Was There a Dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littledeer

Former Member
Reaction score
On one of the first news videos it talks about the little dog going along with the girls for the walk. Then we heard nothing more about the little dog. Kahskye emailed a reporter and he emailed back that the little dog was found alive the next day at the bridge.

Posted by kahskye:

Here's our answer! :) Just received this from staff writer, Johnny Johnson:

If memory serves, the dog may have been a Chihuahua
The dog was found the next morning by law enforcing I believe somewhere near the bridge ... the dog had not been shot to my knowledge.
There are several dogs at the family's home.

jj

Now, you're ready!
Johnny Johnson

Staff Writer
The Oklahoma Publishing Co

9000 N Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73114

fax: 405 475-3183

toll free: 800 375-NEWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMoon
I want to know if the dog was dead or alive too. You'd think the dog would stay near the girls and where they were..you know how protective they are...even chihuahuas.

By kahskye:
Just got an email, the dog was alive.
[/QUOTE]

Posted by MurdersheWrote:

The Character of Chihuahuas

The Chihuahua is an excellent companion for singles and the elderly. They are very spry and can leap as high as cats; they’re also great at avoiding being stepped on! Not daunted by size, they are bold and brave watchdogs that send a threatening, surprisingly deep bark when strangers enter their range. Of course, because they are small, their bark is much worse than their bite!

Chihuahuas tend to act nervous in the company of anybody except their primary owner, but they’re also fun-loving and full of bravado when left to their own devices. Some Chihuahuas are they hard to train, and require “newspaper” training to become housebroken. They are also very gentle creatures that learn quickly and respond well to positive reinforcement.

Chihuahuas enjoy chewing on toys, and you would be surprised at how sharp their little teeth are. Although they are small, they require large, soft chew toys if you want to keep them from chewing on your prized possessions.

The Chihuahua’s Ideal Environment

Chihuahuas are small creatures that don’t require a lot of space; they fit in perfectly with an apartment environment. Because of their size, they are especially sensitive to cold and actually NEED the doggie sweaters you can buy at your local [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana,sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]pet [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]store[/FONT][/color][/FONT][/color][/color]. They don’t need a large yard and, quite frankly, shouldn’t be given a place to roam freely as they can easily fit through small spaces.

Also, because of their tiny size, Chihuahuas usually require a body harness rather than a leash and require several walks a day. They tire quickly and really only need to walk a block or so; but if you want to continue walking, you can always carry them around with you.

The Chihuahua’s Companions

Chihuahuas tend to be a “one-person-dog” and become very attached to their primary owner. They tend to get jealous of visitors and act suspicious and “skittish” around strangers. They tend to follow their owner all over the house and get nervous when you leave their field of vision.

Chihuahuas and children are not a good combination; because of their size, they are easily intimidated by loud noise and sudden movement. Their only defense when faced with a teasing child may be to snap and bite. They are fragile animals and should not be allowed to sleep with their owners because you can accidentally roll over and injure them.
Chihuahuas, like other dog breeds, need gradual socialization to keep them from picking fights with larger dogs and strangers. They don’t get along with other dogs because any other dog breed will attempt to dominate them, and cats are intimidating for them, too. The only animal companion that is safe for a Chihuahua is another Chihuahua. Even if you live in an apartment, there will probably be enough room and enough love to go around if you choose to adopt two of this breed!

Posted by kahskye:

Temperament: Chihuahuas are bold or shy, playful and very alert. They love to alert their owners to whatever is going on, and some tend to bark. Some breeds are afraid when the wind blows, while others will challenge dogs many times the size of themselves. They tend to be quite devoted to one person. They are sometimes reserved with strangers and a favorite among the elderly. They are graceful, humorous, and a good watchdog. Although playful, Chihuahuas are not to be messed around with. They can be aggressive towards other dogs and wary of strangers. On top of that, they are quite fragile and do not tend to realize it when picking a fight.

http://puppydogweb.com/caninebreeds/chihuahua.htm

I agree Claycat!!!!

I am always asking my dog to "talk" to me!!!

And I am sure, if Taylor's dog could have been able to tell what happene,. he/she would have!!!

Wonder if he/she has doggie nightmares??

I am at work and can't view this....have you all seen this? Can you tell me about it?? (scroll down to Greta investigates)_

Return to Crime Scene

Why was a dog at murder scene of two Oklahoma girls?

I am at work and can't view this....have you all seen this? Can you tell me about it?? (scroll down to Greta investigates)_

Return to Crime Scene

Why was a dog at murder scene of two Oklahoma girls?
It's about the "gunpowder/explosive" sniffing dog going over the crime scene for missed casings. They didn't find any - OSBI had already searched with a metal detector and thought they had them all, just wanted to be sure. The interview also revealed that the OSBI does know the guns used and other details, which they are not releasing to the media. The OSBI said Wed "the noose is tightening".

My Opinion

It's about the "gunpowder/explosive" sniffing dog going over the crime scene for missed casings. They didn't find any - OSBI had already searched with a metal detector and thought they had them all, just wanted to be sure. The interview also revealed that the OSBI does know the guns used and other details, which they are not releasing to the media. The OSBI said Wed "the noose is tightening".

My Opinion

Duh....I thought it was about one of the girls dogs...thanks Flower!

Speaking of Dogs...

I have been reading along and trying to make sense of this case. LOL
If the police dog that was brought in found nothing and if I remember right was suppose to alert to gunpowder. And if their pet that went with them on the walk that day was found at the bridge....What if the two girls were actually killed at the bridge and dump along side the road.

Speaking of Dogs...

I have been reading along and trying to make sense of this case. LOL
If the police dog that was brought in found nothing and if I remember right was suppose to alert to gunpowder. And if their pet that went with them on the walk that day was found at the bridge....What if the two girls were actually killed at the bridge and dump along side the road.

I don't have the link, but I read somewhere that they found footprints that the girls and little dog made it to the bridge and were walking back.

I don't have the link, but I read somewhere that they found footprints that the girls and little dog made it to the bridge and were walking back.

I wonder how they knew the footprints were from that day and not the day before. We don't know if they might have walked down there on Saturday afternoon too. Unless the witnesses saw them, they might not have made it to the bridge that day and the prints could have been from an earlier time. Could they have been shot somewhere else one time and brought there to finish the job? There are too many questions that have not been answered. I am afraid they may never be answered. I am so afraid this won't be solved, and I just hope it doesn't happen to other children.

Annie:

I'm not an expert on "dirt roads", but your question is a very good one. How does LE know or feel that the footprints were from that day??

There was supposed to be some grading done on that road, was it possible that it had some pre-planning work done on it prior to the day the girls were killed?

I'm sure LE has contacted the company to find out what, if anything, they did to the road prior to the day they actually did the grading. (Which, I am still amazed at that it happened!!) :mad:

On one of the first news videos it talks about the little dog going along with the girls for the walk.
Then we heard nothing more about the little dog. Kahskye emailed a reporter

and he emailed back that the little dog was found alive the next day at the bridge.....................

Posted by kahskye:

We know the girls would NOT have left the little dog at the bridge...

The girls would have been possibly carrying the little dog when they were shot in the chest, so why wasn't the dog shot also?

think about the position, against your body as you carry a dog..

What IF the girls was shot from someone under the bridge, while looking over the edge, thus the shots under their chin and in the legs and arm.

The little dog stayed where the shooting happened...where it was dropped...
the shooters take the girls up the road, near the house to throw off LE and finished killing them beside the road?

IF the shooting happened 300 yds. from the home, why didn't the dog run home? the little dog had been to the bridge with T. most every day, IF it is like most dogs it knew the way home... Dogs aren't stupid and GP was there within minutes, and didn't see the dog.....WHY was the dog waiting for T. at the bridge?.....jmo

found by investigators early the next morning and delivered back to the Plackers house around 5am, a family member told me directly

The dog that authorities returned to the family no longer resides w/ the family. This was told to me directly by a family member.

Do you know where the dog is now?

The dog is dead. It was told directly to me by a family member.
It may or may not be relevant but is interesting that the dog ran towards the bridge and hid out all night instead of home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer