trial thread: 3/28/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it is a blue stripped collar dress shirt similar to one he is wearing in one of his other pics

I can't find the old aerial shots of the recovery scene, but based on the above pic, it seems the immediate area was heavily wooded. I am wondering how far from the rock pile (or wherever the car was parked) that one would be able to see the silo that TLM remembered. In the map she drew (at the blog link that Dilbert provided above), it has TLM's hand drawn map and the silo is apparently a couple of fields away.

Depending on where the silo is visible from, this could certainly be an indication/verification that it was in fact TLM who walked away from the car, and whatever that distance could have been.

Because the crimes happened in early April, the deciduous trees would not have leaves yet and the foliage wouldn't be blocking the view so much. The coniferous trees would provide cover for the two as they disposed of Tori's body, as well as the car and the rock pile itself. TLM could likely see the silos from wherever she was that was further from those evergreen trees. JMO

Well, I'm disheartened that the bits of the car seat were never recovered. JMO

They didn't search the garbage bins because they never found the correct car wash.

There were dump searches in Salford, but that was before TLM confessed.

This has always bugged me that she was able to remember alot of other details but not the carwash. How many carwashes could their be in the area they travelled?

I've gone back and read the tweets about the shoes, she says Rafferty told her they had to get rid of their shoes. He had extra pairs for both of them She tossed hers out and it seems like he tossed his own out, so perhaps they were on the other side of the road and that's why Lillian didn't see them.

I've gone back and read the tweets about the shoes, she says Rafferty told her they had to get rid of their shoes. He had extra pairs for both of them She tossed hers out and it seems like he tossed his own out, so perhaps they were on the other side of the road and that's why Lillian didn't see them.

That makes sense. But wasn't she in the back seat cutting it up? Or was that after the car wash? :waitasec: the shoes were found on the east side of the highway or near the highway 6. Do we have a link to a map of this yet? JMO

On the other hand maybe he thought she threw his shoes out but she put them in that bag with the shorts and that's why she had 2 pairs of his shoes in her closet....hmmm

That makes sense. But wasn't she in the back seat cutting it up? Or was that after the car wash? :waitasec: the shoes were found on the east side of the highway or near the highway 6. Do we have a link to a map of this yet? JMO

If I remember correctly she cut the seat after the car wash, they may have tried to clean the seat there but it was still stained. I hope LE has the actual blue handled knife she used.

After she threw them into the bush, as she and Mr. Rafferty drove south, Tori’s clothes and the hammer - never located by police – were placed in a garbage bag and dropped in a dumpster at a carwash in Cambridge, Ms. McClintic said earlier during her testimony.

There, the couple washed down Mr. Rafferty’s Honda Civic and shampooed the inside, including the floor mats, Ms. McClintic said.

In a public washroom they then changed into different clothes that Mr. Rafferty had brought along, tossing their old garments out of the window as they drove along Highway 401, together with chunks of
upholstery from the back seat, Ms. McClintic said. The chunks of upholstery have never been found.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ori-staffords-death-testifies/article2384078/

So the chunks of upholstery were thrown out along the 401 and were never found. sigh. One thing though, if TLM was in the front passenger seat when they left the crime scene, and they were driving south, she would have been on the west side of highway 6. The shoes were found on the east side of the road. Either TLM was in the back at the time when she through out her shoes (through the rear driver side window) or they were driving north. JMO

This has always bugged me that she was able to remember alot of other details but not the carwash. How many carwashes could their be in the area they travelled?

I thought I read that TLM had provided a diagram of the car wash and the variety store as well.

If this is true, this is one of those times when LE should have engaged the public in trying to locate these places.

MR and TLM were in custody so there was no reason to be keeping things so close to the vest at that point. They should have utilized the public to figure out where these places may have been.

I don't remember them ever going public asking about this.

Perhaps it wasn't in Cambridge but in some other town between Guelph and Woodstock. If the place existed, it was obviously a coin wash so how hard could it have been to find? :waitasec:

I bet we would have found it. :)

MOO

I would like to know why they were in Cambridge?? yes it is close to Guelph but still quite a drive from mount Forest and woodstock. Is it possible that TLM was confused?? JMO

I would like to know why they were in Cambridge?? yes it is close to Guelph but still quite a drive from mount Forest and woodstock. Is it possible that TLM was confused?? JMO

Well it's halfway between and likely in the area where they would have got on the 401 so it's possible she was confused.

MOO

She probably had too much on her mind on the way back to be paying close attention. What bugs me is that police investigators were unable to find a car wash in the area that looked vaguely familiar to her. Then again Cambridge is a huge regional area, sort of like Mississauga, not a city, per se.

I agree...very strange!!!

I was just wondering the same thing as I'm reading through and catching up. Did no one ask about what the other shoe looked like either? What size was it? What color? Was it a man's or woman's shoe? I'm hoping as I read and catch up that these questions will be answered!!

I was also thinking that if the shoes had appeared to have blood on them then the witness probably either wouldn't have picked them up, and might have then contacted police regarding the finding, rather than bring them home. I'm wondering if they were just maybe dirty, muddy and wet not bloody? Of course, if they were bloody, and wet, the rain / snow / slush might have washed off blood evidence to the naked eye but perhaps forensics could have recovered that somehow?:twocents:

She probably had too much on her mind on the way back to be paying close attention. What bugs me is that police investigators were unable to find a car wash in the area that looked vaguely familiar to her. Then again Cambridge is a huge regional area, sort of like Mississauga, not a city, per se.

She may have saw a road sign that said Cambridge before going there and just assumed that's where she was?

MOO

Scoyne said shoes were sent to Centre for Forensic Science to test for DNA

On May 31st 2009, shoes were turned over to Scoyne. Centre of Forensic Sciences did testing on them. Looking for DNA evidence

Scoyne says shoes were sent to the Centre of Forensic Sciences to test for DNA. Crown says we will hear from scientist later

We'll hear from forensic experts about the shoes later on, Carnegie says.

Scoyne shown left SHAQ shoe in plastic bag

The Crown says the shoes were tested, and we will hear from the scientist later which makes me think that they probably found trace evidence of something on those shoes. I'm guessing maybe blood and if so I wonder how much and in what pattern? I'm also wondering about transfer evidence they may have obtained (eg: soil on the tread matching the soil in the area where the remains were found). Maybe there was drug residue on or in the shoes (would there be evidence of drug use through the sweat of the foot into the insides of the shoes I wonder?). :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member