MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

The West End Word writes on January 16, 2012 that:

As soon as Phoenix Coldon's parents found out where their daughter's car had been found, they rushed to the area with fliers of her picture. Their search revealed nothing other than a few people who said they had seen her in her car that day. On Jan. 5, St. Louis police used cadaver dogs to search the area around the vehicle.

"They used dogs, but nothing came up," Goldie Coldon said. "There was nothing there."

Bolded by me.
Read more: http://www.westendword.com/Articles...h-For-Young-Phoenix-Coldon.html#ixzz1lULmbMDm

Anyone with information is asked to call the St. Louis County Police Department at (314) 889-2341.

I wish I knew who at KMOV wrote this article. Posted February 2nd, 2012. See link below.

The St. Louis County SWAT team is assisting detectives from St. Louis County and the East St. Louis Police Department in the search of a wooded area near 9th Street and St. Claire in East St. Louis. Police got a tip on Thursday in reference to the case of a missing St. Louis County woman.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/-Tip...ssing-person-case-turns-up-dry-136749278.html

The West End Word writes on January 16, 2012 that:

As soon as Phoenix Coldon's parents found out where their daughter's car had been found, they rushed to the area with fliers of her picture. Their search revealed nothing other than a few people who said they had seen her in her car that day. On Jan. 5, St. Louis police used cadaver dogs to search the area around the vehicle.

"They used dogs, but nothing came up," Goldie Coldon said. "There was nothing there."

Bolded by me.
Read more: http://www.westendword.com/Articles...h-For-Young-Phoenix-Coldon.html#ixzz1lULmbMDm

Anyone with information is asked to call the St. Louis County Police Department at (314) 889-2341.

So people saw her in her car, in this area? She drove there?
LE must know by now who she was on the phone with, when she was in her driveway before she disappeared...have not heard anything about phone records. I could swear I thought her mother said she was sitting in ehr car, on her phone?

So people saw her in her car, in this area? She drove there?
LE must know by now who she was on the phone with, when she was in her driveway before she disappeared...have not heard anything about phone records. I could swear I thought her mother said she was sitting in ehr car, on her phone?

I read this same information too.

Maybe it wasn't her in the car in the driveway. Maybe it was someone throwing off the timeline. I am sure that LE has checked her phone records, but it would sure be nice to know if RK was on that list anywhere.

If you go to the link for the Missing Phoenix Coldon FB page, you will see that there are a LOT of comments - I wish I could somehow directly link a comment here, darn it. I *think* we are allowed to paraphrase but not quote from the FB? Anyway, it's believed (according to FB) that Phoenix has friends helping her to stay away from the family due to family issues of control/etc. Her Mother deleted some of the comments and made her own post, saying that she wants the FB to be about prayers and donations and a positive place for the family, not speculation. She then 'called out' the friends by posting their full names.
I won't re-post since they are not in MSM and are innocent of any wrong-doing, even if they ARE helping their friend to be voluntarily missing (and I'm not saying she is. I just don't know.)

There's also a comment where her Mom clearly states that it's not true, that RK from the Stacey English case, was on Phoenix's FB. That surprised me, I thought that was true.

There's a lot more to this story, after a closer look. I believe the reason her family is seeking donations so urgently is that police are not investigating, as they believe she is voluntarily missing.

It's tragic, in any case, because her family is torn up over this. Sending my prayers for all involved.

My two cents and all that.

Anyway, it's believed (according to FB) that Phoenix has friends helping her to stay away from the family due to family issues of control/etc.

There's also a comment where her Mom clearly states that it's not true, that RK from the Stacey English case, was on Phoenix's FB. That surprised me, I thought that was true.

There's a lot more to this story, after a closer look. I believe the reason her family is seeking donations so urgently is that police are not investigating, as they believe she is voluntarily missing.

This is news to me. Phoenix is an adult. By now, I would think she should know her rights. Her family has law enforcement out looking for her. If all of this turns out to be true, then she might face some problems with the law later. As for RK having some contact with Phoenix. I think some people are looking for that connection, so they can place RK as a common interest concerning both Phoenix and Stacey English disapearance.

I would think Phoenix would have contacted her family by now if she could. She's old enough to leave home and start her own family. I myself would rather be homeless than to have my family worried about me. Perhaps she has had situations when she was younger of running away from her family, but she's older now & more mature. Obviously something has gone terribly wrong this time. A beautiful woman is missing. Her running car abandoned in a dark n scary neighborhood. She needs to be found.

I wonder if the police do think she is missing voluntarily? How does a 23 year old live without all the stuff 23 year olds need? I think I read she doesn't have her phone, do we know if she has her purse? The area where the car is abandoned is very barren, looks like fields and highway. There is an earlier article that police searched the area, but found nothing. It doesn't sound like this girl took off. Oh, and I saw several times where her Mom said she didn't know RK.

The Stacey English (Atlanta) case has been linked in some media over the past weeks; today a report was released from medical examiner. You can read online at www.AJC.com Iinformation printed in the Atl. Journal Constitution report just as FYI:

There was no evidence of bodily harm, and toxicology tests showed no evidence of a drug overdose, the Medical Examiner's Office said in a statement.

"Based on a combination of information sources including the autopsy, the sequence of events and circumstances, toxicology results, medical and mental health records, and statements of witnesses and acquaintances, the most likely cause of Stacey English’s death is cold exposure complicating underlying neurological and psychiatric disorders," the statement reads.

"Because cold exposure is an external, environmental condition, the manner of death has been classified as accident.

Atlanta police said in a statement they now consider the case closed "as a result of the findings of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office and the investigation conducted by the Atlanta Police Homicide Unit."

It is difficult for me to understand how it happened and she got where she was found; but it seems they found no evidence to point to any other way she died. If the case is closed, as stated, this is one that will always leave me wondering what really happened. RIP Stacey.

How on earth would she get under that tree? Are they saying she crawled under there on her own with feet sticking out? I'm not buying it. Not for a minute. I think she was incapacitated and stuck under there while still alive. The ultimate cause of death probably was hypothermia. How incredibly sad. No justice for Stacey.

How on earth would she get under that tree? Are they saying she crawled under there on her own with feet sticking out? I'm not buying it. Not for a minute. I think she was incapacitated and stuck under there while still alive. The ultimate cause of death probably was hypothermia. How incredibly sad. No justice for Stacey.

Apparently, one of the symtoms/reactions from hypothermia is "burrowing"...which could be exactly what happened here. I do believe she was alone and disoriented and that her death is a tragedy but not a crime. JMO

Apparently, one of the symtoms/reactions from hypothermia is "burrowing"...which could be exactly what happened here. I do believe she was alone and disoriented and that her death is a tragedy but not a crime. JMO

Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have.
My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions.

Stacey's death was a tragedy; that is for sure. Until and unless some new information comes forth (next week, next month/year or 5 years from now) this will remain the official finding.

In reading the comments from the medical examiner's office, I am struck by the notion that they do not have "factual evidence" of how her death came to be (as evidenced by the use of the word "likely"). Seems to me that they had to come to this conclusion (or have a finding of "inconclusive") - because they also did not have "factual evidence" of an abduction, struggle, murder, suicide or any other evidence of foul play. From the investigation/evidence they collected, there was a process of elimination of causes. Finding none, they made a judgement call based on factors present.

While there is the possibility that she was experiencing a "break" and got herself to Lakewood in her car, got out and walked almost a mile to some woods, crawled under a tree trunk, hunkered down and died - to me that scenario will always seem remote - but is it possible? I guess it could have.
My gut feeling, at 60 years old, is that there was more to it than this. One disappointment is that LE has now closed the case and reportedly will have nothing more to say about it or answer any questions.

I guess cause of death could not positively be determined but there were no apparent injuries to her body, and I am guessing, no evidence of another person having been at the scene or in her car. Yes, it is a mystery...I really do not think she met with foul play, but feel equally certain her family probably does.

As far as Phoenix...nothing new on her? The last I read on a public FB page, some people made remakrs that she had left on her own to get away from her parents...? Odd way of doing it, if so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back