AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Sleuthers,
I just wanted to weigh in on the GPS subject. My fiance owns one. I THINK it's a Garmin. It's a handheld deal that has a cradle that you can attach to the window with a suction cup. As far as I know, it only stores whatever "directions" you request on it. If EJ was driving around without consulting/using the GPS, IMO, that information will not be stored.

Now the GPS that come pre-installed in vehicles, things like OnStar. My understanding is that those will store everywhere the vehicle has been and some even have tracking chips as well.

I can speak on this a little. We have a Garmin that can be mounted in the car, as NewMommy mentioned above.

From what I know of using it, she is exactly right. It does not track anything unless you put in an address that you want to drive to.

Now however, let's say EJ were to put in the address of the hotel she was staying in as her "home" address, she could go somewhere and then when she wanted to return back to the hotel, hit "home" on the GPS and get reverse directions that would take her back there.

So in that way, it could track her movements.

Hope I made that clear enough.

It's Christmas Day.
She's alone, her only real contact is with a voice on the phone, if any at all.
Let's say she does meet a couple. She talks with them, and they offer to take Gabe. But everything is closed, no way to even get formula if it's anything like MI on Christmas Day. i can see her begging them to take him. "Don't worry, I'll get you everything you need for the next few days, but please, you have to take him." either "his father will kill him" or "I can't care for him" or "I grew up in foster care, I want more for him" or insert your own emotionally charged statement here.

This where my imagination takes over.

Instead of just handing him over, she tells them she will run back and get his stuff from the hotel. She emails them when she has everything together and just takes him and drops him off, maybe at the park, maybe at a hotel, maybe at the North freaking Pole with the elves to officiate the "adoption". I have no idea on that part.
But she would have reason to lie if it occurred in any way like this.
She can't use the "I was out of my mind" excuse if she had time to rethink, so she wouldn't tell this part. I sure as the heck wouldn't. If I had done this, I would be betting it all on the "Severe emotional distress" plea.

http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/research/newnetARC.html
Can't access the article, but the snippet is interesting.

As state inspectors reviewed files Tuesday during a surprise office visit, the operators of AAA-Alamo Adoption Agency denied buying babies or targeting pregnant women in Mexico.

ETA: This is or was a San Antonio based operation.

ETAA: It seems the agency closed, but the snippet I linked gives the names of the people that were in charge of it...I think it possible that EJ could have found them. Do baby brokers stop just because they lose their agency, or do they go "underground"?

when she met tammi at the airport,
maybe she was in boston to meet a couple who wanted to adopt ?
then she met ts and maybe that changed her plans maybe more $$ JMO
then when that backfired she went back to the original couple JMO
Just thinking out loud

didnt she used to live in boston ?

can they go back and check her phone recoreds and see who she talked to when she was in boston ? how is it been to long to check phone records

All good points.

And if the use of "suckas" in the plural was meant to include the Smiths, maybe that was EJ's way of showing them how proud she was (in a smug and defiant way) of herself for arranging an adoptive couple without their help or knowledge. Could have happened. Calling them "suckas" might have also been a rub if the Smiths had given her substantial funds to "get out of town" just until they "handled Logan".

Instead, she got out of town and kept going with her "underground funds" (really from the Smiths themselves) and then got more funds somehow from the adoptive parents.

I think the suckas thing doesn't really mean anything. Its a phrase us youngins use. I am still in my 20s (late 20s haha) ;) I've said that as a joke many many times. I think it does mean she was telling everyone so long, but I don't think you can say that because she used plural it meant anything...I would find it odd to say that if she HAD harmed the baby since it tends to be more light-hearted, but she doesn't seem exactly within the norm either...

Does it say when she last updated that phrase? You can change your mood and status separately.

So i have a quick question?

So supposedly she hasn't spoken to police? What about the reports she was talking to FBI to make a sketch of the couple? What ever happened with that?

So supposedly she hasn't spoken to police? What about the reports she was talking to FBI to make a sketch of the couple? What ever happened with that?
I think LE said that was misinformation. I can't remember the link or the day but maybe someone else does.

http://www.adoptionangels.com/about-adoption-angels.htm

Also a San Antonio based group.

On this page: http://www.adoptionangels.com/adoption-news-and-events.htm
they announce their latest adoption.
Third under "it's a boy".
L***** and B*** and Baby Gabriel...

This is in their FAQ's:
Are the adoptive families “good people”?
We have implemented a detailed screening process for prospective adoptive parents to ensure that you have the best families to choose from. We guarantee that there is no history of child abuse or criminal activity on their record. Adoptive parents are required to undergo an extensive background check and to participate in parenting classes.
(Thinking of EJ, I thought they were "good people.")

This is in their FAQ's:
We have implemented a detailed screening process for prospective adoptive parents to ensure that you have the best families to choose from. We guarantee that there is no history of child abuse or criminal activity on their record. Adoptive parents are required to undergo an extensive background check and to participate in parenting classes.

I bet that's the B and Baby Gabriel from the Project Life page.

I bet that's the B and Baby Gabriel from the Project Life page.
That's very possible...I should have figured that out before I posted, but there are so many people in this case that need at least one eye kept on them...I lost track of this one.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but they have tracking devices that they put in dogs. Why can't we do something like this for kids? It's no worse than a shot for chicken poxs or the flu. With all the technology they have today there has to be something better than that plastic necklace or watch or the one they put in their teddy bear.

----------------
Now playing: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Teach Your Children
via FoxyTunes

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but they have tracking devices that they put in dogs. Why can't we do something like this for kids? It's no worse than a shot for chicken poxs or the flu. With all the technology they have today there has to be something better than that plastic necklace they use.

EWWW thats a little 1984 for my taste :) I could see a benefit..but at the same time I think that could become a VERY bad thing.

That's very possible...I should have figured that out before I posted, but there are so many people in this case that need at least one eye kept on them...I lost track of this one.

Way too many! It's nice though when two of the puzzle pieces fit nicely together like this, since there are so many that don't.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but they have tracking devices that they put in dogs. Why can't we do something like this for kids? It's no worse than a shot for chicken poxs or the flu. With all the technology they have today there has to be something better than that plastic necklace or watch or the one they put in their teddy bear.

----------------
Now playing: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Teach Your Children
via FoxyTunes

I'm very cautious where my children are concerned, but I'm not so paranoid yet that I am ready to let Big Brother track any of them like they are animals.

http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/research/newnetARC.html
Can't access the article, but the snippet is interesting.

As state inspectors reviewed files Tuesday during a surprise office visit, the operators of AAA-Alamo Adoption Agency denied buying babies or targeting pregnant women in Mexico.

ETA: This is or was a San Antonio based operation.

ETAA: It seems the agency closed, but the snippet I linked gives the names of the people that were in charge of it...I think it possible that EJ could have found them. Do baby brokers stop just because they lose their agency, or do they go "underground"?

Oh good find, NMK!!!!!

I think the suckas thing doesn't really mean anything. Its a phrase us youngins use. I am still in my 20s (late 20s haha) ;) I've said that as a joke many many times. I think it does mean she was telling everyone so long, but I don't think you can say that because she used plural it meant anything...I would find it odd to say that if she HAD harmed the baby since it tends to be more light-hearted, but she doesn't seem exactly within the norm either...

Does it say when she last updated that phrase? You can change your mood and status separately.

If I remember correctly, both were changed 12/29, but you can verify that in the first or second Gabriel thread.

And thanks for the info on how you younguns talk ;-)

This is in their FAQ's:

You're on a roll, nmk. Good find!

Yes, good people. In her raw jail interview.

Johnson gave the baby to a mystery couple.
Several media outlets reported Johnson was working with the FBI to create a composite sketch of a couple she reportedly gave Gabriel to in San Antonio. Police sent out a news release to refute this, and emphasized in a briefing that Johnson is not cooperating with investigators. She hasn't made any indications to police about what she's done with Gabriel and has only spoken with them to ask for water and to use the bathroom, Tempe police Sgt. Mike Horn said.

Video footage exists of her giving the baby away.
Tammi Smith told reporters that she has met with Johnson in jail, and that Johnson told her there was video footage at the FBI of Johnson handing the child over to a couple outside a San Antonio hotel. Sgt. Steve Carbajal, a Tempe police spokesman, said immediately after the reports surfaced that there was no such footage.

Johnson gave her baby away in a Texas park.
San Antonio news stations reported the name of a specific park where Johnson met the mystery couple, Carbajal said. But he said police are unaware of any such park.

right hand column of the page:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/17/20100117missingbaby0117.html

Good morning Sleuthers,
I just wanted to weigh in on the GPS subject. My fiance owns one. I THINK it's a Garmin. It's a handheld deal that has a cradle that you can attach to the window with a suction cup. As far as I know, it only stores whatever "directions" you request on it. If EJ was driving around without consulting/using the GPS, IMO, that information will not be stored.

Now the GPS that come pre-installed in vehicles, things like OnStar. My understanding is that those will store everywhere the vehicle has been and some even have tracking chips as well.

Yes, that's the type of Garmin I have, and that's what I have been saying all along, but I could be wrong -- I do know there is no way for the user to access that data -- but maybe EJ did use it for everything-- that is she looked up every place before going there, and that data would be stored

Perhaps that is how LE found out she went to the library--she simply used her Garmin to find the nearest library

But again, when you turn it on it immediately locates your position via satelite and there may be a way to retrieve that information IDK--you know just like a computer, things are never erased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa