote, confidential location
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Miscaviges-ex-seen-2007.html#ixzz1zlxWkdqa

Tom Cruise will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35 EST. ..
wonder if he will talk about the divorce???

I'm really starting to believe this was all planned....and the charade is just beginning. If not...I can't imagine the look on his face when he found out. Can you imagine the tribble coming out of his mouth had she stuck around to tell him? I don't know how she stayed sane after hearing some of the things he has said.

Good luck Katie.

^^^ Yuck! Lol!^^^ Even all the touching up on that photo does not help it, jmo.

I don't understand KH allowing all that control from TC, but maybe she wouldn't have had any roles without him that amounted to any acknowledgement and that is why. I just don't know, I couldn't do it.

Anyone know what happened with the adopted children, I mean, why Nicole Kidman stayed out of it. Why not fight as hard as she could to be more a part of their lives? Many children are turned against one of the divorced parents I realize, but if the non-custodial parent would fight for visitation and follow through, much of that can be stopped as children will know and see what is going on and come to their own conclusions as soon as they are free of the controlling parent. ETA: Okay, after googling it seems Scientology is blamed for Nicole not being with their 2 children, however, the 2 children now seem to be interested in Nicole. Doubt Scientology will allow that to happen. What a shame. No one cares that these children have no idea who their bio parents are, were ripped away from an adoptive parent, and controlled by or rarely saw adoptive dad. I just cannot understand the complete coldness and disregard for human life.

If you google, there haven't been photos or stories evidencing any physical contact whatsoever with Nicole and her kids in years: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...stant-relationship-with-nicole-kidman-2012105

What about all the gay rumors that were bandied about?

I also heard that one, but the reason that is being most discussed and quoted in articles is the Scientology/Suri and bootcamp issue.

If the publicity photo WAS a factor perhaps because of a perceived double standard on Tom's views about what is appropriate public display/image for a married woman as opposed to what is appropriate public display/image for a married man.

I know that would irk me if my husband was so rigid in his idea of how my image relfects upon him but so loose with how his may reflect on me.

thats a HUGE double standard with a lot of men - even outside of scientology...i had a BF once who was very critical how i dressed (i didnt dress like a hooker lol)...he wanted me to dress in the least possible way that would draw attention of other men @@ (conservative to the extreme).....all awhile it was ok for him to go to strip clubs, etc....

yeah, okaaaaay. common contradiction found amongst many men......

that relationship didnt last....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member