IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand it, JR is only confirming that he saw her leaving, not that she was in his apartment. CR's lawyer has been the most vocal one so far, we haven't really heard from others. So far we don't know what the boyfriend was doing that night.
The timeline as I understand it is as follows:
LS and CR first partied at the bar then she brought him to her building. Where the friend of the boyfriend saw them, presumably got upset that CR and LS were together, and allegedly punched CR.
After which LS and CR took off for CR's place. Upon arrival, CR's friend apparently claims he put CR to bed. And JR apparently claims he saw LS leave. Can anyone else confirm that? JR's lawyer has not been talking as far as I know.
Did the friend that allegedly punch CR inform the boyfriend of what took place immediately or the next morning? Did the boyfriend try to look for her that night? Boyfriend's lawyer has not been talking as far as I know.

The only reason that I am also confident about Corey and Mike's statements is because they make sense. I mean, we do have the altercation caught on tape, we have Corey's lawyer confirming it. Both guys seemed to urgently comply with the requests to provide DNA.

I mean, yes, they are friends, but they are also young so if their story was made up, one of the two could have cracked by now or given inconsistent information.

Their story makes sense, are consistent, and seems to match with what was taped on camera.

Of course, they can be really good liars and have been able to keep their stories straight this whole time, but it looks like they are telling the truth from MY POV.

I also wonder about Jesse and Jay now...

While I also find it hard to believe that college students could keep it a secret if they knew of what went on, but when Natalee Holloway went missing, the three men of college/high school age were last seen with her, and yet we still have no clue as to what exactly happened to her.

While I also find it hard to believe that college students could keep it a secret if they knew of what went on, but when Natalee Holloway went missing, the three men of college/high school age were last seen with her, and yet we still have no clue as to what exactly happened to her.

True. Honestly, for me anything could have happened. I'm kind of in square 1. Either of the 4 male POI'S could be involved... or the reamining 6 - or a stranger abduction.

I literally wouldn't be surprised with any outcome. Which is weird because I normally have a strong hunch on cases...

AMW airs tonight, hopefully this will produce some fruitful tips.

At 7:08 in the video (link below), a reporter asks if there are cars in any of the footage being reviewed. He answers that there are cars and they are working to enhance the video in order to identify them. Does not say "alley", so I was wrong about that.

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28197690/index.html

Good article and it seems like the investigators are in square 1 as well:

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/

As investigators piece together this puzzle they are looking at two main options, assuming Spierer did indeed meet foul play. In one scenario, she leaves the Rossman/Beth/Rosenbaum complex and is confronted by an unknown person as she is walking alone at 4:30am. The second is that one or more of the persons of interest knows more than they are telling. And while four names have been made public, there are six more people of interest, whose names remain a secret.

Rossman and Spierer were both seen by Mike Beth, Rossman’s roommate, who is said to have asked her to stay because of the late hour, but instead Spierer left.

In other cases (Phylicia Barnes, Haleigh Cummings) we've seen young people keeping their mouths shut for a very long time, as well as sticking to their original stories...I don't think young people are as easily intimidated by LE or authority as they used to be...or at least as I was, at that age...

The only reason that I am also confident about Corey and Mike's statements is because they make sense. I mean, we do have the altercation caught on tape, we have Corey's lawyer confirming it. Both guys seemed to urgently comply with the requests to provide DNA.

I mean, yes, they are friends, but they are also young so if their story was made up, one of the two could have cracked by now or given inconsistent information.

Their story makes sense, are consistent, and seems to match with what was taped on camera.

Of course, they can be really good liars and have been able to keep their stories straight this whole time, but it looks like they are telling the truth from MY POV.

I also wonder about Jesse and Jay now...

Anything is still possible at this point, we just don't have enough details. But I agree with you, about CR & MB.

Now what about JR & JW, we have yet to hear anything from them or their attorneys.

In other cases (Phylicia Barnes, Haleigh Cummings) we've seen young people keeping their mouths shut for a very long time, as well as sticking to their original stories...I don't think young people are as easily intimidated by LE or authority as they used to be...or at least as I was, at that age...

Not trying to berate anybody because of social-economic status, but Phylicia and Haleigh seems to come from a poor/troubled background. This does play a role.

Personally, I cannot relate to what was going on on those cases, as the people involved in both seems SO shady. The same thing with Haley Dunn's family. Shady, shady people.

In Lauren's cases, we are talking about seemingly normal college students who could just be any of us here...

Not trying to berate anybody because of social-economic status, but Phylicia and Haleigh seems to come from a poor/troubled background. This does play a role.

Personally, I cannot relate to what was going on on those cases, as the people involved in both seems SO shady. The same thing with Haley Dunn's family. Shady, shady people.

In Lauren's cases, we are talking about seemingly normal college students who could just be any of us here...

But the motivations to, perhaps, lie are almost always the same; to cover up a crime or to cover up other behavior going on the night of the crime, which may apply to all of these cases.

Good morning, everyone. I see there are still no answers about Lauren. Such a shame.

A couple of pointers for new members and existing members who haven't posted in awhile:

Do not link to Facebook, Myspace and other social networking sites associated with individuals such as relatives and friends of victims and suspects. Generally, it is okay to link to a victim's page or a suspect's page after an arrest is made.

Do not copy and paste posts or comments from other sites. If you come across a post/comment that is pertinent to the discussion, type a sentence or two describing what it says, and then post a link. Please use common sense when referencing comments from other sites.

We can cut and paste from news articles, but no more than 10% of the original article. And always provide a link.

Here are a couple of threads that contain helpful user information. There are others posted in the sticky section of the forums.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I may have missed this, but why did friends/family organize a search for the lakes?

Epiphany- That's not the guy that was involved with Holly Bobo's case is it?

From today's briefing:

Captain Qualters took the helm, putting the clamp down in a very PR like way. He even backtracked on the 3am alley video. I just don't think he's that caught up yet. Wishing we had Lt. Parker back. Still interviewing people of interest. Searches continue. They make it clear that the parents should not be asked any questions. Highlight of the newser was when mom came to the mic and made an impassioned plea..."as I walk around Bloomington, Lauren is everywhere, I see her everywhere, she's everywhere but she's nowhere, someone knows where she is. If u hear anything, see anything, let us know...As a mom, cause she is the light of our life.

From today's briefing:

Captain Qualters took the helm, putting the clamp down in a very PR like way. He even backtracked on the 3am alley video. I just don't think he's that caught up yet. Wishing we had Lt. Parker back. Still interviewing people of interest. Searches continue. They make it clear that the parents should not be asked any questions. Highlight of the newser was when mom came to the mic and made an impassioned plea..."as I walk around Bloomington, Lauren is everywhere, I see her everywhere, she's everywhere but she's nowhere, someone knows where she is. If u hear anything, see anything, let us know...As a mom, cause she is the light of our life.

Link?

MSM? Who is Tony G? NYC here...name sounds soooo familiar.
Posts from most blogs can be discussed but they should not be regarded as a source for verifying facts.

To avoid confusion, it's always a good idea to add a reminder that the site is not MSM.

Posts from most blogs can be discussed but they should not be regarded as a source of facts.

To avoid confusion, it's always a good idea to add a reminder that the site is not MSM.

He is in Bloomington, worked at CBS and ABC News for many years.

He is in Bloomington, worked at CBS and ABC News for many years.
True, but a blog is still a blog and not subject to editorial review by anyone other than the writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23