17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession

Zero tolerance for zero quantity?:rocker:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-sanford-police-investigator-suspicious-death

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

There is a great deal of misinformation surrounding the Trayvon Martin shooting. Here are some of the most prominent misunderstandings:

Cops returned the gun to shooter George Zimmerman.
<snipped>

Cops believed Zimmerman had a "squeaky clean" criminal record.
<snipped>

The cops tested Trayvon for drugs but not Zimmerman.
<snipped>

Sanford cops usually call a prosecutor to the scene of a homicide but did not that night.
<snipped>

Zimmerman fired twice, a warning shot and a kill shot.
<snipped>

Ok, so wait - if Trayvon was on top of GZ and slamming his head into the sidewalk then how did GZ's shirt get the grass stains on it? I would understand it being wet - it was raining - but if on a sidewalk where no grass was...............well...............

Having had his head slammed into a sidewalk at least a couple of times - he should have been taken to the hospital.

And then there's that stuff about the suspension from school.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

JMHO

Do we know where the home Trayvon was visiting is located in relation to the area of the shooting? I think he was trying to get back to the house as quickly as possible in order to evade the strange man following him but I think those behaviors were completely misconstrued by hyper vigilant George.

"...the way back to where he was staying."
http://marinadedave.com/

Mr Zimmerman's story I assume. The only person who can give the other side was killed by the person who gave that version. I take it with a great big grain of salt.

You and me both. I have heard the 911 tapes and none of the folks calling in the altercation describe who was where.

From where I'm reading - TM will be alive if GZ hadn't felt the entitlement to hunt him down. Or if he had left it to the police to do their job. Guy is a jerk. A homicidal jerk.

Ok, so wait - if Trayvon was on top of GZ and slamming his head into the sidewalk then how did GZ's shirt get the grass stains on it? I would understand it being wet - it was raining - but if on a sidewalk where no grass was...............well...............

Having had his head slammed into a sidewalk at least a couple of times - he should have been taken to the hospital.

And then there's that stuff about the suspension from school.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

JMHO

From pictures it looks like sidewalk runs between a grass lawn.His body was on the lawn but GZ head was being hit against the sidewalk.

BBM. Have any of the details of Martin's autopsy beeen revealed? IMO, perhaps Martin was high when the encounter happened. Maybe the headline should have read: "Man attacked by and kills drug-crazed teenager"? May also explain why Tracy Martin intially called LE to see if Trayvon had been arrested.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

This is why all the confusion about being suspended.Why hide this?

From article above
When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aide but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

I'll help by putting the answers to these questions that also appear in the article:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-sanford-police-investigator-suspicious-death

There is a great deal of misinformation surrounding the Trayvon Martin shooting. Here are some of the most prominent misunderstandings:

<snipped>

Untrue the gun is still being held as evidence

<snipped>

Untrue, Zimmerman originally told the cops he was "squeaky clean"

<snipped>

True - Zimmerman was not tested because he was not arrested. :waitasec:

Sanford cops usually call a prosecutor to the scene of a homicide but did not that night.
<snipped>

True - SPD talked to a prosecutor by phone but the prosecutor did not go to the crime scene because police believed that they didn't have enough evidence to arrest him

<snipped>

Untrue - only one shot was fired

My answers are in blue. Interesting that a prosecutor was called but told they didn't have enough evidence to arrest and that prosecutor just took their word for it. And that GZ wasn't tested for drugs because he wasn't arrested. Really? But yet on the road - LE will do a field sobriety test BEFORE anyone is arrested. So, that comment to me makes no sense about why he wasn't tested.

JMHO

Maybe it was empty because it was smoked that day? It had to have smelled strongly of MJ or he would not have been suspended IMO.Must have been residue IMO.

I'll help by putting the answers to these questions that also appear in the article:

My answers are in blue. Interesting that a prosecutor was called but told they didn't have enough evidence to arrest and that prosecutor just took their word for it. And that GZ wasn't tested for drugs because he wasn't arrested. Really? But yet on the road - LE will do a field sobriety test BEFORE anyone is arrested. So, that comment to me makes no sense about why he wasn't tested.

JMHO

As far as a field sobriety test before being under arrest usually they do one if the person displays signs of being on something.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how much I could copy and paste. Thats why I bolded the fact these were the misunderstandings.

BBM. LE can not arrest you on the basis of only a failed field sobriety test, nor can they arrest you for refusing to take a field sobriety test. Field sobriety tests, unlike breath tests, are not required under Florida Law and your driver&#8217;s license cannot be suspended if you do not take a field sobriety test. Many of the tests yield subjective results and they are not a true indicator of normal faculty impairment. In many cases, someone&#8217;s performance on these tests can be affected by nervousness, the environment (flashing lights, the temperature, etc&#8230;) or just plain lack or coordination. However, if you refuse to take a field sobriety test after being stopped for suspicion of DUI, you will most likely be arrested since failing a field sobriety test is not a prerequisite for a DUI arrest.

Here is a link to some very interesting info about field sobriet tests: http://www.defensegroup.com/general.php?category=DUI&headline=Field+Sobriety+Tests

"In excess of 98% of the time that an officer asks a driver to perform these tests, that same officer concludes that the driver is impaired and arrests them."

JMHO

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

BBM

Wonder why they have that as a myth or half truth? And by the way they could have asked him to submit to one. They give alcohol test to people all the time that are not under arrest.

True, according to authorities. Trayvon underwent an autopsy, the same as in every other suspicious death in Florida, and as part of that, was tested for drugs. Zimmerman was not tested because he was not arrested.

Please continue here.

Remember the rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.

Please stick with the facts and link them. Link them often if necessary.

Please clearly state when it is your opinion, speculation only.

PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.

Please, please stay respectful of each other.

Thanks,

beach

Thread #4

Thread #5

GZ is a Serial 911 caller who likes the attention he gets from reporting "problems" but most of the time "they" got away before cops get there so he was going to be a hero this time, he unlawfully tried to detain him and Trayvon did fight him, he was in the wrong in that situation too. So no matter what GZ imo is the aggressor.

JMHO

And I wonder if the officer who told the prosecutor that is the same officer who was present in the case of the lieutenant's son not getting arrested?

Lots of new and interesting details in this new article that Daisy posted from the Orlando Sentinel.

Here's a few that caught me:

Police have been reluctant to provided details about all their evidence, but this is what they've disclosed to the Sentinel:

Zimmerman was on his way to the grocery store when he spotted Trayvon walking through his gated community

Trayvon was visiting his father's fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie. Miami schools have a zero-tolerance policy for drug possession.

1Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

2Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

I am guessing that this is after all the walk toward Z and walking away from Z and following etc?

2 Coming out of the blue the way this is written, it makes me wonder just when Z had time to call 911? The way this is written, without the context then yeah Z sounds justified. But when you consider Z stalked him for a while, then approached him. TM probably thought he was about to be robbed. In his mind, he was probably defending himself.

I keep thinking of LE. LE are the people charged with public safety, and LE is required and trained to wait until they see a weapon before discharging their firearm. But Z expects something different?

Z is an LE wanna be. He doesn't want to work for it by taking the training, but he wants to be LE. He saw this kid in the neighborhood, and maybe it really did cross his mind that maybe he was looking for a home to break into. Z probably had a fantasy that he would "save" the neighborhood and everyone would praise him. He looked at the kid and saw he was younger and skinnier and thought he could take him. Or at least could hold him till LE got there to take custody and to shower him with praise.

But reality is a shock. When the kid he 'apprehended' was tougher than he was he got scared. And that is why he shot the gun. I guess being an LE is tougher than it looks.

If there was an altercation - which we all know from the witnesses. GZ and Trayvon were in close physical contact. Where was GZ when he shot? If still in such close physical contact than GZ would have had spatter on him. That spatter would go a very long way at figuring out who was what, where and how close when the shot was fired.

Yet, SPD thought nothing of it. No mention of GZ shirt in the "partial" report we have. No mention of taking GZ's shirt into evidence (although we do have the gun taken as evidence). Why wouldn't they do that? Certainly it would be quite obvious that GZ had blood all over his shirt. What did he tell LE? Its was from his nose? And probably some was - but that's for the forensics lab to investigate.

Then there's this that I'm also wondering. Where is the slug and the casing? Was the bullet retrieved from Trayvon? If not, and it was a through and through shot - then did LE go out and find where it ended up? I don't know much about guns - so I don't know if a tek 9 will expell a casing afterward - but it they do - then did LE find it? That would tell them where GZ was standing when he fired and would be important info - if that type of gun does that.

Also, we know nothing about Trayvon's body or clothes. Did he have evidence on his knuckles that he could have punched GZ? Maybe even GZ's blood on his hand from punching? If he was truly attacking him - punching several times - I'm sure there would be evidence of that on his hands.

I just wish they would release a little bit - something. With all this silence, it tells me they don't have anything to back up with they did.

JVM on HLN right now - with the special prosecutor.

JMHO
Because that is just the report from the officers that responded to the scene. They secured his weapon when they secured the scene; that's very common. Any other evidence collected after they turned Zimmerman over to Major Crimes would not be reflected in this report. In fact, someone posted an article here in the previous thread in which the spokesperson for the PD stated they "recovered" his clothing from the night of the shooting.

I'm not sure where this belief that the PD is so inept is coming from, aside from the media cherry-picking which reports and facts to release.

hmmmm...you would think if he was smoking weed it would have shown up in the drug testing they did...if i'm not mistaken it stays in your system for about a month...interesting...not sure i'm buying that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk