WA - Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau

Do as they say, not as they do.

That's the hypocritical parenting advice offered by convicted sex offender Mary Kay Letourneau and her former student Vili Fualaau in their interview with Barabra Walters on ABC News' "20/20" Friday night.

"I don't support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older," Fualaau, 31, told Walters. "I don't support it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eau-vili-fualaau-open-20-20-article-1.2181307

Daily Mail:

'I am not a sex offender and I want to teach again': Mary Kate Letourneau defends love affair with 12-year-old student-turned-husband as he reveals he cheated when she was in prison and suffers depression

Letourneau and Vili Fualaau and their two teenage daughters spoke to Barbara Walters in a 20/20 interview that aired Friday

Latourneau's teaching license was revoked during rape trial, but recently she has started tutoring and giving piano lessons

Married mother of two, 53, is trying to get her name removed from the sex-offender registry

Letourneau and Fualaau got close as she gave him extra help with his artwork when she was his sixth-grade teacher in 1996

She said that she thought they would be able to stop at just a kiss but it went much further - and she fell pregnant when he was just 13

She served a few months in jail and fell pregnant with his second child within weeks; she was then sent back to prison for seven years

But a year after her release in 2004, they married and are still together

Vili Fualaau lamented that he didn't have the right support as a young father of two girls and detailed his history of depression

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hip-student-turned-husband.html#ixzz3X0PPDe8L

This woman (predator) should not even be allowed to be a tutor or piano teacher NOR should she ever have a teaching license again. In fact, if it were up to me she would have her kids taken away from her and a restraining order for her victim. She should never be allowed around children ever again!!!:hoppingmad::rage::steamed::furious::stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:This relationship wouldn't have been tolerated if she were a male predator!

I also want to know how she is able to tutor and what those kids' parents are smoking???!!

In the Barbara Walters interview, Villi F. looks absolutely miserable being married to his rapist MKL. She is a predator and seems to still control him. I don't think he is happy but is staying with her for the sake of his children. She is BatS#$tCrazy! He never had a chance at a happy, normal life. I feel bad for him. He was only 12 when she latched onto him and knows no other way.

In the Barbara Walters interview, Villi F. looks absolutely miserable being married to his rapist MKL. She is a predator and seems to still control him. I don't think he is happy but is staying with her for the sake of his children. She is BatS#$tCrazy! He never had a chance at a happy, normal life. I feel bad for him. He was only 12 when she latched onto him and knows no other way.

I haven't seen it yet, but I agree he looks miserable in all of the photos that have been online. She looks like a giddy teenager (and dressed inappropriately as well for a 50+ yr old mother). I'm hoping the interview pops up online soon so I can watch it (don't have cable anymore).

I agree that she acts and tries to look like someone a lot younger than her age. I don't understand people who are allowing her to teach their children (especially if these children are young males).

She seems to be a woman-child. She has the mannerisms of a young teen. I won't watch the BW interview.

Every time I hear about these teachers having sex with students, they come off as immature. They act like teenagers. I remember seeing an interview with Sarah Jones and she was not that articulate at all.

I also notice they are in their late 20s to 30s. If I recall, Mary Kay Letourneau was in her 30s (34 to be exact) when she was first arrested.

Letourneau’s attorney, David Gehrke, says it was Fualaau who filed for separation.

“She could try to contest it, but that’s legally tough to do,” he says. “Perhaps if they want to figure out about the children and child support, but their kids are getting pretty old now.”

“When one person is unhappy in the relationship, the other person can’t be happy either,” he continues. “And there are two people in this relationship.”

http://people.com/crime/mary-kay-letourneau-separates-from-vili-fualaau/

I wonder if he waited until the kids were 18. I know some who were/are in relationships with "difficult" people and they waited until the kids were old enough to choose where to live, etc. (to avoid parental alienation fostered by the custodial parent)

I wonder if he waited until the kids were 18. I know some who were/are in relationships with "difficult" people and they waited until the kids were old enough to choose where to live, etc. (to avoid parental alienation fostered by the custodial parent)

I think that is very likely the case. They talked about that possibility on Primetime Justice on HLN tonight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back