TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months. I asked him some info:
Did you find the Idaho Id? He said it was in the lockbox and he is the one who opened the box.
(snip)
What is weird is I thought Velling found the Idaho ID later.

According to the Seattle Times article:
She got an Idaho ID card in Becky Sue’s name in Boise, claiming she was 18 years old.

“What this tells me is that Jane Doe was in Idaho in 1988,” Velling said. This tidbit, discovered just last week, strengthens the hypothesis that she was from the Northwest. She also kept a mail drop in Boulder City, Nev., which forwarded her mail to Dallas.

So either Velling received the ID card (the original or a copy) almost 2 years after he was asked to begin the investigation, or the journalist got her facts confused here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the second: newspaper articles are written under pressure of deadlines, & this is a point that could be easily overlooked when the article was fact-checked & copy-edited. And it's a warning to all of us not to try to read too much in what has been written about this case.

I'm curious just how far did the PI look into this. Was it just to find out who BST was, & he stopped when he discovered that BST died as a child & LEK clearly wasn't her? Or did he poke into her background a little further, perhaps learning something about her life between the time she moved to Dallas & married Blake?

In any case, thanks for the additional information Linda. This helps to understand a bit more about what we have been told about LEK.

I hope they realise that if this does "go viral" their lives could become even more uncomfortable with more people asking questions and digging into the family history. In my opinion the only way they can make all this all stop is to confirm what the situation is regards Lori's identification. It's not going to go away.
To be honest , im surewe have heard every scenerio in the book. worst thing could be she murdered someone .. other than that , life happens and the ruffs aren't shielded from it more than any of us...

So either Velling received the ID card (the original or a copy) almost 2 years after he was asked to begin the investigation, or the journalist got her facts confused here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the second: newspaper articles are written under pressure of deadlines, & this is a point that could be easily overlooked when the article was fact-checked & copy-edited. And it's a warning to all of us not to try to read too much in what has been written about this case.

I'm curious just how far did the PI look into this. Was it just to find out who BST was, & he stopped when he discovered that BST died as a child & LEK clearly wasn't her? Or did he poke into her background a little further, perhaps learning something about her life between the time she moved to Dallas & married Blake?

In any case, thanks for the additional information Linda. This helps to understand a bit more about what we have been told about LEK.

It certainly could have been misquoted, but in the FOIA docs (my apologies as originally I stated that the Idaho ID info was in the FOIA docs...it was not mentioned specifically or even alluded to) it says that he asked the Turners if they recognized her based off the TEXAS ID. If he had the IDAHO one in the time period covered by his report (9/21/11-10/1911), I would have expected him to ask them if he recognized the Idaho one, as it was the oldest. Yes, I am assuming, but based on the quote from the article, the fact that he got a binder of stuff from a congressman (2nd-3rd hand vs direct from police), the documents state that additional "digging" was done to assemble docs beyond what was in the lockbox, and the lack of usage of the ID in late 2011 to seek people who recognized her, its definitely a good possibility IMO that it was not in the box and was not discovered until mid-2013. However, maybe it makes no difference either way but it makes me curious! Also, if the Idaho ID wasn't the tidbit not uncovered until mid-2013 (although it is pretty specifically stated), what WAS the new tidbit?

I KNEW I had read they found it later, and I was so confused about the whole thing!
I BET the writer meant they had just found the PO box.
The more important question is WHAT NAME WAS THE PO BOX IN. Was she using Becky or Lori? When was it established?
I bet money she also had a PO box in Leonard or very close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member