Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

idk, K9 trainers told me they are a tool, not 100 percent. There are lots of variables that can effect the dogs behavior. Some dogs are better then others, some miss things and some hit false positives.

Guess it must be true:

American Society of Canine Trainers
United States K9 Certification: Divisions of Research & Education

http://www.asctk9.org/id55.html

The dog must be trained, certified and reliable. The dog does not have to be 100% accurate or perfect. The court has recognized the fact that “false positives” occur and dogs can be as low as 62% accurate.

they seem like a pretty creditable organization...

idk, K9 trainers told me they are a tool, not 100 percent. There are lots of variables that can effect the dogs behavior. Some dogs are better then others, some miss things and some hit false positives.

Guess it must be true:

American Society of Canine Trainers
United States K9 Certification: Divisions of Research & Education

http://www.asctk9.org/id55.html

The dog must be trained, certified and reliable. The dog does not have to be 100% accurate or perfect. The court has recognized the fact that “false positives” occur and dogs can be as low as 62% accurate.

they seem like a pretty creditable organization...

Is there anything in the link about cadaver dog reliability, more specifically? Not that it is a different breed of more reliable dogs necessarily but your link cites several court cases that all seem to be about the reliability and usability of dogs detecting drugs.

This is my belief about the parents and talking to the media:

In the beginning, the first week, DB gave the performance of a lifetime in order to convince the media, the public and LE that she was innocent. This took an abrupt end when people started seeing the inconsistencies and lies. Then there was the HRD hit. After the first week, if the majority of people didn't feel she was lying, they soon began to learn other details and it became even more clear. She was in a catch-22 then because she found out she couldn't trick people into thinking that she was innocent.

The obvious thing for a guilty person to do is to hide, not talk about it. If she doesn't talk about it, she believes it will go away. So, this is what has been happening from after the first week.

Sure, they went to the Dr. Phil show. Seriously, does anyone out there with any common sense believe that the Dr. Phil show is anything other than media grandstanding? So, that didn't work for them the way they wanted it to and now they are back in hiding. Pathetic...just pathetic!

that article was about drug detection dogs... so, how about something more relevant like this:

But Brad Garrett, an ABC News consultant and former FBI special agent, said cadaver dogs are typically accurate.

"In studies done of cadaver dogs where the dog has direct access to the scent and it's reasonably fresh* -- it's above 90 percent," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-family-attorney-cadaver-dogs-misleading/story?id=14790822

*and yes, two week old scent is considered "reasonably fresh" as per one of our verified experts

btw, the site you linked did have one very interesting and imo relevant article: http://www.asctk9.org/id30.html

wow, i sure learned a lot from this thread regarding cadaver dogs. i've read over the years little bits here and there, so like most of john q public, went on what i've read.

i stand corrected. i'll take a cadaver dog over a regular k9 any day. their accuracy is far greater, training is superior. this article actually quotes studies (i love that!);

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/print/cadaverdogasforensictool-print.html

some of the tests, studies were 30-50% accurate, some were over 80%, lots of variables, but impressive.

wow, i sure learned a lot from this thread regarding cadaver dogs. i've read over the years little bits here and there, so like most of john q public, went on what i've read.

i stand corrected. i'll take a cadaver dog over a regular k9 any day. their accuracy is far greater, training is superior. this article actually quotes studies (i love that!);

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/print/cadaverdogasforensictool-print.html

some of the tests, studies were 30-50% accurate, some were over 80%, lots of variables, but impressive.

I agree what they can train dogs to do to use their natural abilities for these days is truly impressive! Good article, but 5 years old & they are learning more every day how best to utilize these remarkable animals known as Man's Best Friend!
:wolf2::beagle:

Heidi,
Your story has touched me beyond words (HUG HUG HUG). i dont even know you and want to give you a long hug....i cried when reading all that info. your a strong human being. all of the parents of the missing deserve metals of some sort. its a story i shall never forget. if there is anything i can do, let me know. i dont know what i can do, but i'll try.

HUGS again
xoxo

Heidi,
Your story has touched me beyond words (HUG HUG HUG). i dont even know you and want to give you a long hug....i cried when reading all that info. your a strong human being. all of the parents of the missing deserve metals of some sort. its a story i shall never forget. if there is anything i can do, let me know. i dont know what i can do, but i'll try.

HUGS again
xoxo

thank you so much Tilmy!
just spread the word out! share my son´s photographs,videos, links, every little help is much appreciated!!!!
God bless! Heidi Stein

We have seen that Deborah and Jeremy do not have much interest in publicizing their daughter's case. They go months without talking to the press and we haven't even hit the one-year mark. When this case gets older and colder, can you see the parents keeping Lisa's name out there? I can't. And I don't like having to rely 100% on the fickle national media to keep Lisa's story alive. I really think these parents want the case to fade away.

Jeremy spoke with reporters at the balloon launch in the beginning of April and Deborah spoke with Kris Ketz (from KMBC)

I don't think DB/JI will ever talk to the police separately, and probably not at all. I think DB killed Baby Lisa and somehow disposed of her little body. I also feel that this is a cold case. The "parents" are over the frightening aspect of being found out, so now they can go on with their lives. :banghead:

But how? How do you go on with your lives when you take your kids to the park or a little league game, or school, or go shopping? You know people are looking at you, are talking about you. How can they stand it!

God bless Baby Lisa, I hope she didn't suffer.

MOO

Jeremy spoke with reporters at the balloon launch in the beginning of April and Deborah spoke with Kris Ketz (from KMBC)

They are still going months without talking to the media and this case hasn't even reached the one-year mark.

i see your point, and i agree...nothing is acceptable when it comes to a missing child (or adult for that matter) until its resolved.

i also know that stealing kids from their bedrooms is at an all time high. the perps are more brazen now then ever.

who woulda ever thought you had to buy special locks for all downstairs windows (locks with windows are easily popped, they even show how to pick anything on youtube 'how to' videos. sick but true). its to the point people need to install webcams (to use as security cams, motion activated to record then upload to your email account all images) indoor and outdoors.

i want justice too.

Here's something else I wonder...

If Deborah and Jeremy decided to do another interview, they could definitely get some $$ for pictures and videos of Lisa. Now, I personally think they are guilty...and money is tempting to a lot of people, especially those who might have killed their kid...so why don't they just talk to get some money? Even if they're nervous that they might slip and say something incriminating...you would think they would do a national TV show every month or so. Right? Or maybe since the case is almost eight months old...not much happening...the media isn't offering as much money anymore or isn't that interested...but I'm kind of surprised if they are just refusing possibly thousands of dollars.

Although, since Jeremy is back at work...and the lawyers are paid for by the benefactor...and we haven't heard about any luxurious purchases the family has made...I wonder how much $$ they really made from videos/pictures of Lisa? It wouldn't surprise me if the media was able to get the footage for not that much due to D&J not being too media-savvy.

So I would not be surprised at all if Deborah and Jeremy pop up again....

Here's something else I wonder...

If Deborah and Jeremy decided to do another interview, they could definitely get some $$ for pictures and videos of Lisa. Now, I personally think they are guilty...and money is tempting to a lot of people, especially those who might have killed their kid...so why don't they just talk to get some money? Even if they're nervous that they might slip and say something incriminating...you would think they would do a national TV show every month or so. Right? Or maybe since the case is almost eight months old...not much happening...the media isn't offering as much money anymore or isn't that interested...but I'm kind of surprised if they are just refusing possibly thousands of dollars.

Although, since Jeremy is back at work...and the lawyers are paid for by the benefactor...and we haven't heard about any luxurious purchases the family has made...I wonder how much $$ they really made from videos/pictures of Lisa? It wouldn't surprise me if the media was able to get the footage for not that much due to D&J not being too media-savvy.

So I would not be surprised at all if Deborah and Jeremy pop up again....

I keep asking people for some proof on this and I keep getting ignored. Do you have a link that says the benefactor is paying for anything more than the 100,000 reward? Thanks

I keep asking people for some proof on this and I keep getting ignored. Do you have a link that says the benefactor is paying for anything more than the 100,000 reward? Thanks

I don't think youre going to get any proof, Meri. Tacopina has refused to disclose who is paying him. People can speculate that it is the benefactor, but I have never seen an article where this is confirmed.

I don't think youre going to get any proof, Meri. Tacopina has refused to disclose who is paying him. People can speculate that it is the benefactor, but I have never seen an article where this is confirmed.

from back in november:

Tacopina, who says he is on the payroll of a wealthy benefactor who would prefer to remain anonymous ...

http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/01/2085467/missing-babys-parents-lawyers.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288