LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely be going into LPD to speak with officers if that was my vehicle and I wasn't involved. I would want my name cleared ASAP.

That exact thing happened in the Laura Spierer case. A white pickup truck was seen in the surveillance vids around the same time she was walking home alone at 3:30 am. And they showed the truck in the media. It turned out it was a nighttime employee in the are who came forward and showed his work hours, which was his alibi. Mystery solved.

'

we went by around 12 and behind the cajundome by the cement coulee there were police a k-9 unit and theyre putting up caution tape around that field with an orange cone down???? i think they found something

Jess, my son was out on his bike and verifies what you saw. I passed by later and didn't see anything, but there was plenty of activity earlier, apparently.

Locals: per FB, search HQs are moving at 7pm tonite, to Blackham Colloseum. They're asking for volunteers to help move.

I thought I saw the search coordinator there with one officer awhile ago! Makes perfect sense to have the Coliseum for search headquarters.

Yes it is. Daughter and I searched up and down that coulee, in the cement drains, fields, etc. on Wednesday. I think MS's friends had searched that area prior as well. I still think that area from the end of St. Landry (by Blackham) and Coliseum Rd. is where she was abducted. JMO though.

My opinion is she was abducted either by Coliseum Rd. or in front of the old Lourdes. Once she was on Cajundome Blvd. she would have been in a well-lit area and safer. The hospital just stands out to me because the area is darker, there are ample spaces to be ambushed at, businesses in that area are closed (less residential to hear a commotion)....same with Coliseum Rd.--fields and Blackham and a lack of residences.

The question that nags me is where is her bike? If they were just abducting her, they'd take her and leave the bike in most cases, or ditch the bike somewhere that would probably have been found already. I still believe it's someone she knows who offered her a ride and without resistance had time to clear up evidence and dispose of things more efficiently.

I still think that area from the end of St. Landry (by Blackham) and Coliseum Rd. is where she was abducted. JMO though.

I agree... once you cross Dean Street on St. Landry, there is just alot of empty space, probably not well lit until you reach Souvenir Gate near the Cajun Dome. That would be the creepiest part of her assumed route, along with the deserted Lourdes Hospital area. Hard to believe my mom had surgery there just last March. It's almost been closed an entire year.

What exact location are you seeing K9 & LE at?

it was about 12:45 and it was at the end of coliseum dr across souviner gate, but across the coolie from the cajundome u can see caution tape i watched them mark off the area ( and it wasnt pertaining to the fair either)

Do the red light cameras constantly record? Just curious as to if they checked footage from the camera on Congress and Guilbeau. That's the first red light camera she would have encountered, if she made it that far, have they released a statement about that?

Now that we know that BW is telling the truth about how his and Mickey's night unfolded and how she left his house to bike home as she had done so many times before, I'd like to say something.
Brettly, when I listened to you describing your relationship with Mickey when you were interviewed in the noisy gymnasium, I recognized that you two have reached a higher level of being and a higher level of friendship that seems rare these days. In our sex driven society it is my opinion that so much of life's real meaning and the art of practicing behaviors within relationships that bring genuine connection, fulfillment and intellectual joy have been lost. As I listened to you speak of MS's interests and how she focuses on her own pursuits and, as her friend, you were (I hope 'were' becomes 'are') able to take part in those interests too, I was inspired.

Today it seems that topics of conversation revolve mostly around who is doing what with whom and who is not fitting into our own molds, etc. The focus today seems so often to be on the other guy versus growing our own selves and developing our own interests. Friendship is a wonderful thing and appreciating one another like it seems you two do is a relationship to be forever cherished and grateful for. Anyway, the generous quality I noticed about you when you spoke about MS is one that I don't often notice anymore. Thank you for being a good example. You appear to be a great friend and person. My condolences for what you have been through and are going through on Mickey's behalf.

Like WOAH woe....that's about as beautiful as Brettly & Mickey's friendship. Both the video of Brettly speaking about his dear friend (tho hard to hear - headphones helped) and your post made my eyes water.

If every girl could be so lucky as Mickey to have a friend like Brettly the world would be such a better place.

Thank you muchly for putting those feelings into words. I couldn't agree more.

:grouphug:

MICKEY please come home NOW!

Do the red light cameras constantly record? Just curious as to if they checked footage from the camera on Congress and Guilbeau. That's the first red light camera she would have encountered, if she made it that far, have they released a statement about that?

yess they did its just the LE only realesed pics and only three

The photo of the white truck shows that it is getting ready to take a left from St. Landry onto University. I just looked closely at Google map of the area. If the driver was really out to get Mickey, it looks like he would have taken the first left (off of University) which is Azalea to Parkside. It looks like this route would take him onto St. Mary's which intersects with St. Landry. I think that is close to the Lourdes Hospital which many have said is abandoned. Question for locals: what is it like on St. Landry’s right after crossing St. Mary’s? Is that the dark and abandoned looking area others have referred to? Sorry if this post is confusing! I’m just trying to get a sense of the area – kind of hard to do here in New Hampshire!

wait man relook the route she never went that way

I was just thinking about if they had any info on cameras further down her path, to narrow down the area where she could have been abducted--right now the focus is St. Landry, because that is where she was last seen, and I'm wondering if they ruled out her getting any closer to her home. That's the closest camera I can think of that she may have crossed. Or perhaps Johnston and Foreman, but I'd think Congress would be more likely.

Here's more educational material for us peeps who aren't familiar with Louisianna's terrain. What is a coulee? lol!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulee"]Coulee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The photo of the white truck shows that it is getting ready to take a left from St. Landry onto University. I just looked closely at Google map of the area. If the driver was really out to get Mickey, it looks like he would have taken the first left (off of University) which is Azalea to Parkside. It looks like this route would take him onto St. Mary's which intersects with St. Landry. I think that is close to the Lourdes Hospital which many have said is abandoned. Question for locals: what is it like on St. Landry’s right after crossing St. Mary’s? Is that the dark and abandoned looking area others have referred to? Sorry if this post is confusing! I’m just trying to get a sense of the area – kind of hard to do here in New Hampshire!

It's not very well lit (not as well lit as a main road, but there are streetlights) nor busy. The hospital takes up quite a bit of space and across the street is an eye clinic and another parking garage, a funeral home, a bit further down St. Mary on one side is a daycare and on the other, doctors offices and a parking lot for the college....so it's not a well-populated area unless it's a school day (people parking and walking to classes)....there is constant daytime car/pedestrian flow, but not heavy flow, and during the night traffic drops off--I'd consider it mostly residential.

I was just thinking about if they had any info on cameras further down her path, to narrow down the area where she could have been abducted--right now the focus is St. Landry, because that is where she was last seen, and I'm wondering if they ruled out her getting any closer to her home. That's the closest camera I can think of that she may have crossed. Or perhaps Johnston and Foreman, but I'd think Congress would be more likely.

Methinks they wouldn't stop looking at video after finding the first image. They have either exhausted their efforts and have looked at all the tape available and what they've released are the only images they found or, they're still looking at video to see if there are more images of MS to be found.

Also, LE has asked that all personal video images be examined as well in hopes of coming up with more evidence.

St. Landry between St. Mary's and St. Julien is not necessarily poorly lit... just deserted since Lourdes hospital moved across town. St. Landry between St. Julien and Dean Street is not as well lit, but there are alot of residential homes lining the street there. Past Dean Street is alot of open space and fields, with a handful of buildings scattered about and not occupied at that late hour.

Methinks they wouldn't stop looking at video after finding the first image. They have either exhausted there efforts and have looked at all the tape available and what they've released are the only images they found or, they're still looking at video to see if there are more images of MS to be found.

Also, LE has asked that all personal video images be examined as well in hopes of coming up with more evidence.

Yes, I would assume they wouldn't stop looking. I just didn't know if an official statement had been made saying that they didn't find anything else or if they're still reviewing tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021