Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bumping this thread because I am still interested in the clothing selections of the players. At the most recent hearing, Casey was wearing a very loose blue shirt and her hair down. Such a different look from the business-like attire and hair bun from a previous hearing. It does not seem well thought out. I wonder if Casey won't let anyone tell her what to wear.

I mean, what is the look they are going for? IMO, it should be consistent, and presented from Day One of the court appearances.

Once when I was on jury duty, the defendant was a 16-year-old girl who had brutally bludgeoned her boyfriend to death with a club. She entered the courtroom wearing the most beautiful diaphanous white dress that gave her such an angelic look! I didn't make it past the voir dire on that one so don't know how it turned out.

Just wonderin'.

*bump*

This thread is for serious discussion on her court presentation and impact on the case. It is not to criticize her appearance in general.

I had the feeling that LKB had a hand in the hair, clothes decision for KC when she was in court wearing her hair in a bun. I think now that LKB is gone KC is back to wearing her hair the way she likes it, I don't see a couple of male attorney's insisting on a certain female hairstyle, it seems like something another female might do. I bet KC was glad LKB wasn't there for the last court appearance, I have no idea if she is permanently off the case, but I got the feeling KC didn't like the bun much...just my opinion.

I am bumping this thread because I am still interested in the clothing selections of the players. At the most recent hearing, Casey was wearing a very loose blue shirt and her hair down. Such a different look from the business-like attire and hair bun from a previous hearing. It does not seem well thought out. I wonder if Casey won't let anyone tell her what to wear.

I mean, what is the look they are going for? IMO, it should be consistent, and presented from Day One of the court appearances.

Once when I was on jury duty, the defendant was a 16-year-old girl who had brutally bludgeoned her boyfriend to death with a club. She entered the courtroom wearing the most beautiful diaphanous white dress that gave her such an angelic look! I didn't make it past the voir dire on that one so don't know how it turned out.

Just wonderin'.

*bump*

Personally, and this is just me mind you, I thought they made a very serious error when they dressed her up in the little jacket and the bun in her hair. To the "I am a plain old matronly mother" look from the "I am the sexiest girl in the hot body contest" look was further than a mind could begin to wrap around. I think Baez KNOWS that was a HUGE MISTAKE, and thus, she was more youthful and casual in this most recent appearance. He wants to portray something innocent, and youth is a good place to aim-much moreso than that spinster look with the bun...I mean, come on Baez, what WAS that? I know old regular Baptist women and Amish women who are not as SEVERE as all that she appeared to be in the matronly get-up.

I think he needs to go for NON seductive yet youthful attire-nothing sexy, but nothing ELDERLY! She is barely in her 20's and she looked like a 45 year old spinster! I think how she looked this time created much more of a favorable "look" as opposed to what we have to compare with.:)

I had the feeling that LKB had a hand in the hair, clothes decision for KC when she was in court wearing her hair in a bun. I think now that LKB is gone KC is back to wearing her hair the way she likes it, I don't see a couple of male attorney's insisting on a certain female hairstyle, it seems like something another female might do. I bet KC was glad LKB wasn't there for the last court appearance, I have no idea if she is permanently off the case, but I got the feeling KC didn't like the bun much...just my opinion.

So it's certain then that LKB is gone? For sure? When did that transpire? Sorry for 101 questions, but this is a point I have been attempting to validate for some time. Thanks for any assistance.:)

Personally, and this is just me mind you, I thought they made a very serious error when they dressed her up in the little jacket and the bun in her hair. To the "I am a plain old matronly mother" look from the "I am the sexiest girl in the hot body contest" look was further than a mind could begin to wrap around. I think Baez KNOWS that was a HUGE MISTAKE, and thus, she was more youthful and casual in this most recent appearance. He wants to portray something innocent, and youth is a good place to aim-much moreso than that spinster look with the bun...I mean, come on Baez, what WAS that? I know old regular Baptist women and Amish women who are not as SEVERE as all that she appeared to be in the matronly get-up.

I think he needs to go for NON seductive yet youthful attire-nothing sexy, but nothing ELDERLY! She is barely in her 20's and she looked like a 45 year old spinster! I think how she looked this time created much more of a favorable "look" as opposed to what we have to compare with.:)
Yeah, I think you're right, but somebody might want to tell her to stop playing with her hair. She shouldn't "appear" to look so interested in HER appearance while on trial for murdering her own child.

Fersur the way she looked this last time was far better than the other 2 times. Lets give JB one more chance. He seems to be in "learning" mode most of the time.

What really got my goat this time was that the cameras were behind her.
I want to "read" her and can't if I can't see her. Wish the press would take care of this problem.

I can't quit thinking that KC sits in jail and has fallen into a routine. She learned to adjust to the guards and has interactions with them. She brings those same interactions to the court room because she hasn't yet figured out how to act in the court room scene.

While JB was keeping her locked up and away from the court room because he didn't want peeps to see how she acts (non caring)-----he was at the same time deprived her the time to adjust to the style that would make her more "involved" (?) in what is going on around her.

She has had to do this her whole life-------sucks off e-1 else's mannerisms.
:twocents:

More importantly to me than her attire, I thought KC really looked stressed and anxious, what little bit I saw of her face. Worried. Since she has previously been so animated and bright, I thought this was significant. Made me wonder if the magnitude of what she has done is beginning to hit her.

As for the clothes, IDK..I think she'll be dressed much better when the trial starts. I haven't thought any of the clothing attire were image enhancers at all. On a more personal note, I think she looks better with her hair pulled back. In her defense (I can't believe I'm doing this) she has very fine textured hair, and she kept messing with it because it kept falling in her face.

I agree that we should give JB another chance to get it right...poor fella' I don't think he knew what he was in for!

I agree her hair looks nice when it is pulled back with a band out of her face where she does not have to constantly smack it out of her face...but the matronly bun look? No way Jose! It won't get the reaction you perhaps believed it would...It looks false, and fake, just another lie in a long line of lies being told by your client. Say something HONEST at least in her appearance for the love of mercy!

FWIW, when I saw KC in court the other day.. I got the impression that they were going for a young look with her... hair down.. not much makeup.. etc.. The matronly bun look had totally opposite effect from what they had planned I believe.. it looked just what it was.. contrived. My bet is that they will attempt to make her look as close to a young girl next door as possible.. in an (useless) attempt to garner emotional sympathy from jury.

My impression is that Casey is letting her hair grow out so that she will more resemble what she looked like in her high school year book photo rather than the short hair bleached blonde and short brown hair that you see her in the party photos.

I wonder how CA will be able to get new clothes to fit Casey though? I would guess that Casey is about 10 pounds heavier now than her court appearance in January and so I think that it's going to be hard for her mom Cindy to put together a wardrobe for her because unless Casey can try them on beforehand it's really going to be a guess as to Casey's clothing size. I think some of the clothing will be too tight such as the top of the pants she wore in court the other day. Since Cindy hadn't seen her daughter in person since last year, she would have no idea of Casey's size I would think. I don't think Casey is a size 2 - 4 junior in clothing anymore. I think she's about a size 6 -8 junior size.

I'm sure that the attorneys are going to have Casey dressed presentably and conservatively to try and downplay the image of Casey as a party girl.

I wonder if the defense team has a jury consultant on board yet to do an image makeover of Casey? I've always thought that JB hasn't really done a very good job with that since only the last 2 court appearances Casey been in civilian clothes and not a prison jumpsuit.

I'm all for shackles and stripes.

KC seemed to have a very strained, nervous look about her which I'm sure can be explained by the presence of C and G. She was much more relaxed at her previous hearings. I was surprised that L didn't come to see his CMA. Maybe he didn't want to get all choked up and have to kiss his bracelet over and over again. KC's hair is way too long and unmanageable and her face is too long and narrow to wear such a style. She needs a serious haircut. Definately, a better look though than the "spinster aunt" get up that she wore for the last court appearance. No matter what she wears or how she fixes her hair it won't make one bit of difference - the girl's going down.

Wonder if the jail allows inmates to get haircuts for important court appearances? Bet they do as long as the inmate can pay for it. She'll probably get hers just prior to trial. I don't think the hair thing right now is intentional. With all these strangers putting money into her account, she could probably get Paul Mitchell himself to do her hair.

:laugh::laugh:
I was surprised that L didn't come to see his CMA. Maybe he didn't want to get all choked up and have to kiss his bracelet over and over again. KC's hair is way too long and unmanageable and her face is too long and narrow to wear such a style. She needs a serious haircut. Definately, a better look though than the "spinster aunt" get up that she wore for the last court appearance. No matter what she wears or how she fixes her hair it won't make one bit of difference - the girl's going down.

Yep... KC and Lee are WAY overdue for a high-five too...

I agree about KC's hair... didn't look good. She looked generally sloppy in this court appearance. I may be the only sleuther who actually likes the matronly bun look though! She looked neat and pulled together.

Wonder if the jail allows inmates to get haircuts for important court appearances? Bet they do as long as the inmate can pay for it. She'll probably get hers just prior to trial. I don't think the hair thing right now is intentional. With all these strangers putting money into her account, she could probably get Paul Mitchell himself to do her hair.

When she had the bun, I thought it looked professionally done. Someone must have come in and fixed her hair that day. I can't imagine she did that herself... it was perfectly smooth.

Personally, to me she looked better the way she was dressed this last hearing. On a more personal note, I don't know how she is even functioning at this point though? Knowing her daughter has been killed and such, you know, since she isn't responsible :banghead:, the way I looked for court would be the last thing on my mind. I would be a pile of goo. But, I guess she has to keep herself together, like she said on her jailhouse video. She wants to cry but she has to much to think about!:rolleyes:

I don't think any of the clothing has been right for her, and I agree this last look was sloppy. Not something you want to do in court, but it wasn't in front of a jury or anything so IMO not as important as actual trial. For that, a good haircut and a dress will be the best look from the defense standpoint, I think.
BTW, natsound, I liked the bun too. Much better than hair down.
More significantly though is that she looked incredibly anxious and worried IMO. Very tight. As I said before, I wonder if the magnitude of what she has done is beginning to hit her....not so much that she killed Caylee, but that she killed her own freedom and she's gonna be in solitary confinement/protective custody all those months. Tough for a social butterfly like her. Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23