British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? They're kidding, right?

"An apparently sinister text message received by a man in Rome the day before Ms Kercher’s murder, reading “For me, Meredith dies tonight”, might have an innocuous explanation, the newspaper La Repubblica said. On the day of the message, October 31, Italian TV was due to broadcast an episode of the medical soap opera Grey’s Anatomy in which the heavily advertised plot twist revolved around the possible impending death of Dr Meredith Grey, the main character."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2852819.ece

That actually makes a lot of sense to me.

The latest is that Amanda's about face is contridicted by CCTV footage which depicts her and her boyfriend entering the house at 8:43 pm..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=493028&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

"Murder suspect Amanda Knox was caught on camera entering the apartment where a British student was murdered the same night, it emerged today.

The CCTV footage contradicts Knox's claim that she was at the house of her 24-year-old boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.
The news came as a horrifying photograph of the room where Meredith was murdered emerged. The grainy image, below, photocopied from a police crime scene photo, shows a body under a duvet on the floor next to the bed.

As the investigation continued, it was reported police are hunting a third man who may have fled to France.

Detectives are also due to question a Swiss university professor, who Lumumba claims was drinking in his Le Chic bar at the time of the killing.
Married father-of-one Lumumba has told police that a Senegalese friend called Usi and two parties of Belgian students were also in the bar. Usi, a porter, said he went to help fix a drink dispenser and saw Lumumba talking to the professor. "

Dan Abrams will be providing coverage on the twists and turns of this case tonight for anyone who is interested.. and lord only knows what will have happened in the meantime..

Amanda Knox's mom in on MSNBC right now. She says her daughter is living a tragedy.

She's changed her story again. She says she was never there that night. Then she said she was in the kitchen but didn't see anything.

Her mom needs to wake up and face reality. Her daughter is a compulsive liar and a killer.

She's changed her story again. She says she was never there that night. Her mom needs to wake up and face reality. Her daughter is a compulsive liar and a killer.
I really feel sorry for her parents. It has to be every parents worst nightmare. She's lying because she's guilty. Plain and simple. Otherwise, she wouldn't have to lie.

That picture of Amanda Knox chewing on her nails in that article,looks like a very guilty person IMO.She just needs to tell the truth already and take her her punishment.With all the lies shes been telling no one is gonna know the truth except from the evidence (DNA ect)

I really, really hope Meredith get justice.My prayers to her family.
Man, she does look very guilty in that photo. She also does not look like a person who feels bad about what happened. She looks like a person who is thinking about how she will lie her way out of this one.

the more that comes out about this story, the more unbelievable the whole thing is...I hope her parents pursuade her just to cough up the truth and take the punishment as it rides...already she is a step ahead of her roommate.

The more I read about this story, the more it reminds me of a variation the Holloway case. At least Meredith's family won't have to endure all the endless speculation about her being a runaway and who knows what else. Plus the Italian police seem dilligent and not leaving any room for speculation as to Meredith's role in this...clearly stated by them, She was a victim.

We have at least three alleged participants one of whom seems to continue to lie and craft a version of events to suit whatever she thinks will "fly". Once her parents showed up, she's all of a sudden innocent?? Cry me a river, Mrs. Knox-Mellas. Your daughter is alive. She may have not been the killer, but everything points to her setting up her roommate for who knows what.

My mom called me a few days ago and told me about this. (she loves to tell me these kind of stories to prove her point about being careful when you have roomates and not trusting everyone and blah blah) I think its so sad...Meredith was goregous and i think its horrible that she had to die a such a painful death for not wanting to participate in some sick sex act.

I keep hearing & reading about Amanda's statements of that night...has the guy said anything yet??

Sollecito, 23, another suspect in the case, has also reportedly told police two different stories.
He initially told police that Knox had been with him. However, he recanted, and now allegedly says he was not with her between 9pm and 1am on the night of the murder.
The CCTV footage apparently shows Knox entering the driveway of the house at 8.43pm on the night, wearing a light-coloured skirt. A similar skirt has been confiscated by police from Sollecito’s house for analysis

more at link......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...VCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wkercher412.xml

There is additional information that they are possibly looking at the involvement of another woman as they have found a possible imprint of a high heel shoe in the bedroom and that there was apparently a lot of cleaning done in AK's bedroom since there were no fingerprints found in her roonm at all.. and she has been living there for a month..

Okay, now, what is Amanda going to say once she discovers that they have a video of her going into the apartment? I wonder if the video shows what time she left and also shows anyone else entering/leaving the apartment.

Okay, now, what is Amanda going to say once she discovers that they have a video of her going into the apartment? I wonder if the video shows what time she left and also shows anyone else entering/leaving the apartment.

I beleive it does show her boyfriend entering with her and later the camera was triggered by both she and patrick leaving together. I didnt see any mention of RS being with them. I did see in another article that there is a witness now who states that he passed the cottage at 2am and heard loud voices. The ME has now changed the time of death to between 12 and 2 am.. it was prevsiously stated as between 7:30 and 11 pm... however i should note that only saw this noted once as opposed to the other which has been the previous time frame.

Oh one more thing I noticed in the papers today.. according the the italian press the witness from the bar has been question ( until 1 am their time) and cannot testify that the PL was in the bar the entire time until 11 pm... so that combined with the new time of death.. its still feasible that he participated. They are doing more forensic testing on the fluids and the knife today.. should be interesting to see what results are found...

Huh? They're kidding, right?

"An apparently sinister text message received by a man in Rome the day before Ms Kercher’s murder, reading “For me, Meredith dies tonight”, might have an innocuous explanation, the newspaper La Repubblica said. On the day of the message, October 31, Italian TV was due to broadcast an episode of the medical soap opera Grey’s Anatomy in which the heavily advertised plot twist revolved around the possible impending death of Dr Meredith Grey, the main character."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2852819.ece
That actually makes a lot of sense to me.

I understand what you're saying, but who's the "me" in
"For me, Meredith dies tonight”?

If that was the title of the episode, that would make
sense, but otherwise, it's at least ambiguous.

Personally, I'd be more suspicious if it was one of the
suspects who texted it.

IMHO.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=493227&in_page_id=1770
"Italian forensic experts are testing strands of bloodied hair found in Meredith Kercher's hand, according to reports in the Italian press.

Respected Italian daily newspaper La Stampa has reported that laboratory tests are currently underway on strands of hair found in Meredith's left hand with the hope that they may belong to her killer. "We know that Meredith Kercher, on that evening of November 1, fought back and tried to defend herself," the paper said. "

The suspects in this crime are all claiming innocence at this point. There is a bit more on comments from RS in this mornings article..nothing of any great consquence though.

They will just change their stories to fit the evidence as it is released.

I understand what you're saying, but who's the "me" in
"For me, Meredith dies tonight”?

If that was the title of the episode, that would make
sense, but otherwise, it's at least ambiguous.

Personally, I'd be more suspicious if it was one of the
suspects who texted it.

IMHO.gif

Hi Seven,
If the text is completely random, and nothing to do with the case then it could simply have been a reply i.e.

"hi hun, what you up to tonight, I'm sitting in watching extreme makeover"
"for me, meredith dies tonight"
"oh I forgot greys was on"

Not the best example, but you get my drift.

If it came from one of the suspects.... well that is a completely different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth