Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A theory from our very own , brilliant, JWG (sniped from another thread):
" I posted the following piece of speculation yesterday evening but it kind of got swamped by a blizzard of other posts. I think it is interesting to stand back and see if we can trace the true "daisy chain" of information that led to the remains discovery, whether it be LP's theory or some other theory.

What follows is my theory - updated since I posted last night.

What we know is Kiomarie was interviewed at nearly 10PM on July 19. Kio grew up on Hopespring drive and her dad still lives there. Kio has a friend named Bailey who also lives on Hopespring very close to the Anthony's. Bailey had already spoken to Brian B. and learned he had spoken to LE about the shovel. So Kio and Brian get to talking about KC, and when Kio heard about the shovel, she starts thinking about the secret hiding area off Suburban. Bailey calls Brian and gets the detective's phone number, gives it to Kio, and Kio calls the detective.

Neighbors are obviously talking. It probably does not take long for word to spread about Kio's interview and suspicions about the woods off Suburban. Maybe neighbors kind of are convinced that the area is a high-probability area, but are afraid to spend a lot of time searching themselves because 1) they are neighbors and 2) they figure LE will be able to do it.

So LE does an initial search of the accessible areas (some of it was too wet), and they come up empty. TES comes out and searches same area - no luck. Problem is - as we know today - the body was not quite in the spot Kio had pointed out. In fact it was several hundred yards away, up the street close to Hopespring.

Neighbors though remain convinced that area is a highly probable area. They know of Kio's story. They know of the shovel. They know TES and LE could not get into all areas. They are unconvinced the unsuccessful searches to date have ruled out the area.

Now throw into the mix speculation that the MR's supervisor is also a neighbor of the Anthony's. Since neighbor's are talking and still think the body could be found up there, the supervisor speaks to his good buddy the MR and asks him to take a look when he does his route. He may even have assigned him specifically to do that route in August just because he is trusted. An official utility vehicle parked up in that area would not look suspicious.

So the MR takes a look and finds a suspicious-looking bag. We know he called it in three times, and the bag was not located:

1. LE first says they searched and cleared the area (as noted above, they cleared an area several hundred yards away).
2. They go out again (possibly with a dog) and find nothing. Unknown exactly were this was done, but probably still a hundred yards or so away. If one listens to the MR 911 calls, the location description is vague enough to allow LE to miss the spot.
3. They go out a third and final time. MR points to the area and LE heads back, sees a big rattlesnake, and decides it might be best to come back later. Oh, and by the way, there is loads of garbage back there.

Fay comes in, floods the area, and no searches can be done until early November. Note that rumor has it Kronk was not on that route in Sept., Oct., or Nov., implying to me someone assigned to him that route to check things out.

This next bit of speculation is going to infuriate a lot of Lee haters here when they read what I am thinking. (I think Lee is getting a bum rap from the public).

Meantime, Lee, I believe, is not drinking the KC Koolaide the way Cindy is. He knows KC did something. He does not know the details, but has suspicions, and does his best to pull information from KC without raising her ire and having her shut him out. He loved Caylee and wants to know the truth. He gets enough KC code to believe her body is nearby, but again no details.

Lee becomes aware of Kio's and the neighbor's suspicions. With what KC implied, the general location makes perfect sense. He knows LE and TES searched in that area but maybe they were not in the right spot. Maybe he is involved in lining up other silent searches, including that of the MR, or maybe he just hears about the MR's finding and subsequent failure of LE to locate the body. On the one hand he knows LE and others have searched and declared it clear - should trust that coming from LE, right?? On the other hand, the MR did say he found something. After Fay, this gets filed in the back of his mind.

Meanwhile, Lee loves his mom but feels she is in a deep denial over KC's crime. He knows - feels - KC did something to Caylee. While mom is stuck in the first stage of grief (denial), Lee is entering the second stage (anger). It shows as he tries to protect the parents he loves, and the public backlash is vicious. He starts to drop from public view. He does not want to get caught up in the maelstrom Cindy is creating.

In early Nov. TES finally can get out and do a search. But they find nothing and pull out earlier than expected.

Bewildered, Lee talks to the PI working for his parents. I speculate the conversation went something like this:

Quote:
"Look, there was a MR out up on Suburban back in August near the area Kio pointed out, and he found a very suspicious bag. LE went out there with cadaver dogs but could not find it. They were not in the right spot. So the MR met them out there but they could not get into the area because of a rattlesnake. They wanted to try again but Fay came along. This past weekend TES went up there, but once again we think they were too far up in the area of the school.

As I understand it, the MR found the bag somewhere along Suburban between the corner at Hopespring and before the school. The area there is really dense with brush and it would be difficult to see anything. But I am convinced at this point that the location - of any that have been discussed - is the one that makes most sense. I am also convinced Caylee is dead, and we need to stop this wild goose chase my mother is on. I'm not sure of the exact location, but can you check it out for me?"
Lee convinces PI Casey that Caylee is dead and they need to look for a body. So the two PIs hike up there two times to look and video-tape, and PI Casey goes up another two times alone. The information they have is that Caylee's body was found in August, but not recovered. They find nothing. PI Casey calls Lee several times and asks if he can help nail the exact spot down, because they are not seeing anything but thick brush and unrelated trash. Given only 10 minutes of video were recorded, none of the searches may have been very long.

They are very close, but not quite in the right spot, and they fail to locate the remains. They report back to Lee: nothing.

Nejame catches wind that Lee sent the PIs up there and he decides he has had enough. Time to bail out. It appears the Anthony's privately think the child is dead but publicly berate LE for not searching for a live Caylee. Well, Lee believes she is dead, and probably George does too, but Cindy won't admit it. He's had enough and resigns.

At this point Lee is thinking: LE looked several times. TES looked several times. My PI looked several times. No one could find the bag. The only one who ever saw the bag was the MR. In order to put this thing to rest, we need him to look one more time.

Lee gets word back to the supervisor neighbor and tells him the PI's could find nothing. Can we get the MR back out there? So the supervisor reasigns the MR to the route and asks him to see if the bag is still there. The route is scheduled for the 11th of every month, so they have missed the November slot, but he'll be assigned to the route on Dec. 11.

The MR goes back on the route, finds the bag, sees the skull...and Caylee is brought home.
Now one of the PIs brags to his good buddy LP about the trips they made to that same area and found nothing, and the circus begins again.

The key piece of the above puzzle is confirming or denying a link between the neighbors and the MR. The "supervisor as neighbor" is one possible link. Another possible link is "MR chats up neighbor". But a link needs to exist for the above theory to make sense.

The daisy chain, as I see it, is:

1. Kio - Bailey - Brian B. - Kio - detective - TES. Failure to find the remains starts a second chain.
2. Lee - neighbors - supervisor - MR - LE. Failure to find the remains starts a third chain.
3. TES. Failure to find the remains starts a fourth chain.
4. Lee - PI - Lee - supervisor - MR. Success.

IMHO"

BBM. I think you are spot on about Lee and I also think he refuses to go along with CA's nonsense. THAT,imo is why he has stayed out of the spotlight.

Didn't AD get a subpoena? Poop, I figured that if they used the subpoena method, we would definately hear about it because they will have to then pass it to JB as discovery....

The judge advised AD to go ahead and submit the subpoena because DC wasn't listed on the witness list. If they take this route JB can't be at the investigative hearing.

But... because JB wants to be at the hearing he said to reporters today that he intended to add DC to the witness list and the normal deposition process can take place at that point.

So... if JB holds up to his word, the depo will take place and we will get a copy of the transcript under the sunshine laws. With a subpoena we would not be privy to the information.

I am trying to play catch up and am really confused about this whole issue of DC deposition. Could you please expound on this issue?

Who is AD? (duh?)

What is the difference between a deposition and an investigative hearing?

Only portion of hearing I have seen so far is the first part involving DC and I thought that JB could not be present since SA wants to question DC about actions AFTER his contract with JB was cancelled?

Help....

Just now saw this...BBM from your quote....I meant AD as in Annie-She was under subpeona when she was interviewed by LE and LDB. Was hoping DC's subpeoned investigation would be released like Annie's was.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz1p2mI31O4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_sEh-hVZcA[/ame]

Yes, where the heck is this going? Why hasn't this depo been addressed by the State again?

The only inference we can draw is that indeed they did depose him as the judge ordered in that hearing that they could utilize the time they had already scheduled to do so and simply do it under a state's investigative subpoena. In that case the defense would not be present and it would not be released to the public.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY3HuVsPZss[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdd1_tWYMM[/ame]

How does Geraldo figure that these tapes belong to the Anthony's? The camera was not their's, the tape was not their's, and DC said he didn't even know he was being taped. Am I hearing/seeing this incorrectly?

Funny when Geraldo talks about seedy people-Geraldo is the guy that was photographed autographing the backsides of Hooter's ladies in Spotsylvania, Va., while he was there covering the DC sniper case-A father of six, heading home to Pennsylvania, was gassing up at a station just a block from that Hooters when he was shot and killed by the snipers. And GR's in the local paper with a big grin and an orange heiney behind his head. Geraldo is gross.

ETA-But he makes me laugh, especially when he almost got swept away in Galveston....

How does Geraldo figure that these tapes belong to the Anthony's? The camera was not their's, the tape was not their's, and DC said he didn't even know he was being taped. Am I hearing/seeing this incorrectly?

Funny when Geraldo talks about seedy people-Geraldo is the guy that was photographed autographing the backsides of Hooter's ladies in Spotsylvania, Va., while he was there covering the DC sniper case-A father of six, heading home to Pennsylvania, was gassing up at a station just a block from that Hooters when he was shot and killed by the snipers. And GR's in the local paper with a big grin and an orange heiney behind his head. Geraldo is gross.

ETA-But he makes me laugh, especially when he almost got swept away in Galveston....

Hi Jayla, agreed it is classic Anthonyonics!

I had forgotten about the Spotsylvania incident. He makes me nauseated !

On Dominic and the silence...I really hope and believe that he has already spoken with the state (just a hunch). I also believe his testimony (if there is a trial) will be the slam dunk in the case against Casey.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4YsgbNSSs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqowDOCyiys[/ame]

Have any of you locals any news about if Dom moved from his home, or just closed his office? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBdB3XQE28[/ame]

If he only closed his office, it could very well be a financial issue. Was it Hoover who said the Anthonys owe Dom over 90K by his estimation for all the unpaid hours he had worked on the case? One cannot pay bills that way. Since they did get paid 20K by their own admission in their depos with the state...if they did not pay him any part of what he is owed..perhaps that helped him see the light.

Have any of you locals any news about if Dom moved from his home, or just closed his office? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBdB3XQE28

If he only closed his office, it could very well be a financial issue. Was it Hoover who said the Anthonys owe Dom over 90K by his estimation for all the unpaid hours he had worked on the case? One cannot pay bills that way. Since they did get paid 20K by their own admission in their depos with the state...if they did not pay him any part of what he is owed..perhaps that helped him see the light.

They decided to take that cruise instead.

If the A's owe him $90,000 and he turns State's evidence... then it will be mentioned in the courtroom. To make it seem like revenge and not reliable.. IMHO

But I don't feel sorry for him. He shouldn't have let it get that high..

Thanks for that. I had forgotten what an idiot GR is and just how far up JB's butt he is which just makes him even more pathetic than he already was.

I wonder how many strings GR has pulled for JB for access to other lawyers, experts, etc. And what he plans to get in return.

Sorry this is OT, but it just dawned on me, could GR be KC's benefactor? OR someone connected to the media, to ensure they get the inside story on every detail before the rest of the media. That sure seems unethical, but could it be possible?

Anyone local have any news on DC? Is he still conducting business? On vacation?

I really believe people want to insert themselves in high profile cases for the publicity but the reality is high profile cases take over your lives, not just your business, and you can't really do any other business while you are on a high profile case. So if he let his fee get to 90K without trying to collect, well, consider the publicity as paid in full. Not a very good deal if you ask me.

Sorry this is OT, but it just dawned on me, could GR be KC's benefactor? OR someone connected to the media, to ensure they get the inside story on every detail before the rest of the media. That sure seems unethical, but could it be possible?

This has been mentioned before by some members here (can't remember the thread though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni