TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me.

Was ADT at their home? Where did this info come from? Thanks!

Columbo

It came from me....ADT was there when everyone was gathering at Walmart on Monday.
I've never noticed an alarm before, but they may have one. Also...they park on the driveway....no idea what's in the garage or why they don't use it for their cars

I've been thinking a lot about ways to find the jeep. I have Sirius satellite radio in my car. We pay extra for something called Sirius Travel Link. It is an extra feature that can show me weather, accidents along a route I have entered, etc. It also shows me the nearest intersection. I wonder if Sirius also has a way to access that information whether or not she had a subscription. We let our subscription lapse and all I had to do to reconnect it was contact Sirius, make sure my car was not in the garage at a certain time, and they sent the signal to the car. I wonder if Sirius could send a signal to locate the car?

Another thing I have found is that in 2010 the Jeep Rubicon came with the option of UConnect phone and/or Web. It allows you to do the bluetooth calls if she paired her phone with it AND it makes your car a mobile hotspot. Sooo, we don't know if she upgraded to this option. We need to find out because if she did have it, there is a FindMyCar App.

I hadn't thought of the blue tooth in the car thing until someone else mentioned it a few posts back. They also said it's POSSIBLE that's why the phone pinged the day of 5/02, because the phone was in the car as it changed towers, or something like that.

Anyway, that's a good thought. I wish we knew what her cell phone said on where the phone was from 12:15 p.m. 4/30 to say, 6 p.m. 5/02.

Where was Gail AND Matt and the kids, between 4/30 to 5/02?

Where is Gail?

JMHO
fran

Just FWIW, on this 'Gail was dillusional' thing. This is a common ploy an abuser will use. Turn the tide on the victim. IF all else fails, they say "See what you made me do."

Obviously Gail found out about the other woman as revealed by the neighbor. As there had been recent dv 911 calls answered to the home, it appears to be a matter of a spouse finding out their spouse cheated and trying to deal with the betrayal. I'm am pretty confident there were many more discussions, and most likely angry discussions about his betrayal. It's not beyond believing there were even personal threats and intimidation to get the discussion off the guilty party (meaning the cheater).

I'm not saying the husband did anything, but he COULD have threatened to , which was why Gail was scared and concerned for her safety. She MAY have been followed as backed up by the neighbor who said she DID see a strange car in the neighborhood several times at the time Gail said she was being 'followed.' We don't know the true answer except speculation, at this time.

It's also not unusual for an abuse victim, whether just verbal or physical too, to tell others. We just finished a case where the wife told several people of mental abuse, yet the abuser claimed all those people were lying and he was really a good guy. Course, the wife was permanently silenced, so she was not able to give her first hand statement as to the truth of the matter.

Interesting that several people, between LE (said no evidence of mental problems), friends, neighbors, family of the victim, all say Gail was not mentally unstable yet we're taking the husband's word for it, she was. Of course she was, NOT! imho..............He wants you to believe she was unstable and she is missing because she wants to be gone. It's NOT his fault. Move along, nothing to see here, {poof!} MISSING WITHOUT A TRACE, never to be seen again.:(

IMHO, LE SHOULD be investigating this as a crime. For although there's no {proof!} there's been foul play here, there's ALSO circumstantial {proof} that there has been foul play and Gail isn't missing because she wants to be.

JMHO
fran

PS...............like they say, "You never know what goes on behind closed doors."

http://verbalabusejournals.com/verbal-abuse-tag-index/crazy-making.php
Verbal Abuse Journal

Abusers accomplish crazy-making in a variety of ways. For example, s/he may say one thing and then swearing they said the opposite or didn't say it at all, "talk the talk" but not walk the walk, claim that you are crazy, unbalanced, forgetful, out to get them, etc.

http://www.justicewomen.com/help_family_law.html
Beware Family Court:What Victims and Advocates Should Know

B. In Family Court an Abuser can Launch Free Ranging Counterattacks against the Victim.
In Criminal Court, Counterattacks by the Abuser Are Forbidden or Tightly Restricted.

It's at that next court date that the abuser so often comes into court fully armed not only to shoot down her accusations, but also to launch his own set of unrestricted accusations against the victim. True or untrue, he piles it on: 'she uses drugs', 'hits the kids', 'neglects the kids', 'drives drunk', 'is crazy', 'won't get a job.' 'works all the time,' 'is mentally ill', "spends the rent money," and whatever other rant comes into his abusive head.

http://www.naffoundation.org/Gaslighting.htm
First stage: abuser-victim gaslighting attempts

They convince the victims that nobody will believe what the victims say about the abusers (often, this is true).

They convince the victims that their intuition and judgment are faulty.

They enlist help from gullible or abusive family members, neighbors, religious peers, and more to convince the victims that they are crazy, delusional and/or mentally ill.

In the section about "gaslighting" one of the things the abuser does is threaten to destroy the victim's belongings, should the victim attempt to leave. Not that this is necessarily what is happening here, but we do have Gail distributing some of her belongings to neighbors.

In the section about "gaslighting" one of the things the abuser does is threaten to destroy the victim's belongings, should the victim attempt to leave. Not that this is necessarily what is happening here, but we do have Gail distributing some of her belongings to neighbors.

Now, understand, I am NOT saying the husband in this case is abusive, he may not be. Or may not have been until his wife found out about the alleged affair. But these things go in patterns. It's an MO, if you will.

Another thing the abuser uses against the spouse, is the 'kids.' We've seen this over and over and over in previous cases. Because abusers know it CAN force the victim to stay, and, or, they are one of their possessions. Therefore, that MAY BE why Gail returned the children and then fled. She knew if she left the kids he MAY leave her alone. She may have not felt danger for the kids in his hands, but knew SHE felt danger and wanted to distance herself.

Again, I am NOT saying this happened here, but it is a possibility that should be looked at by LE.

No stone should be unturned, IMHO. No clues anywhere else, so the last place she was before she disappeared was the home. Step 1.

JMHO
fran

thank you for that. I have said before, i will be floored if MP really is involved in this in a sinister way, even though I only have met him a few times. I have always liked him, from the time I met him. I too think he is in a tough spot. I DO think there is more he could be doing, and should be doing, like helping with the searches, or posting more flyers, or more televised heart-felt pleas, but that is only MOO, and there may be reasons unbeknownst to us as to WHY he is not. And maybe too much time had past in their marriage where there was any real love involved, I don't know. But she still is the mother of his children, that alone should induce a bit more outward-appearing compassion, if only for their sakes.

I pray for all of them.

In my experience, there are always signs beforehand which point to the propensity for premeditated violence - i.e. inappropriate comments @ inappropriate times, preoccupation w/outward appearances, controlling behaviors, inappropriate flares of anger @ unusual times, etc... But, the thing is, you have to be around the person in question enough to see/recognize them. Unfortunately, meeting a person on a couple of ocaissions in a social situation(s) would not give someone the opportunity to make an accurate assessment.

In my opinion, if Matt did something heinous to Gail, there would be certain personality traits which would point in that direction.

In my experience, there are always signs beforehand which point to the propensity for premeditated violence - i.e. inappropriate comments @ inappropriate times, preoccupation w/outward appearances, controlling behaviors, inappropriate flares of anger @ unusual times, etc... But, the thing is, you have to be around the person in question enough to see/recognize them. Unfortunately, meeting a person on a couple of ocaissions in a social situation(s) would not give someone the opportunity to make an accurate assessment.

In my opinion, if Matt did something heinous to Gail, there would be certain personality traits which would point in that direction.

bolded by me.

That is so right--Matt is acting hinky in a lot of ways now, but no one has stepped forward to say, "hmmm...you know I always got a weird vibe from him" or anything to that effect. Of course, people could be thinking this and not stepping forward! Several posters have said they'd be floored if he had done anything sinister. So ?????? the mystery continues.

Now, understand, I am NOT saying the husband in this case is abusive, he may not be. Or may not have been until his wife found out about the alleged affair. But these things go in patterns. It's an MO, if you will.

Another thing the abuser uses against the spouse, is the 'kids.' We've seen this over and over and over in previous cases. Because abusers know it CAN force the victim to stay, and, or, they are one of their possessions. Therefore, that MAY BE why Gail returned the children and then fled. She knew if she left the kids he MAY leave her alone. She may have not felt danger for the kids in his hands, but knew SHE felt danger and wanted to distance herself.

Again, I am NOT saying this happened here, but it is a possibility that should be looked at by LE.

No stone should be unturned, IMHO. No clues anywhere else, so the last place she was before she disappeared was the home. Step 1.

JMHO
fran

bolded by me.

fran, I do understand you aren't saying there was any abuse.

Re the bolded: That is right, the HOUSE needs to be searched, actually both homes--and if the police had searched there, we'd know about it...unless they disguised themselves as ADT and did a search in disguise??:waitasec:

That might work in some places, but not with the Tennessee or Alabama State Patrols. Seriously, she would know that.

Plus as many have stated here, Signal Mountain is known as a speed trap where they pull people over for any little thing. Not having a DL on you is just going to get someone a large fine and possibly a day in traffic court.

I can see no reason why a woman who just drove home four hours from Alabama would dump her DL and her purse and then drive away. This strikes me as a classic case of someone not leaving on their own, and maybe whoever left the stuff behind didn't think about how it would look to LE. JMOO

It's a bit like the Hailey Dunn case in which we are supposed to believe that young teenage girl would leave behind not only her purse and her brand new iPod, but her coat and shoes on a cold day in winter. It makes no sense.

I spent a night in jail over it. That's the SMPD for you. :maddening:

OK, Please don't throw rocks at me :couch: but another reason someone would leave personal items with other people would be because they are contemplating suicide? JMOO MOO

i'm jumping off your post I snipped, jane.......

the cops were at her house 2 weeks in a row and no arrests.

i think gail may have originally planned on leaving matt and the fact that he was allowed by the officer to stay at their house may have tipped her over the edge. she may have thought terrible thoughts and may have followed through with them.

That really does make you think, why the scattering of personal items.

maybe so as to not put all of your eggs in one basket. if her hubby found out that one person had all the items and started trouble with that family it might not be as easy to get the items back.

Give me the afternoon to try and get a SAR group...just so we dont have multiple people trying to do the same thing. :) I have been working on this since this AM.

My thoughts on ADT: I think Gail changed the program/password on the alarms and he had to have them re-program. Or like my families case, he never knew them at all.

I still can't get past she had an AL plate and license? Aren't you suppose to list your primary residence for registration and license? Taxes, etc. I could buy a car in DE which doesn't have any sales tax, but would still have to pay tax to PA because I lived there. IIRC. Something is not right there, imo. Do we know when she purchased the jeep? Anyone work for TDOT?

This isn't that big of a deal. Chattanooga is on the border of both Georgia and Alabama. Some people live in TN and work in GA, and vice versa. I've known people who lived on Sand Mountain in AL and worked in Chattanooga. Technically her car is probably supposed to have TN tags, but it really doesn't matter.

Technically if she lives in Signal Mt, she's probably supposed to have a TN DL, but if she was stopped by police they wouldn't think anything of seeing an AL license. It's just no biggie french fry.

What's important is that she didn't take her Driver's License with her.

When she is found, the only laughing from her friends will be from uncontrollable and intense relief, no matter how angry she may be...but I've never heard Gail raise her voice in anger (not to say she doesn't)...firm, emphatic, no-nonsense, frustrated...but not mad as hell and the fury that implies...

I don't know all you said due to the snipping, but the main problem is that he didn't look for her, let a supposedly crazed woman drive off with his kids, lawyered up with a CD lawyer, made out of context statements on a court order to make his wife look bad, and just implied in a PC he was doing everything possible to find her. ( he would be rolling into bed at midnight exhausted from talking to everyone he could and passing out fliers and on facebook etc....he hired a PI yes, but what is the PI doing exactly...?).

Matt is indeed very smart, but how does he think this makes him look.....how do you even really explain this? These are not smart-"bereaved" husband actions, they seem more like smart "guilty" husband.

Yes, and as we all know, "smart" is not the same as "honest," "kind," "good," or "not-guilty." :innocent:

You can never know what someone is capable of, but my knowledge of Matt Palmgren doesn't let me believe that he has done anything to harm Gail. He is a friendly, personable, fun loving type. He is a concerned and involved father - coaching ball teams, etc. He isn't the type to own a lake house for the prestige of it, but to have a great place to take the kids for the weekend. He's the type to take an afternoon off from work to take his mother to the Dr., or take a flight 100's of miles to go to the funeral or wedding of a friend. He's far from perfect, but I would never have imagined that he would be in the present situation.

You seem to know him pretty well, or at least well enough to have formed an opinion of him as a person. You describe him as going out of his way for his family and friends, but...

Don't you think this person you descibe would invite/insist that the sister of his missing wife, who has come down from NY to search for her, to stay with them at the house with her niece and nephew? or at least spend time with them?

Why was MP seated a row behind Diane at the press conference and not beside her in solidarity? They were not even standing in unison at the podium taking turns when speaking.

Most importantly: do you think if there was a very good reason why GP would be missing by choice that this would not have been communicated to Diane?

If the person you describe above knew something about GP's disappearance (personally or through the children) which made him believe she was either not endangered or not in the area, wouldn't he share that with his sister-in-law instead of leaving her to be the "one person" searching this "large area to cover"?

I've been thinking a lot about ways to find the jeep. I have Sirius satellite radio in my car. We pay extra for something called Sirius Travel Link. It is an extra feature that can show me weather, accidents along a route I have entered, etc. It also shows me the nearest intersection. I wonder if Sirius also has a way to access that information whether or not she had a subscription. We let our subscription lapse and all I had to do to reconnect it was contact Sirius, make sure my car was not in the garage at a certain time, and they sent the signal to the car. I wonder if Sirius could send a signal to locate the car?

Another thing I have found is that in 2010 the Jeep Rubicon came with the option of UConnect phone and/or Web. It allows you to do the bluetooth calls if she paired her phone with it AND it makes your car a mobile hotspot. Sooo, we don't know if she upgraded to this option. We need to find out because if she did have it, there is a FindMyCar App.

http://autos.yahoo.com/jeep/wrangler/2010/rubicon/features.html this site says sirius is standard with a year of free service. sirius traffic service requires extra compatible navigation equipment built in to the car, which was an option on the rubicon but not standard. http://www.siriusxm.com/siriustraffic

it would come with this package: Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3 - $1,550
Voice activating system includes radio settings, includes phone, includes navigation system and voice memo/notepad; Wireless connection Bluetooth; Entertainment display screen front; MP3 player; Connection to ext.entertainment devices includes input AUX jack and includes input USB connection; Navigational systems : information type: 3D and voice and touch screen controls HDD and 6.5; Audio system with satellite, Disc Autochanger and six-disc remote changer; 1 year Sirius Realtime Traffic service; Display traffic Information; Disc autochanger dashboard, 6 and DVD; Excludes: [REQ] Media Center 230 6-CD/DVD/MP3

Read more: http://www.internetautoguide.com/30...t-utility-packages-options.html#ixzz1Mp1Ono87

Exactly-sorry if my post was obscure. Did she leave with anything other than her keys and cellphone (TY Oriah for clarifying for me) that she might depend on? I mean she took nothing with her with which she could transact her day to day business other than her cell phone and her keys?

Or am I mistaken?

Realistically, we don't know that she took the cell phone. From the timeline LE is projecting at this point, the last contact was at 12:15 pm, with SB's sighting. We don't know what time Diane called her. If after 12:15 then we could say she did have it, if not...maybe she didn't...and someone else had control of it?

You seem to know him pretty well, or at least well enough to have formed an opinion of him as a person. You describe him as going out of his way for his family and friends, but...
*snipped*

He has not gone out of his way to help or find Gail since she went missing. If he's the type of person to go out of his way for his family, then I am boggled how he has acted since his wife disappeared. The mother of his children, who I am sure miss their mother. I do not know what happened to Gail and I don't pretend to know. It's just the kind of person he's described as being and his actions since the disappearance of his wife are total opposites! That doesn't make a lick of sense.

I would like to share something. My father was abusive to my mother and SOMETIMES us kids. Mostly my mom, though. No one outside the home knew then and they don't know now. He puts on a great, helpful, funny, easy-going-type of polite guy act on for every one outside the home. When he's at home, he shows his true colors and turns the act off. Everyone has always thought and still does that my dad is this great, awesome, kind, and friendly guy. Abusers know what they are doing is wrong and they know to hide it.

None of that makes Matt guilty. I just thought I'd mention that because it is very true. I have first hand knowledge of it. I lived it. I have even worked at the same place as my dad and everyone LOVES him. If they ever heard about the things he has done at home, I don't think they would believe it and if they had proof I'm sure they would be shocked beyond belief. Even my dad's own family has no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member