GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

Hi RebeccaC

Below is a link of news provided yesterday about the baby. There was an earlier news item upthread about the baby also.

What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_18937.shtml

Posted Monday, August 6, 2012, 07:33 PM EDT

Ballman, 23, was 9 months pregnant at the time of her death; the baby did not survive. Monday, the Delaware County Coroner ruled that the unborn child died due to a lack of oxygen.
<snipped>

What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.

Yes, she was still pregnant and the baby was dead. Obviously once the mother dies, there is a very short window of opportunity to get the baby out. If the baby isn't removed very quickly, the baby will die.

Is anyone else on here from New Albany too? No one in town is really talking about this. Very odd!

:genie:

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS "NEWALBANY'' AND "REBECCAC'' AND "MKC08"

:wagon: :welcome5: :party:

That ad is truly bizarre...is it someone with a fetish for pregnant women?
Or a lure to hurt them, or "test" something on them?

A pregnant woman without a source of income might be desperate to find some sort of income.
I don't know what kind of ad this was that she responded to, but police don't think it was for cleaning. With the previous 911 caller, it sounds to me like he was putting in ads for some sort of modeling? From the prior 911 call, it was alleged he wanted to draw digestive system on a woman and take photos.

I don't think this case is even close to coming out yet. Something tells me, base on location of where the body was found, the vulnerability of the victim, AND the past incidents that occurred at the residency, AND the ad the was posted, THIS DOESN'T LOOK GOOD IMO. Regardless if this doctor is innocent or guilty, he has a lot to explain 2.

I'm wondering if she answered an ad like this and not a cleaning ad. Maybe she told her mom she was going to clean.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cas/3172517092.html

Anyone that answers an ad like that in today's world is asking for trouble. With the number of babies being cut from their mother, the mom being killed for the baby, etc. moms-to-be are more at risk out in the world today than years ago. Too many psychos out there. That one baby was taken from the parking lot of the pediatrician and his mom is dead, too.
I tend to believe she told her mom the truth until someone provides proof of other circumstances.

I believe you've all provided enough evidence to support the 'other ad' claim. Mea Culpa. Sorry.

That's what I was thinking. Geez, craigslist is a VERY scary place.

The thing that's scary here, how many naive females might answer these kinds of ads and end up losing their baby and their life? Sheesh.

The one here is barely existent anymore, which is good. It is scary!

Looking for a used car once and looked there. An ad said xxxx kind of car, bring $2,000 cash! I'm certain anyone that went got robbed or murdered. I don't like these free advertising boards at all, too dangerous.

I've bought stuff from there, and did sell something, but haven't had any problems. That one kid and his gf went to buy a computer, got robbed of the money and their cell phones, and when they chased the guys, the young man was shot and killed. You really have to be careful. I can't imagine selling yourself online.

This case sounds alot like the one out east where the girl went on a "call" and ended up drowning but several bodies were found nearby. Wasn't the guy in that hired her a Dr. too? Hmm..I think I'll go check..

Do you mean Shannan Gilbert and the Long Island Serial Killer?

Hmmm. I believe she was pregnant at the time, as the reason for thinking she couldn't get another kind of job was stated that "she thought no one would hire someone that is 9 months pregnant." Can't be sure until we hear more. Could be something LE is keeping quiet until the killer slips up and says something only LE knows.

I cannot find any new news, wish we had some updates.

Am very concerned about the doc, his ads on a free site, and the calls that came once people got to his house!

I can't swear to it, but I was pretty sure they said the baby didn't survive either. It was in one of those news links.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_18961.shtml

So, does anyone believe it's possible someone harmed her for the fetus? Or is that looking less likely as things progress? Because you're all correct. It seems more like the doctor is kind of 'out there'. Maybe he didn't know she was pregnant and that spoiled his plans?

So, does anyone believe it's possible someone harmed her for the fetus? Or is that looking less likely as things progress? Because you're all correct. It seems more like the doctor is kind of 'out there'. Maybe he didn't know she was pregnant and that spoiled his plans?

Don't think anyone wanted the fetus as the baby is gone.

I'm really curious about what this docs deal is. Odd fetishes? Even if so, that should not lead to murder. Hope they give us more news.

Did you get this ad off craigslist? I mean, I'm asking, are ads like this out there for real?

Yes, on the Columbus Craigslist. This is not the only one by far! Some are fetish related, some wanting to adopt/buy, others who are looking for an instant family situation. This one is especially odd because it's listed as new Albany and NA really isn't the type of place where you see these kind of listings. Not saying its related but the timing seems right too.

So, does anyone believe it's possible someone harmed her for the fetus? ...?

I don't think so. Since the fetus was still in her when she was found, and no attempts were made to remove it. In the type of cases somebody kills a pregnant woman for the fetus, the fetus would have been removed-or at least an attempt would have been made.

I suppose the ad the doctor placed would have been removed by now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back